Part 13
[youtube]

Part 14
[youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Part 15
[youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Bandiya (poetry by Baba Bullay Shah) and Tiluk Kamud (Poetry by Amir Khusro) are two excellent songs in this movie. A great movie! :tup:

Source: By Zubair Ahmed
BBC News, Mumbai.
Source Link: BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan film makes India record

A Pakistani film, based on a real-life story, is being released simultaneously in India for the first time.

The film tells the story of a boy who strays into the Indian side of the border by mistake. It will be released in both countries on 1 August.

Called Ramchand Pakistani, the film has been praised by the critics.

Political rivalry and three wars have limited people-to-people exchanges between the two countries, which in many respects enjoy similar cultures.

Last year another Pakistani film, In the Name of God, was released to critical acclaim in India, but not at the same time as it was in Pakistan.

That is what make the dual release of Ramchand Pakistani such a significant event.

The Indian actor Nadita Das, who has worked in many regional films and has a big part in this one, told the BBC it was fantastic to work in Pakistan. She said the film would help Indians know more about Pakistan.

"They know a lot about us through Bollywood but we don't know them enough," she said.

The film deals with the parents of an eight-year-old boy who inadvertently strays onto the Indian side of the border and is put behind bars.

The producer Javed Jabbar is a former cabinet minister in Pakistan.

He said it was not a political film but a work which focused on the plight of the child and his parents.

There have been limited cultural interactions between the two countries over the last few years. They have fought three wars since independence in 1947 and are now nuclear powers.

very good film
clears up alot of misunderstanding that most pakistanis and the world has of islam
pakistan should come out with more films like that
i highly recommend it to everybody! :tup:

Yeah, I liked it also, very good movie. Normally I am used to Lollywood films which are worse than Tamil films :rolleyes:

Brilliant movie

There were two very touching scenes - one when the protagonist writes a letter to his wife saying something like -pl dont hate all muslims like the way I dont hate all americans for what a few americans did to me

and another one from Naseruddin Shah near the end -din mein dhadi basti hein, dhadi mein din nahi basta

Last edited:
Brilliant movie

There were two very touching scenes - one when the protagonist writes a letter to his wife saying something like -pl dont hate all muslims like the way I dont hate all americans for what a few americans did to me

and another one from Naseruddin Shah near the end -din mein dhadi basti hein, dhadi mein din nahi basta

This so-called Pakistani movie has Nasiruddin Shah in it just like Khamosh Paani had Kirron Kher and Ramchand Pakistani had Nandita Das.

how do ya know about tamil films ;)
i guess i know some of the films which u might have seen :D

Japs are crazy for Rajni. Tamil films do big business in Malaya and Singapura too.

Besides the budget for a normal Rajni movie is 10 times higher than any lollywood movie ever produced.

No comparison at all.

So-called?

I take my words back if it has hurted anyone. It came out of anger against the remarks on Tamil movies.

However the movie had an Indian actor and the worldwide media and distribution rights were with an Indian Company. The song bulleya was also remixed by DJ Suketu.

peace.

This so-called Pakistani movie has Nasiruddin Shah in it just like Khamosh Paani had Kirron Kher and Ramchand Pakistani had Nandita Das.

what do u mean so called?
usually entertainment arists consider their work universal
and just because some indian artists were used that doesnt mean anything
in that case than no bollywood film is an indian film because they steal pakistani songs, use pakistani singers and artisits, and steal other countries' scripts etc
its all where the film was produced and made at
as well as the industry it released from

Back
Top Bottom