What's new

Latest FMBT Concept

is there any official report of Arjun outperforming T 90 except media report cum PR Exercise by DRDO bureaucrats ?

In that case, every successful missile test was claimed by DRDO but there were hardly any official reports from the IA/MoD or GoI.

it will be outdated for sure if DRDO takes its usual 25 years time period to develop FMBT
I am not being pro-DRDO here and I hate the fact that most of our PSU's are filled with a bunch of lazy unproductive morons due to reservations and corruption.

But, DRDO did have their share of successes and all I vouch for is the armed forces should induct indigenous weapons systems in large scale by partnering with private Indian defense firms for rapid development and production

In that case, every successful missile test was claimed by DRDO but there were hardly any official reports from the IA/MoD or GoI.

I am not being pro-DRDO here and I hate the fact that most of our PSU's are filled with a bunch of lazy unproductive morons due to reservations and corruption.

But, DRDO did have their share of successes and all I vouch for is the armed forces should induct indigenous weapons systems in large scale by partnering with private Indian defense firms for rapid development and production
let issue a RFQ for New Tank among indian pvt companies with the spec IA want . I m damn sure they will do it better and cheaper than DRDO.

let issue a RFQ for New Tank among indian pvt companies with the spec IA want . I m damn sure they will do it better and cheaper than DRDO.

Like they did with the FICV prototypes, right??Get the fuckk outta here and don't forget to take your bs with you, you fucking moron!!

As of now, no private Indian defense company has the experience to develop something as complex as an MBT and take it to production all by themselves.

The best option IMO is some relatively experienced player like Tata should partner with DRDO with equal authority to both sides and MoD should allocate enough funds to expedite the process without any bureaucracy or red tape. Eventually, entire production phase should be handed over to the private player.

I don't think India is not capable of designing an Unmanned Turret.
Doesn't count. It depends on what the project is. There are 2 lines for MBT construction in India. T-90 which was originally the T-72 line. And the Arjun, which was setup thanks to American collaboration and contracts. The Arjun line is significantly different from the T-90 line is advancements and technology a lot of which is foreign. The FMBT would be further evolution of the T-90 if its designed for a similar weight category as the Arjun is a heavier build. If so India doesn't need to design much as collaborate with Russia, which knows the T-90 to design incremental changes to the production. It could also borrow much technology from the Arjun. I'd bet so far evening in the planning stages, Russia was involved. They've tested the T-90/72 and have rearmed upto the armata. From the Arjuns technology tree they would borrow the hydro pneumatic suspension and the armor for T-90 and Arjun is of the same raw provider. Even the gun could be new or old. My guess is 120 mm smooth bore. But this will depend on MoD's vision and cost/risk analysis.
So therefore, while India is capable of designing a unmanned super turret it does not need to necessarily waste the resources. It will depend on the caliber of the main gun. If they go with 125 mm, russia would be the best bet, however if the go with larger pieces of ammo, the Israeli and French and possible German help could be contracted.

As of now, no private Indian defense company has the experience to develop something as complex as an MBT and take it to production all by themselves.

The best option IMO is some relatively experienced player like Tata should partner with DRDO with equal authority to both sides and MoD should allocate enough funds to expedite the process without any bureaucracy or red tape. Eventually, entire production phase should be handed over to the private player.
they dont have expertise because there was no opportunities ! But i m damn sure if govt give them opportunities they will do it in less time than DRDO.

they dont have expertise because there was no opportunities ! But i m damn sure if govt give them opportunities they will do it in less time than DRDO.
Very good example is 155mm/52 cal ATAGS.

Of course they didn't have the opportunities and that's the reason they should work with DRDO to pick up pace to eventually become capable enough to self-sustain these development and production projects and should also pressurize GoI to privatize those PSUs

And your point being??All the R&D work was done by ARDE, so again, what's your point??
You see the production quality,it definitely on par with international standard I guess. Look at HAL,all the R&D on Tejas was done by ada and HAL screwed its production.

Back
Top Bottom