What's new

Laos Says China to Finance $7 billion Rail Link

What would be the estimated project cost for this railway line, feasibility and economic benefits for China. It will be passing through occupied Kashmir so India will surely protest such project.

for the time being, the whole project is only seen on discussion, however, the detailed progress is that Chian has exported more than 175 locomobile and passenger train, built a train manufacture in Pakistan (done), and China is helping Pakistan "imporve" her existing railway system(doing), and China is making a good preparation for this line in Chinese side(doing).

this China-Pakistan railway is not a single railway, it is a huge systematical engineering. in the design, there is a "imporved" mult-purpose road accompanying the railway, which is very famous already-existing road connecting Pakistan with China, you know.

as you pointed out here, there are some political hinders, the project is or will be under its way in an undertone.

by the way, China has the similar project to link India by railway and has already began Chinese side building; or i can say when China designs a railway near border, the railway system in closedoor neighbour is taken into consideration too.

for the time being, the whole project is only seen on discussion, however, the detailed progress is that Chian has exported more than 175 locomobile and passenger train, built a train manufacture in Pakistan (done), and China is helping Pakistan "imporve" her existing railway system(doing), and China is making a good preparation for this line in Chinese side(doing).

this China-Pakistan railway is not a single railway, it is a huge systematical engineering. in the design, there is a "imporved" mult-purpose road accompanying the railway, which is very famous already-existing road connecting Pakistan with China, you know.

as you pointed out here, there are some political hinders, the project is or will be under its way in an undertone.

Yes, most of those engines Pakistan bought from China got out of services because of mismanagement in Pakistan Railways and now they are trying to buy or lease new or used engines from India or South Korea.

Himalayas are young mountains, so it has very extreme terrains for which you need to dig lots of tunnels of fragile topology, so project gonna be so expensive and cost billions of dollars. That's why I wanted to know the project cost and what would be the economic benefits for China on investing on such an expensive projects. Few months ago, I found this article.

Still a Pipedream: A Pakistan-to-China rail corridor is not a substitute for maritime transport | China SignPost

by the way, China has the similar project to link India by railway and has already began Chinese side building; or i can say when China designs a railway near border, the railway system in closedoor neighbour is taken into consideration too.

Yes, it would be good for China-India railway link through Myanmar.

Yes, most of those engines Pakistan bought from China got out of services because of mismanagement in Pakistan Railways and now they are trying to buy or lease new or used engines from India or South Korea.

Himalayas are young mountains, so it has very extreme terrains for which you need to dig lots of tunnels of fragile topology, so project gonna be so expensive and cost billions of dollars. That's why I wanted to know the project cost and what would be the economic benefits for China on investing on such an expensive projects. Few months ago, I found this article.

Still a Pipedream: A Pakistan-to-China rail corridor is not a substitute for maritime transport | China SignPost

Yes, it would be good for China-India railway link through Myanmar.

Yes, it is very expensive to build such line across the Himalayas, but it is strategic plan to connect with west Asia like the Silk Route to European. and it is also a engine to develop northwest China.

China has built a railway connecting centre China cities to Tibet, and as plan it will extent to Nepal, the second railway is planed and began to construct to Tibet in another direction. as you know the Qinghai-Tibet plateau are very tough too.

Qinghai-Tibet railway

There is also a suggestion that to extend the Qinghai-Tibet railway to India ,Kolkata through Himalayas. i hope that can come true someday.

i can not agree that it is all for oil transportation as the articl analysed. in fact, one of the mission for recently PLAN development is to pretect oil line on the ocean.

The westerns may not fully understand the Chinese strategic plan, or they are afraid that China may have other alternatives to get oil and gas; compared with the other gigantic projects carried out now in China, the project of China-Pakistan railway cost not so much. One evidence is China buying Gwadar Harbor, Chinese strategic view extends long, usually 50,100 years. then such plan will not be abandoned at least i believe personally.

Just a joke, if "2012" truely come, the railway climbing to high plateau would be real Ark.

Back
Top Bottom