What's new

Latest Casuality of Lahore 3/3, The IPL

and the blame game never stops...the fact of the matter is that unless anything can be proved...it was entirely pakistan's fault that such an incident took place on it's soil...and that we'd have to spend more to go and see IPL in south-africa...is so frustrating!
We were in part responsible, since security was our job, but it was the fault of the terrorists...

Some real jackass opinions going around here.

Lahore incident or not, GOI wouldn't be able to spare police forces for IPL. Lahore incident only added to apprehensions in outside media and few boards and players about security in subcontinent.

IPL cannot survive without Indian public involvement. There is so much passion about cricket especially 20-20.

We were in part responsible, since security was our job, but it was the fault of the terrorists...

Some real jackass opinions going around here.

yeah i was talking about the security only...the terrorists dont work for any flag....atleast that is what you and i would like to believe...but cricket which was the best CBM in the sub-continent has suffered for the first time in 60 years...and the day of the lahore attack was the saddest day in the history of the sub-continent since the nuke test by india and pak...

Lahore incident or not, GOI wouldn't be able to spare police forces for IPL. Lahore incident only added to apprehensions in outside media and few boards and players about security in subcontinent.

IPL cannot survive without Indian public involvement. There is so much passion about cricket especially 20-20.

I agree but only to an extent. Change in IPL venue has nothing to do with Lahore attack. Why? Because we dont see ourselves in the same light as Pakistan. Though Lahore raised apprehensions, but not just for India. Ripples were felt as far as New Zealand, where security was ramped immensely. However no cricketer sighted security concern over IPL in India.

Had the elections not been there we would have staged it no doubt. Or even if elections took place in some states, IPL would have happened. But this is different. 800 million voters will take part in the elections, at about 40000 polling booths across India.. Sheer numbers are staggering for any country, highest for any country in the world. Nearly 7 lac paramilitary personalle will be deployed and another 1 lac kept on stand by.

Now juggling IPL with GE is not a wise move at all. I hold Modi responsible, for "intentionally" ignoring the fact that GE would happen around the same time as the IPL. And now he complains. Despite all this, GOI had assured security if IPL could shift a few days here an there, but no he wouldnt compromise. And here we are.

But I'm rather optimistic, we will keep the spirit of "cricket" alive in the subcontinent. We cannot let cricket become "white man's game" once again. And we also have the Commonwealth Games next year, and opefully 2011 World Cup . So all is not lost.

This is very stupid. Who will come to watch the INDIAN premiere league outside of India.

They can easily postpone it after the elections, by then the security concerns would have been allayed.

Hmm...

Let's see.

I see what are you trying to do here.By your analogy RAW planned Mumbai attacks to Isolate Pakistan (Which it failed to do) So are you trying to say Pakistan attacked Sri Lankan players so that IPL is canceled from India?Your theory is hilarious at best.

How you manage to reach to wrong conclusion every time?? :crazy:

:rofl::rofl:

Oh c'mon, don't tell me you're going to come up with a theory that Pakistan orchestrated the attack on SL players just to get IPL canceled?

What about the loss of Pakistani cricket? You have just lost IPL, we've lost EVERYTHING. So who orchestrated it, you tell me!

My Grr @ cheeky fellows, scoring a victory out of everything!

Oh come on... :hitwall:

he just wants to say "India is not behind 3/3".

A very bad impression by UPA government. They just lost a nig chunk of vote. iTS NOT ABOUT IPL, its about safety of a country, just because of election everything else cant stop!
They just gave a big hand to BJP ,NDA now. I seriously felt let down by such outcome.

India lost the IPL because of the Mumbai incident, not the Lahore Incident.

Spot on asim, MAy be time to stop - putting the blame on others. We lost the ipl may be not because of Mumbai attack , but because our government feel incapable of protecting a few players.
Its a shameful scenario i don't know, why these government think its a small issue. its not about election or cricket.

bombay or lahore, what difference.
all of SAARC is suffering. when we stop working against each other? when we start thinking as a region. our interest, our past, present and more importantly future is linked/intervoven.
pray all for all of us

I would have to disagree with you in that partially, the bombings and attack in lahore and marriots are those actions which targeted common people, but there was still a widespread belief that sports wont be targeted, but after lahore the importance of security for the sports events have been highlighted, and hence our govt and IPL was focusing more on security, which our government was unable to provide for which indeed is very shameful.., while bombings over the sub-continent had raised concern earlier, but the concerns turned to reality after Lahore attack..!!

Then they would have lost it after the mumbai attacks, but we actually had test matches in india with England right after the attack.

The lahore attack targetted cricket players, something never done before. it was the last straw.

Firstly I can say you dont know fully understand what IPL is. IPL is an Indian domestic tournament, created and promoted by Indians. So there is no question of losing the IPL.

Neither Mumbai nor Lahore caused the IPL to be shifted. All international players agreed to play in India,and not even a single player raised security concern.

IPL was shifted becuase it was clashing with elections. 800 million people will vote in April-May, and it requires 21 lakh strong Central Paramilitary Forces to secure 400,000 polling booths in India. It is the highest for any country in the world. Nation will already be on high alert, borders will be sealed. So providing security will not be easy.

I must also mention that IPL has finally landed in South Africa, after England itself allayed fear over security because of the Rugby World Cup going on UK.
That doesnt mean England lost the IPL due to 7/11.

Back
Top Bottom