What's new

Leaked report: Pakistan had 'major failures' during OBL incident

What I saying is that the global media portrayal wouldn't be about Pakistan defending its sovereignty, but Pakistan defending OBL.

Whether the generals were complicit, cowardly or incompetent is unknown, depending on whom you believe.

C'mon now - Please tell me if its honorable for an army to act as a bounty hunter? is it an honorable thing to jump over Aiwan e Sadr, hold PTV and Radio Pakistan on gun point? coup after coup? Making Lashkars of civilians for fighting the Army's war? Selling the most advanced tech we have in shody deals (AQ)? What would you believe after these actions?

Is that the reason why PA became the bounty hunter for America, to show how useful they can be for the Americans?

The PA is trying to squeeze out whatever benefit it can from a bad situation.

And losing honor - a harsh price for a few $$

I am not defending the army brass as being honorable men. I am simply stating why engaging the US military machine in defence of OBL was a non-starter.

You denounce Islamist but in the same breath quote their favorite mantra about them evil Hindus. Neither India nor Hindus quipped out Bin Laden's Pakistan hideout to the USA. In fact Indians were as surprised as the rest of the world when the news was released about Bin Laden's capture and death in Pakistan. Pakistan's "major failure" poses no reason for Indians to gloat. If your intelligence/executive/military was genuinely unaware (which I seriously doubt as stated earlier) of Bin Laden being in Pakistan at times, then that poses a bigger threat to India in my view. India borders Pakistan. If the situation was complete ignorance on the part of Pakistan's establishment then the question must arise as to what intelligence exists about groups posing a threat to Pakistan's neighbors and in particular groups whom Pakistan does not wish to associate with nor has any interest in supporting.

But would you not agree that much before the raid happened, the world media was shouting the suspicion on OBL being in Pakistan? That should have given enough clue to Pakistani Intelligence to do a scan just to ensure that the world was wrong?

The fact is they were aware that OBL is in Pakistan. The only thing is that amazes and perplexes me is that they let a nation down just to save some top levels....

You denounce Islamist but in the same breath quote their favorite mantra about them evil Hindus. Neither India nor Hindus quipped out Bin Laden's Pakistan hideout to the USA. In fact Indians were as surprised as the rest of the world when the news was released about Bin Laden's capture and death in Pakistan. Pakistan's "major failure" poses no reason for Indians to gloat. If your intelligence/executive/military was genuinely unaware (which I seriously doubt as stated earlier) of Bin Laden being in Pakistan at times, then that poses a bigger threat to India in my view. India borders Pakistan. If the situation was complete ignorance on the part of Pakistan's establishment then the question must arise as to what intelligence exists about groups posing a threat to Pakistan's neighbors and in particular groups whom Pakistan does not wish to associate with nor has any interest in supporting.

OK.

There are perhaps 3-4 Indian posters who have tried to oppose the $hit shoveling being done by Islamists and Indians on this topic.

Obviously I am not forgetting those few.

However it is pathetic to see majority of Indian posters (who otherwise are very sensible) to refuse and I mean utterly refuse to even entertain an alternative view.

Everyone including your post is trying to pin the Ben mofo Laden on every Pakistani's chest.

this is nothing but extreme prejudice (that is mainly driven by Hindu-Muslim tensions for the past 200 years).

So look under your own shirt pocket and ask yourself why so many Indian posters are utter failures when it comes to creating a good and respectful environment on PDF in particular (and in Pak-India in general).

Do some soul searching please.

peace to you.

May you live long and prosper

May you have great spiritual experience during this holy month.

Amen

People who helped foreign armies attack Pakistan are patriots. People who object on national principle are conveniently termed as Islamists?.

I think your eyes my dear poster are stuck backwards unfortunately.

Why on earth you utterly fail to see the following?

Housing and hiding a known international terrorist is the biggest crime against Pakistani people.
--- Who committed that crime? Islamo-fascist @rseholes.

Hiding Arab and Uzbek goons in FATA against all internationally accepted laws, is the biggest crime against Pak constitution.

Killing innocent Pakistani men, women, and kids just because they were Pakistani Brelvis, Pakistani-Shias, Pakistani-Ahmadis, is the biggest violation of Pakistani constiution.

Do not come on a public board and defend ben mofo laden and other Islamo-fascist @rseholes.

Because if you do not

then obviously you are one of them.

and thus do not deserve any protection from Pakistani constitution that you love to yap about.

peace

Firstly, I think you should calm down and stop calling everyone who dosnt agree with you an islamist.
t .

Point take bro!

Tell you what?

