What's new

Largest Emerging Economies, E7+Pakistan, growth prospects and challenges

the have some coal which is not proven to to be economically viable.
textiles well yeah, they have some industry.

but anything else nah

Pakistan is a country in state of war....

Even than we have great potential of exporting cotton, Textile, Cement, Footballs and other sport stuff, Masajat (chilli powder etc ),

There is still potencial for much more...... Tourism industry have lots to offer if used/advertised correctly.... These are just a start by layman.... Rest experts will post.....

Bye.

So terrorism is the only hurdle they have to cross in order to grow ?? Or there is lack of some other resources ?

practically there is lack of everything. pakistan built a massive engine workshop, but the result is 0 inside. they couldnt even fix the bad engines. pakistan is facing a lack of human resources as well as a lack of other natural resources.

maybe but since there is not much cons activity there, its not gonaa be a huge industry.

Pk cement is at par in quality and is being exported to India quite a lot, The problem is the Indian cement lobby is quite powerful and cannot match Pk cement prices, so what generally Pk cement companies do is do high sea trading for their cement i.e. they ship without getting orders and some Indian trader buys the shipload mid sea and this cement is stored in major ports, Mumbai port always has about 4-5 lac tons of Pk cement any given time. This cement is then sold in the local market. The markings, labelings are made to the buyers liking - Lot of Indian sounding words are used. The custom duty is paid by the Indian trader - This type of trading is not illegal, Also all Pk cement qualities are pre tested and certified by Indian testing agencies. Don't ask me for a source, cos there wouldn't be any - I know this cos I have seen this myself.

Pakistan is a country in state of war....

Even than we have great potential of exporting cotton, Textile, Cement, Footballs and other sport stuff, Masajat (chilli powder etc ),

There is still potencial for much more...... Tourism industry have lots to offer if used/advertised correctly.... These are just a start by layman.... Rest experts will post.....

Bye.

the industries u listed dont help in economic growth in real way. u have to have industry like automobiles, cement, and manufacturing.

Well Pakistan has potential...............but they won't develop until and unless they make peace with India!.....the same is not true for India ofcourse!

loll reasons are simple but u need to realize them.
ur country is no gold mine. indonesia and bangladesh are way better investing points. ur literacy rate is 43%, its not enough to promote growth right now.

but i would say, if taken care properly pak can become a developed country in 30 yrs much before india which i think would take 40-60 yrs still.

Er, I was not trying to score points. Pakistan is, by most leading indicators of economic growth very well placed for an economic boom over the last 50 years. As I said, it has not happened, I was just presenting some reasons why that is the case and I wonder myself why we have continuously failed. Bangladesh and Indonesia are indeed doing very well...there growth is a recent phenomena and my point was exactly that we have been positioned for economic prosperity for decades and have failed, where these other nations have grabbed the fleeting opportunity by the horns and gone onto to greater things. And 43% literacy rate in a nation of 170 million is a massive base. A corporation looking for a place to move its operations will not care if the literacy rate is 10% or 100%, as long as the requisite number of people to begin and sustain an operation over the long term are there.

I would like to start a thread to discuss the largest emerging economies, E7+Pakistan, the challenges they are facing right now and recommendations for them to achieve faster growth in future.

Ranking by overall health of economies: (my personal ranking)

1. China
2. Russia
3. India
4. Brazil
5. Turkey
6. Indonesia
7. South Africa
8. Pakistan

Considering overall health, i'd rate Brazil above India. Mainly because of political stability and somewhat safe from policy paralysis which India facing right now.

the industries u listed dont help in economic growth in real way. u have to have industry like automobiles, cement, and manufacturing.

Do you know that for a very long time Japan used to import Matches from Pakistan (Khyber Match).... What does that mean they are not developed.... Buddy every country have different potential and environment.... Pakistan have not that much in auto mobile right now because we need these industries to grow first to help the economy....But that doesn't mean these industries can't help Pakistan's economy.

BTW incase you are wondering why Japan would import from Pakistan and matches.... Well they had a law of not cutting down trees so making matches in home was not as cheap as buying it.

Do you know that for a very long time Japan used to import Matches from Pakistan (Khyber Match).... What does that mean they are not developed.... Buddy every country have different potential and environment.... Pakistan have not that much in auto mobile right now because we need these industries to grow first to help the economy....But that doesn't mean these industries can't help Pakistan's economy.

BTW incase you are wondering why Japan would import from Pakistan and matches.... Well they had a law of not cutting down trees so making matches in home was not as cheap as buying it.

kk if u think that by setting matches u can be a big economy then best of luck :tup:

lol.................they are not in good shape even in the cement industry.....the pride of pakistan is damp :lol:

*facepalm.....

793 Posts seriously???

kk if u think that by setting matches u can be a big economy then best of luck :tup:

I dont know if you didn't get the point or dont want to get teh point....... But you did what you all do..... Now go sleep.

lol.................they are not in good shape even in the cement industry.....the pride of pakistan is damp :lol:

these figures are old india produced around 320 mill tonees of steel last year, this year it is expected to be close to 400 mill tonnes.
India cement production to touch 320 mn tonnes this year

I dont know if you didn't get the point or dont want to get teh point....... But you did what you all do..... Now go sleep.

dude u need as huge base of human resources. until ur literacy reaches 70% ur boom will not start. juet get it into ur head.

Back
Top Bottom