What's new

Lahore high court Judge gets his car tyres changed for 74000 USD

Bugatti veyron tyres cost 32000 usd "per set".
Here we have a judge of a poor country having his car tyres changed at public tax money's expense at more than three times the price .
Hey but let's criticise military budget .
What car does he use?

Dear, the price is unbelievable even if we consider the element of corruption in it by the purchasing department. Please check the authenticity of it. I believe it is fake.
Judges know, that nobody can question them, likewise their corruption is stellar.

Was he purchasing a tyre of the Starship Enterprise? I guarantee no Mercedes tyres are that expensive even in Pakistan.

i first read it as 74,000 PKR and thought - "that seems reasonable for branded tyres".

Then i realised it USD not PKR... :bad:

This is ridiculous,
but playing devil's advocate
the mercedes and the tyres may not be road version,
it maybe the armored version,
in which case one can understand the cost.
A set of 4 tyres, 19 inches from Michelin would be about 900 - 1150 USD.

This is ridiculous,
but playing devil's advocate
the mercedes and the tyres may not be road version,
it maybe the armored version,
in which case one can understand the cost.
A set of 4 tyres, 19 inches from Michelin would be about 900 - 1150 USD.
indeed they are, its a B7 category Merc with run flat tires, but still I think they have quoted a exuberant price. But most of it will be taxes that would go back in the Govt kitty.

indeed they are, its a B7 category Merc with run flat tires, but still I think they have quoted a exuberant price. But most of it will be taxes that would go back in the Govt kitty.
Military grade run flat tyres cost 600£ a piece in UK, and thats the best quality ones. Run flat tyres can be bought for lower prices, with lower permissible speed after puncture.
That's a total of 2400£ for armoured vehicles 4 tyres.
Now try to justify 74000 usd

Back
Top Bottom