What's new

LCA Tejas at Iron Fist 2013

Doesn't look like a "Light Combat Aircraft" from this angle, meaty beast :smitten:

Look at this picture to realize how tiny they managed to make it. That's the Tejas parked near the navy's sea harriers. Both aircrafts have the same weight. But Tejas seems to be half the size, can carry more payload, and has more hardpoints. The small size and use of composites means a much lighter RCS.

38726920675881941857410.jpg

By the way the harriers are no big beasts either. Tejas would be almost negligibly small near an MKI or F-18.

:yahoo::tup:

Salient points:

1. Agility
2. Asymmetric loading
3. Griffin LGB drop
4. IR missile launch and target chaff hit
5. Chaff disposal
6. nice views

Great Video!
So finally fruits of labor are showing :tup:

Tejas looks so Graceful and Majestic :fans:

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it so great according to Indians, but still is grounded?

How is it so great according to Indians, but still is grounded?

india need plane to the US standard and making it.

Our Grounded plane is still better then your flying plane. thats why your PAF didnt gone for 3rd Sq. they now know that can JF-17 can do in real.

Look at this picture to realize how tiny they managed to make it. That's the Tejas parked near the navy's sea harriers. Both aircrafts have the same weight. But Tejas seems to be half the size, can carry more payload, and has more hardpoints. The small size and use of composites means a much lighter RCS.

38726920675881941857410.jpg

By the way the harriers are no big beasts either. Tejas would be almost negligibly small near an MKI or F-18.

Thats because tejas is not parallel parked to compare, the angle makes it look tiny....just an observation.

Can you please identify the first plane from top in the lineup (the twin seater one)

That looks like a Hawk. One can also see, what I think is the White Tigers emblem just behind the nose. So its definitely InAA.

That looks like a Hawk. One can also see, what I think is the White Tigers emblem just behind the nose. So its definitely InAA.

Thats a Harrier trainer.

Thats a Harrier trainer.

?? The nose looks like a Hawk and the seat alignment is also similar to a Hawk.

This is a Harrier Trainer
DM-SC-82-07687.JPEG

This is a Hawk
IAFBaeHawk.jpg

I may be wrong. @sancho

@<u><a href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=37139" target="_blank">BlueDot_in_Space</a></u> as promised,

My latest vid:

@<u><a href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=34331" target="_blank">RoYaL~GuJJaR</a></u>

Good Work Mate! As-usual :tup:

-------------------------------

By the way, which missile is that which was fired at 1:40 - 1:52 and hit the flare ?

Zuwpp45.jpg

HMDS looks so cool!!!! :tup:

?? The nose looks like a Hawk and the seat alignment is also similar to a Hawk.

This is a Harrier Trainer

Its a harrier. Look at the air intakes. ALso notice the overall dimensions of the aircraft. Its almost similar to the single seat harriers.

Back
Top Bottom