If someone walks like an Islamist duck, talk like an Islamist duck, $hits like one, then if you call him/her/it a smelly beeaach, well then you are free to do so.

Why shoot the messenger?

I followed the first tweet of helicopters over Abbot Abad.

From then on, I had pretty much the current info.

What you are telling are the stories made up much much later.

And thus have no shred of truth in them.

Please avoid spreading conspiracy theories.

Thank you

yeah right, only your version is true and other are conspiracy. LoL

btw it's not me, it is someone who was sitting at the top of his roof. try to search for his video on youtube you will find it easily.

For me it's only one conspiracy, You find world number 1 wanted person, you will not throw him into the sea, and will wait till sharks eat it. So you tell your boss yes we got him, but we don't have any proof for that. For me, it's raise suspension, why curfew before operation? & on the top, if I didn't meet those people who did "Nimaz-e-Janazah" in 2008 at jalalabad.

But would you not agree that much before the raid happened, the world media was shouting the suspicion on OBL being in Pakistan? That should have given enough clue to Pakistani Intelligence to do a scan just to ensure that the world was wrong?

The fact is they were aware that OBL is in Pakistan. The only thing is that amazes and perplexes me is that they let a nation down just to save some top levels....

Well in all fairness to Pakistan , the west was at one stage seeing Bin Laden everywhere, and I mean everywhere. Here in this little crack of land called Lesotho, two men were detained at the airport for hours by South African intelligence and Lesotho police because they resembled Bin Laden :D. In South Africa, the number of "suspicious looking men who resembled Bin Laden" and who were followed by CIA and South African intelligence were in the dozens. In Europe the tales of Bin Laden sightings outgrew the UFO sightings :D. Hence I can understand if Pakistani intelligence eventually started to rubbish tales of Bin Laden being in Pakistan

OK.

There are perhaps 3-4 Indian posters who have tried to oppose the $hit shoveling being done by Islamists and Indians on this topic.

Obviously I am not forgetting those few.

However it is pathetic to see majority of Indian posters (who otherwise are very sensible) to refuse and I mean utterly refuse to even entertain an alternative view.

Everyone including your post is trying to pin the Ben mofo Laden on every Pakistani's chest.

this is nothing but extreme prejudice (that is mainly driven by Hindu-Muslim tensions for the past 200 years).

So look under your own shirt pocket and ask yourself why so many Indian posters are utter failures when it comes to creating a good and respectful environment on PDF in particular (and in Pak-India in general).

Do some soul searching please.

peace to you.

May you live long and prosper

May you have great spiritual experience during this holy month.

Amen

Pray show me any of my posts in this forum where I tried to pin the Bin Laden issue onto every Pakistani chest ? I am inclined to accuse you of going into defensive mode when it comes to this issue. Ramadan Mubarak to you and your family

How the heck do you scan 180 million people living in a land with medieval infrastructure?

This is not Singapore where every train ticket and every bubble gum purchase is electronically tracked.

Well in all fairness to Pakistan , the west was at one stage seeing Bin Laden everywhere, and I mean everywhere. Here in this little crack of land called Lesotho, two men were detained at the airport for hours by South African intelligence and Lesotho police because they resembled Bin Laden :D. In South Africa, the number of "suspicious looking men who resembled Bin Laden" and who were followed by CIA and South African intelligence were in the dozens. In Europe the tales of Bin Laden sightings outgrew the UFO sightings :D. Hence I can understand if Pakistani intelligence eventually started to rubbish tales of Bin Laden being in Pakistan

:laughcry:....Sometimes I believe if these stories were straight out of ISI headquarters just to ensure the focus goes else where:D

How the heck do you scan 180 million people living in a land with medieval infrastructure?

This is not Singapore where every train ticket and every bubble gum purchase is electronically tracked.

Bro, do you really have to scan 180 million people? This is a weak argument.

Bro, do you really have to scan 180 million people? This is a weak argument.

You know how things work in India/Pakistan. Let me repeat my earlier post:

What's the more realistic scenario? OBL's buddies came up to these officials and said

A- "We are hiding OBL. As a fellow Islamist you must help us".

or

B- "Here's PKR 50,000. Keep your mouth shut and stamp these documents, no questions asked".

The fact is that much of the blame can be laid on nothing more sinister than the culture of corruption, which is entirely due to the civilian government.

My point is that the people complicit in hiding him were petty officials bought for money who had no clue whom they were hiding. If the ISI went around investigating all cases of bribery in housing/taxation/etc. they would be on an endless wild goose chase.

Back
Top Bottom