What's new

Launch of Pakistan Defence Party

Yes but It should be done asap

The sooner they realise that they should seize the moment, the better.

Otherwise it will be just another of the countless opportunities given to this nation by nature which went unnoticed.

IMO one needs to be wily and be prepared to lie under oath to succeed in politics. I have heard political leaders such as ZA Bhutto, Benazir Bhutto, Imran Khan, Nawaz Sharif etc. all telling blatant lies and spinning the truth on TV for political purposes. I also heard Zia ul Haq in an interview that in the interest of the country, on occasions you need to lie again & again.

I am for the meritocracy. My main weakness is that I find it hard to lie with a straight face; therefore I have not and will not join any political party. Even in UK, I vote Tory or Labour depending upon the manifesto at the time.

This is a scholarly column, we should let it remain so.

PDP wishes every Pakistani happy independence Day.

Iqbal ka kahwab
Jinnah ki tabeer

Hamari takmeel

PDP:

Jinnah's principles decoded:

Iman ittehad tanzeem.

Iman our battle against extremism
Ittehad unity as a nation facing ethnic parties.
Tanzeem getting rid of corruption and corrupt system of governance.

Jinnah once again proves himself god gifted genius.

He laid Foundation of a modern Empire in Pakistan.

This is totally unrelated to DG ISPR's press conference today.

Lol

PDP:

Jinnah's principles decoded:

Iman ittehad tanzeem.

Iman our battle against extremism
Ittehad unity as a nation facing ethnic parties.
Tanzeem getting rid of corruption and corrupt system of governance.

Jinnah once again proves himself god gifted genius.

He laid Foundation of a modern Empire in Pakistan.

In Jinnah's Pakistan, Religion will be a personal matter and not the business of the State

In Jinnah's Pakistan, Ahmedis will be Muslims.

In Jinnah's Pakistan, We can have a Hindu as our law minister, or A Christian as the Commander in Chief of our Army

Are you sure you want Jinnah's Pakistan ? Be careful what you wish for

In Jinnah's Pakistan, Religion will be a personal matter and not the business of the State

In Jinnah's Pakistan, We can have a Hindu as our law minister, or A Christian as the Commander in Chief of our Army

That would be Abul Kalam Azads India not Jinnah's Pakistan.

This is an age old illogical debate which should really be put to rest.

Jinnah envisioned a Pakistan where Muslims will democratically decide how they would like to be governed.

A secular Jinnah would never vouch for Two Nation Theory.

I would make an excellent candidate and they know it :P

Ankles

No fassadis allowed.

That would be Abul Kalam Azads India not Jinnah's Pakistan.

This is an age old illogical debate which should really be put to rest.

Jinnah envisioned a Pakistan where Muslims will democratically decide how they would like to be governed.

A secular Jinnah would never vouch for Two Nation Theory.

“Ahmadis are Muslims, If They Say They are Muslims and No One, Not Even the Sovereign Legislature, has the Right to Say Otherwise." - Muhammad Ali Jinnah, 05 May 1944.

"I have been asked a disturbing question, as to who among the Muslims can be a member of the Muslim Conference. It has been asked with particular reference to the Qadianis. My reply is that, as far as the constitution of the All-India Muslim League is concerned, it stipulates that any Muslim, without distinction of creed or sect, can become a member, provided he accepts the views, policy and programme of the Muslim League, signs the form of membership and pays the subscription. I appeal to the Muslims of Jammu and Kashmir not to raise sectarian questions, but instead to unite on one platform under one banner. In this lies the welfare of the Muslims. In this way, not only can Muslims make political and social progress effectively, but so can other communities, and so also can the state of Kashmir as a whole. What right have I to declare a person non-Muslim, when he claims to be a Muslim’" - Muhammad Ali Jinnah, 23rd May, 1944, Srinagar

Tahrik Huriyyat Kashmir (History of Independence Movements in Kashmir), volume 2, 1936 - 1945, page 291)

====

Jinnah appointed Jogendra Nath Mandal (a Hindu) as the first Law Minister of Pakistan. The first two commanders in chief of Pakistan Army (i.e. Frank Messervy and Douglas Gracey) were also Non Muslims.

====

“You are free, you are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or any other place of worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or cast or creed — that has nothing to do with the business of the State ... Now I think we should keep that in front of us as our ideal and you will find that in course of time Hindus would cease to be Hindus and Muslims would cease to be Muslims, not in the religious sense, because that is the personal faith of each individual, but in the political sense as citizens of the State” - Muhammad Ali Jinnah. 11 August, 1947, while addressing the first Constituent Assembly of Pakistan

--------

Again

Back
Top Bottom