What's new

Latest Brahmos Test, 29th July 2012 - Was a Failure !

raazh

Reaction score
Latest Brahmos Test, 29th July 2012 - Was a Failure!

Preparations on for Agni-II launch tomorrow
CHENNAI, August 8, 2012 - T. S. Subramanian

BrahMos, India’s supersonic cruise missile, failed in its flight on July 29, 2012. Informed sources said BrahMos developed “some problems” during its flight and “it deviated from its path.” It could not travel its full range of 290 km and fell into the Bay of Bengal. A committee has been set up to analyse the telemetry. “It is not a serious problem in the system. The failure perhaps had something to do with production, with the indigenisation process,” the sources said.

A press release on that day, however, did not mention that BrahMos had failed in its flight. It merely said the 32 flight test of BrahMos took place at 10.30 a.m. from a test range at Chandipur, off the Odisha coast, as part of the development trials. The objective of the mission was to evaluate some of the newer sub-systems which were produced by the Indian industry as part of the product stabilisation, it said. More than 25 such systems were incorporated in the missile.

FUll Article
The Hindu : News / National : Preparations on for Agni-II launch tomorrow

^^ Now I am 100% sure that our missiles are genuine against what some members claim..

^^ Now I am 100% sure that our missiles are genuine as claimed by some members..

The BrahMos allows us to build indigenous equivalents of the critical Russian stuff (including the
RAMJET engine) sooner or later. By 2015-2016, you can be sure BrahMos would become 100%
indigenous, a possible range increase would occur then.

The BrahMos allows us to build indigenous equivalents of the critical Russian stuff (including the
RAMJET engine) sooner or later. By 2015-2016, you can be sure BrahMos would become 100%

I know, I was merely point out so that some members can question a 100% success rate always..

Every indigenous development in India is a failure..Indians should keep on importing defence stuff from outside..Really they are a flop at developing defence stuff.:D:whistle:

IF one has never made mistakes one has never truly learnt anything.

It merely said the 32 flight test of BrahMos took place at 10.30 a.m. from a test range at Chandipur, off the Odisha coast, as part of the development trials. The objective of the mission was to evaluate some of the newer sub-systems which were produced by the Indian industry as part of the product stabilisation,

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...est-29th-july-2012-failure.html#ixzz232eR9dUX

the important point.

in 2017 Brahmos II is coming with mach 7 speed and according to Sir Oscar,it wont have 300 KM range limit :toast_sign:

ON TOPIC> according to OP, the tested Brahmos had several new sub systems

probably these new sub systems didn't perform perfectly

The objective of the mission was to evaluate some of the newer sub-systems which were produced by the Indian industry as part of the product stabilization, it said. More than 25 such systems were incorporated in the missile.

destination of indian missile has always been bay of bengal.

^^ Now I am 100% sure that our missiles are genuine against what some members claim..

so failure means genuine while working missiles are copied, this is one pathetic excuse for failure,

brahmos failed, russians failed

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom