What's new

Lahore Metro Train Project | News and Updates

Not only political parties but this agenda is vigorously followed by our Miltablishment. The big force in our country which don't want a stable and strong govt for their agenda. Pakistan might be only army in world who just can win over own govt but not a singe war.

irrespective... public will continue to distribute sweets and celebrate, every time army chief packaway politician govt.

Updated pictures of Lahore Orange Line Metro Train - Package - 1.

DJI_000076.jpg

DJI_000075.jpg

DJI_000050.jpg

IMG_450012.jpg

OmnBRAg.jpg

NIMCg8o.jpg

zyPoNhp.jpg

bs00xi7.jpg

DJI_000076.jpg

Looks beautiful... well done.

irrespective... public will continue to distribute sweets and celebrate, every time army chief packaway politician govt.
That is due to massive propaganda. Just tell me which massive blunder done by politicians?Please mention anyone which is still haunting Pakistan

That is due to massive propaganda. Just tell me which massive blunder done by politicians?Please mention anyone which is still haunting Pakistan

Corruption and abuse of power are top of the list.

1,200-metre excavation work on OLMT at GPO site completed

LAHORE: The civil, mechanical and electrical work on the Orange Line Metro Train (OLMT) at General Post Office (GPO) underground station is continuing round-the-clock and 1,200-metres excavation work out of 1,780 metres has been completed.

According to Package-1 project director, Hammad-ul-Hasan, the work on the remaining 580 metres would be started soon.

Hammad on Monday said that on the directions of Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif, the pace of work has been further expedited.

He said that more than 89 percent of the overall work on Package-1 has been completed, adding that all departments were working as a team to complete the project at the earliest.

they are recoverable. Dictators have done more damage
It takes decades to build institutions and economy, upon which society builds.
Pakistan always rose when army chief lead it.
Dictator they are not... actually they all came when Pakistan was held hostage be civilian dictators.
Uniformed men may be dictator in other parts of world but not in Pakistan.
As i said, they are celebrated and leave upon request of resignation.

Dictator they are not... actually they all came when Pakistan was held hostage be civilian dictators.
Yes you are right actually here. Institutions destroyed by them take too much time. Country was broken by them. Secular fabric of this country destroyed by them. We fought others war and put the sovereignty of this country. We are in fight due to them. we are in the war from last 1.5 decade due to politicians?? come on grow some balls and call a night, night.
Please explain that rise of Pakistan under COAS? and how COAS resignEd??

Don't try to play with me.

Thats just one side of the picture. Pakistan did get temporary boost with army dictators in power but the damages done to country were permanent. In no civilized country army rules country. The civilized world has learned that democracy is the only way to govern .

In no civilized country army rules country.
Its because those are civilized societies and they have efficient and accountable governance system.
Whereas Pakistan is no more a civilized society, nor we have any sort of system, anywhere.

Its because those are civilized societies and they have efficient and accountable governance system.
Whereas Pakistan is no more a civilized society, nor we have any sort of system, anywhere.
Agreed. Who is responsible?? Mainly the mainly dictators!!

who keeps the Pakistan in this state? who used religious extremism for their benefits? Who make this society uncivilized? My friend I do not know what is source of your information but please come out this state. it has destroyed our society already. Try to be a rational.

27 trains for OLMT to reach Pakistan next week
By Our Correspondent
Published: January 25, 2018
10SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1617337-olmt-1516856052-914-640x480.jpg

The first of 27 trains designed for the Orange Line Metro in Lahore rolled off the production line in central China’s Hunan province on Monday. PHOTO: China Xinhua News

LAHORE: All 27 trains for the Lahore Orange Line Metro Train (OLMT) project will reach Pakistan by next week. So far wagons of 17 trains have reached Lahore.

This was disclosed by Punjab Chief Minister’s Adviser and OLMT Steering Committee Chairman Khawaja Ahmad Hassaan. He was speaking at the project’s weekly progress review meeting held on Wednesday.

He said that the project has entered in its concluding phase as over 84% of civil works of the project has been completed. He said local and Chinese contractors and officials of all concerned departments are working day and night for early completion of the project.

National Engineering Services Pakistan (NESPAK) General Manager Salman Hafeez told the meeting participants that overall progress in civil works has reached 84%, besides completion of 40% electrical and mechanical works. He said that the progress on package-I (from Dera Gujjaran, Grand Trunk Road to Chauburji) is 89.5% completed. On package-II (from Chauburji to Ali Town) was 75% done while on Depot near Dera Gujran was 85% completed. On Stabling Yard near Ali Town was 86% done.

After the vacation of a restraining order by the Supreme Court, he said, construction works near Shalimar Garden, Ghulabi Bagh and Budhu’s Tomb on Grand Trunk Road and Lakshmi Building on Mecleod Road are being executed with full momentum. The piling and pile caps work have been completed and 19 out of the total of 41 pears to be constructed at these points have also been completed. A total of 38 transoms and 90 u-tub girders will be launched in these places, all of which have been precast. Out of total 13 metro train stations, development works on 12 stations have reached 85% on package-I. Islam Park station is near completion, he maintained. On package-II, meeting participants were told that 802 u-tubs out of total 806 have been precast, while 706 of these structures have also been launched for construction of viaduct along this package.

Following the Supreme Court orders, Hassaan said as per court’s direction development works near historical places, officials are taking utmost care while shifting of utility close to these places. He asked for ensuring public facilitation at all costs during the execution of work on the project.

Published in The Express Tribune, January 25th, 2018.

Back
Top Bottom