What's new

Lahore High Court bars extradition of Mullah Baradar

SSGPA1

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Lahore High Court bars extradition of Mullah Baradar

LAHORE: The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Friday prohibited the extradition of five Afghan Taliban leaders and summoned the provincial and federal governments on March 15.

The arrested militants include Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar who is considered the right hand man of Afghan Taliban chief Mullah Mohammad Omar.

Other arrested Afghan Taliban included Mullah Saleem, Maulvi Kabeer, Mullah Mohammad and Ameer Muavia.

The five were arrested from Faisalabad and Karachi a few weeks ago.

On February 25, a petition was filed in the LHC by Khalid Khwaja against the arrest of the five Afghan Taliban leaders. Khwaja requested that the five not be deported to any foreign country.

The case was being heard by LHC Chief Justice Khwaja Sharif.

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Lahore High Court bars extradition of Mullah Baradar

I just hope that justice Sharif rules against this petition.

Mullah Baradar is an Afghan national and he is wanted by his own govt.

Pakistan is better off without him in our jails.

Have an Extradition treaty or not Pakistan shouldn't hand over such wanted man to the Americans.

good step we no need to hand over any tom herry dick to any one.

Why the hell should we hand these guys over to them ? They can provide valuable intelligence regarding the channels sponsoring terrorism in Pakistan

Guys Mullah Baardar is an Afghan national according to the Dawn news source which I have posted above so he should be send back to Afghanistan after our investigation.

Pakistan is still considered close to Talibans and still face terror attacks regardless of what Mullah Baradar disclose.

I just don't want Pakistan to hold this guy and then face a hostage situation etc for his release nor I want our judicial system exhausting resources on Afghans.

Have an Extradition treaty or not Pakistan shouldn't hand over such wanted man to the Americans.

it seems clear that he will either remain in Pakistan or be transferred to Afghanistan

At this point, I would imagine there is a lot of public pressure NOT to hand them over to the Americans --though I must say this government is not exactly a consensus-based one

I just hope that justice Sharif rules against this petition.

Mullah Baradar is an Afghan national and he is wanted by his own govt.

Pakistan is better off without him in our jails.

Please don't tell me you're that naive to think he is not going straight into Baghram once he gets off the runway, are you?

Unless you consider Afghanistan a legitimate government, I certaintly don't and I don't need to refer you to last years bogus elections to prove my point either.

Keep Baradar here, if they want him, we'll have Aafia Siddiqui back.

I just don't want Pakistan to hold this guy and then face a hostage situation etc for his release nor I want our judicial system exhausting resources on Afghans.

Hostage situation isn't going to happen...

A dormant Afghan Taliban breaking all of hell loose and punishing Pakistan for selling their commander to the Yanks on the other hand is quite a real and dangerous possibility.

All this whilst America watches by the sidelines as a re-run of the Iraq scenario occurs in our major cities...

No Thanks!

If Pakistan chooses to keep these guys, AND either let's them go or gives them plush accommodations in their own new Shura Villa, then Pakistan will reap what it sows .... again.

PS. I would not advise hanging out around wherever they are being kept.

8a7c924a72e8083a9dd8ce1c5f685a95.jpg

Back
Top Bottom