LCA Mark II will immediately replace Mig-29 in IAF: Air Marshal

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
SOURCE: AARAV SHARMA/ FOR MY TAKE / IDRW.ORG

MiG29.jpg

Air Marshal Raghunath Nambiar in an article he wrote for ” SALUTE ” which is a Defence magazine covering Indian Armed forces, has said that ” LCA Mark II will replace the MiG 29 in the next ten years, the Jaguar in the next 15 years and the Mirage 2000 in the next 20 years. All combined, this adds up to a total of twelve squadrons.

Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal B.S.Dhanoa in recent media interviews did say that six squadrons (108) aircraft of LCA Mk-II has been planned in immediate future, Nambiar’s twelve squadrons remark might have included fighter aircraft procurement in the long term which might involve future variants of LCA Mk-II aircraft.

Mig-29, Jaguar and Mirage-2000 fleet of aircraft at present make up close to 11 Squadrons and it will be difficult to assume that all three aircraft will be replaced by LCA Mk-II only.

Nambiar also said that ” LCA Mk-II will be centered on two crucial points. First, it has to be cutting edge, to the tune of its best electronic warfare capability and best weapons. As far as performance goes, we have pegged the performance to the level of the Mirage 2000, which is an aircraft already 35 years in our inventory. We are therefore not aiming for the moon, but for space at best. Therefore, our requirements have already been crystallised, our designers are at it, and given the fact that we have pitched ourselves at a level at which they are capable of generating and making, we will have an aircraft which will be in time in the next ten years or so. It will be the Mark II and will be a different breed of aircraft — probably bigger, probably more powerful and definitely capable of lifting much more load. We are envisaging an aircraft that can lift at least 6.5 tons of weapon load as compared to the LCA and LCA I which lifts about 3.8 tons.”

He also hoped that in the next 15 years, Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) prototypes will be in the air by then and heading towards production .

MiG29.jpg

Air Marshal Raghunath Nambiar in an article he wrote for ” SALUTE ” which is a Defence magazine covering Indian Armed forces, has said that ” LCA Mark II will replace the MiG 29 in the next ten years, the Jaguar in the next 15 years and the Mirage 2000 in the next 20 years. All combined, this adds up to a total of twelve squadrons.

Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal B.S.Dhanoa in recent media interviews did say that six squadrons (108) aircraft of LCA Mk-II has been planned in immediate future, Nambiar’s twelve squadrons remark might have included fighter aircraft procurement in the long term which might involve future variants of LCA Mk-II aircraft.

Mig-29, Jaguar and Mirage-2000 fleet of aircraft at present make up close to 11 Squadrons and it will be difficult to assume that all three aircraft will be replaced by LCA Mk-II only.

Nambiar also said that ” LCA Mk-II will be centered on two crucial points. First, it has to be cutting edge, to the tune of its best electronic warfare capability and best weapons. As far as performance goes, we have pegged the performance to the level of the Mirage 2000, which is an aircraft already 35 years in our inventory. We are therefore not aiming for the moon, but for space at best. Therefore, our requirements have already been crystallised, our designers are at it, and given the fact that we have pitched ourselves at a level at which they are capable of generating and making, we will have an aircraft which will be in time in the next ten years or so. It will be the Mark II and will be a different breed of aircraft — probably bigger, probably more powerful and definitely capable of lifting much more load. We are envisaging an aircraft that can lift at least 6.5 tons of weapon load as compared to the LCA and LCA I which lifts about 3.8 tons.”

He also hoped that in the next 15 years, Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) prototypes will be in the air by then and heading towards production .

So basically he is saying that 216 Mk2s would be inducted in 35 years?

HAL needs to open 5 more production lines and seriously fast.

Lca mk2 will be world class,top class,best in class,,classy class.
Lets hope ada n hal complete it before 2050

Tiday visited idrw,d~f-~i,bhrtrkshk.
Its hillarious there :rofl:
It seems all dpsu employees n thr children plus dpsu bhakts r members thr n r living in another world :D
In d-f-i i saw @HariPrasad now i undrstand where he gets the ideas of lca tejas world class,best in class n stuff.
@sancho criticised lca n dpsu bhakts cant take it one bit,,,political threads r even more pathetic

Lca mk2 will be world class,top class,best in class,,classy class.
Lets hope ada n hal complete it before 2050

Tiday visited idrw,d~f-~i,bhrtrkshk.
Its hillarious there :rofl:
It seems all dpsu employees n thr children plus dpsu bhakts r members thr n r living in another world :D
In d-f-i i saw @HariPrasad now i undrstand where he gets the ideas of lca tejas world class,best in class n stuff.
@sancho criticised lca n dpsu bhakts cant take it one bit,,,political threads r even more pathetic

If IAF wants to order it, it testify what I say. You are entitled to your opinion bluff whatever you want. India air force won't touch any substandard plane.

MiG29.jpg

Good my childrens childrens will see brand new 4 gen fighter at the age of 6th or 7th gen fighter. Then can see at least three brand new types of fighter class.

So a light fighter whose current prototype faced unmatched development mismanagement and delays is expected to evolve into a version that will supplant a highly successful fighter with greater payload and maneuvering capacity along with being well loved by many of its pilots in the IAF?

So a light fighter whose current prototype faced unmatched development mismanagement and delays is expected to evolve into a version that will supplant a highly successful fighter with greater payload and maneuvering capacity along with being well loved by many of its pilots in the IAF?

Yep!

ITS CLEAR MASSAGE mig-29s are not going anywhere till 2040

It will have superior electronics and weapons than Mig-29 currently has. Plus the Migs / Jags / Mirages will not be upgraded beyond the current set of upgrades.

Since AMCA will take time, LCA can be used to develop avionics, weapons etc. which can be used in future aircrafts.

Back
Top Bottom