What's new

Lahore Rapid Mass Transit Rail Project

this rail project will help to change the image of pakistan in world. but i think govt. will face lot of problems in this huge projet.

1: cost of projet: cost of project will be more than $ 5 billion. can pakistan bear it ? if govt. can bear it , how they recover all the cost so that they build more.....
2: security : every one know it there is lot of security issue in pakistan after completion of project it 'll be main target of terroist how they manage security.
however i like that pakistan will complete this project.:yahoo:

First of all why every person thinks Pakistan does not have funds? She is also making its budgets like India and other soverign countries. Although the funds are not as large as other bigger economies but still we allocate some part of our funds in all sectors including Pakistan railway for development projects and in this project i believe ADB was involved and i am sure some foreign investors too will be involved in this project.

Good to hear Indian connection, yeas we can build it in 4 years flat. 1st phase in 2 years 2nd will take 3 years maximum.

And the duration can be shorter if Pakistan don't have problem like environment lobby or land acquisition which is the reason for delays in projects in India and cost escalation.

BTW, What is the current status?????

In my knowledge no such construction is going on.

Its under construction.............. The project was temporarily suspended for couple of weeks/months but it started again in 2009 so it may delay a bit but will definitely be completed Insha'Allah.

Last edited:
sir,

i got your point.

The same type of problems are in India also.

And about the machinery that will be easy to supply from India then Korea.

And there is shortage of some types of skilled labors in India, we have high quality of engineers but the electricians, crane operator draftsmen, welder type of skilled and experience people are required.

I don't know you have info or not.

In India we are building infrastructure at never before in the history of south Asia. In 5 years our's will be the largest railway, port and road network in the world.

Hence, the shortage.

thanks

JJ. The need for skilled labour is never fullfilled even in countries like Canada, so what they do is they trained their labour on the jobs, calling it as Trianing on the job.

There are number of skilled trainer Pakistani and Indian origin to do the job elequently in both countires if opertunity is provided. So to say that there is shortage and doing nothing is not the answer.

Training aids such as books and tools are availble easily, only need is for us to utalize it and go with it, no need to invent the wheel, industrialized countries have already done it, use the same system and people trained in these countries. and valla, u will have a trained labour in less than 5 years.

All we have to do is stop being lazy.:lazy::lazy::lazy: and use imaginations.

Last edited:
What's this train gona look like any pic's? btw the karachi transit train/rail project is still not even started what makes us think this will ..

Last edited:
Arre why start the India Pakistan jhagra again?

Or is it the India Pakistan jhagra by way of Japan- China?:lol:

I hope the projects develop well for Pakistan.

BTW, don't criticize Chinese products, because it's a facile understanding of business trends.

From the 1950s to the 70s Japanese products were regarded as pieces of %$#%.

Then they moved rapidly up the value chain.

Chances are, China will probably do the same 20-30 years from now and we'll all be walking around proudly sporting Chinese goods. :D

So never dismiss a business that is starting at the low end; because it's only one part of the picture.

I use the same arguments when people criticize India's Arjun and LCA. Slowly, slowly..

first deal with terrorism than think about MTR( mass tranist Rail)
If some one blows him slef in a MTR .. just think what can happen !

first deal with terrorism than think about MTR( mass tranist Rail)
If some one blows him slef in a MTR .. just think what can happen !

tum ne manhoos baat hi karni thee :lol:

Allah naa karay meray bhai Allah naa karay :disagree:

Aameen

aur agar Khuda na Khwasta koi blow up ho bhi gaya to agle din phir se train chal paray gi aur kya?

Last edited:
tum ne manhoor baat hi karni thee :lol:

Aameen

aur agar Khuda na Khwasta koi blow up ho bhi gaya to agle din phir se train chal paray gi aur kya?

so wats the status of this prjoect now? as our economy suffered big time in last couple of years (although its getting back on track MASHALLAH) so i really wonder will it b materialized or not

by the way as far as my knowledge is concerned lahore ring road has been completed

so wats the status of this prjoect now? as our economy suffered big time in last couple of years (although its getting back on track MASHALLAH) so i really wonder will it b materialized or not

by the way as far as my knowledge is concerned lahore ring road has been completed

i believe Ring Road project is not completed yet......... its still under construction

and the Lahore Rapid Mass Transit system was cancelled by CM Punjab but i heard Governer Punjab resumed again........ now i am not sure whether the work has been started or not but most likely it is under construction (still looking for a source to confirm its status)

i believe Ring Road project is not completed yet......... its still under construction

and the Lahore Rapid Mass Transit system was cancelled by CM Punjab but i heard Governer Punjab resumed again........ now i am not sure whether the work has been started or not but most likely it is under construction (still looking for a source to confirm its status)

Zaki Bhai I told you that construction never started and consultation company is completing its report.

Ring Road hasn't been completed yet.

tum ne manhoos baat hi karni thee :lol:

Aameen

The Metro runs deep under the earth or above the surface on 20-30 feet high pillars so they are more than safe from sabotage in comparison to other modes of transportation.

guys today jang news paper is having ad of Lahore rapid mass transit rail they are calling international companies for this project any body plz post that ad here its on todays jang news paper dont know about other newspapers :smitten:

1100933627-1.jpg

good going ......public transport like this are need of hour....
here in bangalore traffic sucks, but metro project is already started...now there is plan for monorail and high speed rail...

Brother! don't underestimate Pakistan's economy. Shaukat Tareen did an fantastic job during his time in office. I heard an economist today and he was saying that World's economy will once again burst soon specially after recent riots in Europe as it had only got temporary injection for it's survival.

But Pakistan faced the brunt in last years (IMF played a real good role) thus now in a really good condition than others...:D:D

Only issue here is inflation..

Too expensive to import the technology and maintain the service. Delhi's Metro is considered low-tech "Light Rail Transit" (LRT), not high-tech "Mass Rail Transit" (MRT). This is one of the major reasons for importing China's advanced MRT Metro system to Bombay (the first in India). This would provide 'bragging rights' and improve the 'image' of Mumbai, and hence India as a whole. :angel:

i live in new delhi. you said delhi metro is considered as low tech. but i think it's very much effective, it change the face of delhi. so why not pakistan importing this, if it's cheap and effective tech. u know why bcoz japan is not going to giving it to pakistan so they have only way i.e. china.

Back
Top Bottom