What's new

Largest Urdu Newspaper in North America calls for celebration of Qadri in Maryland mosque

Cherokee

Reaction score
Country
India
Urgent Call To Action: It is very disturbing that the largest Urdu newspaper in North America UrduTimes News is providing platform for the celebration of Governor Salman Taseer's assassin. In an ad published on page 4 in their February 9, 2017 edition of the Times Mag, Washington, they put up an ad by a local Maryland Mosque hosting an event in honor of Mumtaz Qadri, the murderer who is considered a "hero of Islam" by Sunnis who believe blasphemers should be killed.

I spoke just now with the editor of the Times Mag, Washington magazine, Mr. Shakeel Ahmad who stood by their decision to run the ad. He basically said he had nothing to do with the Mosque, he got a good rate for the ad and so he ran it. I asked if he would run an ad praising Hitler? He shockingly said, "give me the money and I will run it."

I also spoke with Urdu Times headquarters in New York and am awaiting a call back from the chief editor and manager, Mr. Khalilul Rehman. (Contact of Urdu Times, NY is 7182978700). I ask that you also call and ask them about their decision to promote extremism and risk radicalization of Muslim youth in the United States.

And why is a Mosque in America celebrating the killing of blasphemers and honoring such killers as heroes? This Mosque located at 3900 Millford Mill Rd, Windsor Mill MD 21244 is the Masjid Gulzar-e-Madinah, apparently run by Sunnis of Pakistani background, most likely Barelvis. The email contact listed on their website is contact@gulzaremadinamd.org. Phone numbers are 410-382-9998 & 410-807-8000. You could call them too. I did not call yet.

Question them on their promotion of extremism and celebration of the killing of "blasphemers." Such extremist Sunnis do not represent all American Muslims. They do not even represent the Sunni Muslims. So I urge my fellow Sunni activists to take the lead in calling them out. As part of this same civic duty, also report them to law enforcement promptly before they radicalize other Muslim youth.

I will write an article on this issue. I urge other media peeps to do the same. If you decide to call, share your communication in the comments section.

I hope Urdu Times and the Mosque apologize promptly, because if not, I fear I will fiercely call for closing both. We Muslims will NOT let a few bad fish muddy us all. No thanks! Share this widely!

16722680_10211919801700247_8356094326491280805_o.jpg

16729450_10211919801660246_2252760308909888747_n.jpg

These fuckers deserve trump .

A U.S. Mosque on Sunday celebrated the death anniversary of a Pakistani man who shot and killed a sitting Governor for criticizing the country’s Blasphemy Laws.

Mumtaz Qadri, who was the Governor’s bodyguard, assassinated liberal Pakistani politician and Governor of Punjab province Salman Taseer in 2011 for speaking out against Pakistan’s controversial Blasphemy laws and expressing solidarity with a Christian woman who had been accused of blasphemy. After Qadri was charged with murder by an anti-terrorism court and hanged in 2016, more than 100,000 people came out to attend his funeral.

16722680_10211919801700247_8356094326491280805_o-225x300.jpg
The Gulzar E Madina Mosque in Pikesville, Maryland hosted an “Urs” in honor of the infamous killer on February 12th. Urs is a traditional commemoration usually given to Saints and Holy personages. The Mosque also advertised the event in the February 9th edition of Urdu Times, America’s most widely distributed Urdu language newspaper.

screen-shot-2017-02-14-at-4.57.08-pm-209x300.png

Muhammad Ali Soharwardi
The Urs or commemoration was attended by dozens of people including young children and teenagers. Event speakers included Pakistan-based Islamic singer Muhammad Ali Soharwardi, NewJersey-based Islamic scholar Syed Saad Ali and Baltimore-based Islamic cleric Ijaz Hussain among others.

Pakistan-based Ali Soharwardi has been on a U.S tour for the past few weeks and performed at several events in New York and New Jersey before making his way to Maryland.

screen-shot-2017-02-14-at-4.57.35-pm-288x300.png

Unidentified Speaker
Speaking at the event, an unidentified speaker said:

“Whoever disrespects the Holy Prophet Muhammad is worthy of death, and even if disrespects indirectly he is still worthy of death. Even if someone asks for forgiveness it is not acceptable”

screen-shot-2017-02-14-at-4.55.27-pm-300x277.png

Syed Saad Ali
Speaking at the event New Jersey-based Islamic scholar Syed Saad Ali asked the attendees why they did not take any action after the arrest of Qadri, Ali said:

“Warrior Mumtaz Qadri kissed the noose in love for Prophet Muhammad When Qadri was in jail for 5 years what did we do? what effort did we make (for his release), Why did we not go where he was being held? Qadri did everything for us, and for the love of Islam and we could not even stand by himPeople say Islam teaches peace…..I say Islam teaches us Ghairat (Honor) Who will now stand up?

Referring to another Blasphemy Killer, Tanveer Ahmad, Ali said:

“Our warrior Tanveer who is sitting in a jail in Scotland, I don’t know if someone knows or not, when that Mirzai (Ahmadi) spoke his “sacrilegious rubbish” he went there and stabbed him 27 times and the police arrested him and right now he is in a jail in Scotland. So if we just take a step forward, angels will automatically come for our help. But what Mumtaz Qadri has done is something amazing, he has surpassed all these warriors”

In march 2016, British-Pakistani man Tanveer Ahmad killed fellow British-Pakistani Asad Shah in Scotland for “disrespecting Islam”. Shah was a member of the minority Ahmadiyya Islamic sect, the Ahmadis are considered heretics by mainstream Muslims.

ijaz_hussain_baltimore-295x300.jpg

Ijaz Hussain
Baltimore-based Islamic cleric Ijaz Hussain praised the religious freedom in the U.S. and said:

“We have some freedoms here (in the U.S.) which we do not even have in other Muslim countries, this is the beauty of this country. There are some countries where we can’t even praise the prophet, we can’t celebrate the Day of Imam Hussain, this country has freedom of religion and this is the beauty of this country.”

Hussain further said:

” Mumtaz Qadri was not a terrorist and whoever says “We are with you O Prophet” cannot be a terrorist.”

He went on to condemn American Muslim organizations for not taking action against Blasphemers, Hussain said

“When the blasphemous film was released in the U.S, everyone was sleeping including CAIR, ISNA, ICNA and others, and now when the ban has come into effect, they all have risen up, because they are not letting Muslims come into this (so called) heaven”

The speakers also collected donations which they claimed would be used to help Syrian refugees get to the U.S.

Mullah Americano :D @Hell hound @The Sandman @Moonlight @The Eagle they are encouraging terrorism
as i said before mullahs living the west are more vocal supporter terror jihad because of two reason
1 freedom of speech in their host country
2 living away from the real heat of the battle.
they glorify the bloody conflict just like present day neo nazis because they haven't been affected by it yet.

Last edited:
as i said before mullahs living the west are more vocal supporter terror jihad because of two reason
1 freedom of speech in their host country
2 living away from the real heat of the battle.
they glorify the bloody conflict just like present day neo nazis because they haven't been effected by it yet.
Plus in their stupud minds the secular system that allows them to live freely is evil they want everything their way they are such hyporcites they cry freedom of speech,freedom of expression in west but are fiercly opposed to same in their native countries Mullah Muricanos are beyond repair

Plus in their stupud minds the secular system that allows them to live freely is evil they want everything their way they are such hyporcites they cry freedom of speech,freedom of expression in west but are fiercly opposed to same in their native countries Mullah Muricanos are beyond repair
lets hope trump don't boot them back to Pakistan.

The only wrong Urdu times has done is to publish that ad.
Actually, it was good, because now their names are out in open. Better hope the law gets to them first, because I don't feel sorry for people who praise an anarchist murderer and promote civil unrest.
lets hope trump don't boot them back to Pakistan.
I agree, send them to Moonshine Mountains, the White Demons are hungry. :lol:

Actually, it was good, because now their names are out in open. Better hope the law gets to them first, because I don't feel sorry for people who praise an anarchist murderer and promote civil unrest.

I agree, send them to Moonshine Mountains, the White Demons are hungry. :lol:

Hope they will be send to hell instead of deportation because deporting will just help them create unrest in Pakistan which is struggling to defeat their kinds.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom