What's new

Lahore’s culture getting extinct in India

Hey the song is nice. The beats are really good!! I guess have heard this song earlier in Coke Studio. Bdw is this song in Arabic ?

I think this song is in dari, its a dialect of Persian, mostly spoken in Afghanistan.

The song is too good!! Have already listened 2-3 times by now.

Im glad you liked it. There are more songs from Cokestudio too.

This one is an Urdu poetry by Faiz Ahmad Faiz, sung by Meesha Shafi.

Also a punjabi song by Arif and Meesha Shafi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im glad you liked it. There are more songs from Cokestudio too.

This one is an Urdu poetry by Faiz Ahmad Faiz, sung by Meesha Shafi.

Also a punjabi song by Arif and Meesha Shafi.

Thanks for the pointers!! I am already listening to the Coke studio songs. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a pity that we've to talk about cultural changes and extinction of certain traits to culture. We all need to accept the fact that nothing is permanent and bound to change with passage of time. So Lahore aka Punjabi culture is also not an exception.

As far as I know the Punjabi culture is still-alive and flourishing in India. If you can spare some time pls visit country side an you'll be overwhelmed by the richness of local culture which is not distinctly Lahori but their own.

On side note, Pakistan want India to be an extinct state so why do we care something they thinks is their copy right..:devil:

It's a pity that we've to talk about cultural changes and extinction of certain traits to culture. We all need to accept the fact that nothing is permanent and bound to change with passage of time. So Lahore aka Punjabi culture is also not an exception.

As far as I know the Punjabi culture is still-alive and flourishing in India. If you can spare some time pls visit country side an you'll be overwhelmed by the richness of local culture which is not distinctly Lahori but their own.

On side note, Pakistan want India to be an extinct state so why do we care something they thinks is their copy right..:devil:

Yes, as I said, different cultures in Lahore mix together, people from all over Pakistan come to live in it and they get assimilated into the culture of Lahore, an example would be Imran Khan, he lives in Lahore, was raised in lahore. Imran Khan is a Lahori. Lahore is for all the Pakistanis, regardless of their ethnicity, it is for us to enjoy.

Yes, as I said, different cultures in Lahore mix together, people from all over Pakistan come to live in it and they get assimilated into the culture of Lahore, an example would be Imran Khan, he lives in Lahore, was raised in lahore. Imran Khan is a Lahori. Lahore is for all the Pakistanis, regardless of their ethnicity, it is for us to enjoy.

This is what this ancient city is all about since the time of lord/raja Lahu.

Off course there were brief periods of horrible intolerance (that are expected albeit grudgingly). Most recent examples are the Sikh and Hindu holocaust, and these days genocidal attempts against Ahmadis.

Thus you all need to guard your city gainst the forces of evil, and guard like a hawk.

Otherwise Lahore could (hopefully not) go through a terrible period like my gad-awful city aka Karachi, where a "gotham city" is being destroyed brick by brick by its own residents primarily the Urdu community but lately Pashtuns too.

Just learn your lessons from history and other cities and do not let your city go to Mullahtic and Ayatullatic dogs.

peace

Back
Top Bottom