What's new

Ladakh: No 'Deal' was Struck with China

Your ignorance is astounding.

Please research into how long it took them to build a road from Bum La deep into Indian territory, after pushing back our troops.

That's how they'll do it, if push comes to shove.

Meanwhile, we haven't managed an all-weather road over Se La in 51 years. I've just been over that road.

If they need to capture AP... they should come deep inside our territory.... and mind your language...

Your ignorance is astounding.

Please research into how long it took them to build a road from Bum La deep into Indian territory, after pushing back our troops.

That's how they'll do it, if push comes to shove.

Meanwhile, we haven't managed an all-weather road over Se La in 51 years. I've just been over that road.

PS: They might try to deploy armour in Aksai Chin; why would anyone deploy armour in Arunachal? Other than Hong Wu?

That's true,

Their patrols ride up in jeeps while our patrols need to hike for days on difficult terrains at certain sectors.

Hey @Joe Shearer, is there someone very close to your heart serving in one of the three forces ?? I am startled at your lack of faith in our forces, are you afraid of loss of life ??

War's are emotional to an extent and I will always put Sovereignty of India ahead of my life. Vande Matram.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think this is over, I mean the Chinese as we know had no reason to leave they must have some other plans. Let's see what happens in the next few weeks and months.

I don't think this is over, I mean the Chinese as we know had no reason to leave they must have some other plans. Let's see what happens in the next few weeks and months.

Of course, it's not over, no one thinks it's over too.

Hey @Joe Shearer, is there someone very close to your heart serving in one of the three forces ?? I am startled at your lack of faith in our forces, are you afraid of loss of life ??

War's are emotional to an extent and I will always put Sovereiginty of India ahead of my life. Vande Matram.

you can add me too.... well i don't know why you are posting like... India is defenseless... don't know to whom you are trying to impress...

hat off to you man , you are trying hard to make them understand .

:omghaha::china::omghaha:

That's true,

Their patrols ride up in jeeps while our patrols need to hike for days on difficult terrains at certain sectors.

Who says this my friend??

The guerrillas can be air dropped and used to cut the logistics of the Chinese.

Take the example of Southern Afghanistan except the areas around kabul today most of the territory is in the grip of taliban. Some time NATO forces are sitting ducks inside their posts during assaults from Taliban.

War's are emotional to an extent and I will always put Sovereiginty of India ahead of my life. Vande Matram.

I guess Joe's stuck in the 60's and the 70's - though he is right about the lack of infrastructure and the difficulty in rapid movement of our troops. But one needs to factor in that Indian troops are battle hardened and also are getting exposed to training and war exercises (Indian troops undergo rigorous training with a large number of countries), and huge presence in UN missions all over the world with multiple countries while the chinese haven't had any combat for 3 decades.

He is also right about the shortage of weapons mainly due to red tape and corruption or negligence - but we will not be dealing with a fully modernized chinese army too - 70% of their inventory is obsolete yet.

First lets discuss you assertion about IA's lack of Guerrilla expertise

The following is about India's mountain warfare expertise

So mountain warfare also includes Guerilla tactics. point one. Your assertion is wrong considering that India has vast amount of expertise in Counter insurgency operations which also includes Mountain warfare and Guerrilla tactics in the north east.

Secondly regarding my post I said the school offers both counter insurgency which may involve Guerrilla tactics.

In 1962 Indian forces were ill trained for snow mountain warfare but Chinese were well accustomed to this style of war, since they just returned after fighting war with USSR. So after 1962 more emphasis was give on setting up more mountain divisions and training.

Try not to dig your hole deeper.

If you knew anything about mountain warfare, you would know that with two exceptions, never in the history of warfare - mountain warfare, to be precise - has a down-slope power defeated an up-slope power.

Second, in 1962, the Chinese had fought a border conflict with the USSR on a river island. Not, o military genius, on snow mountain warfare.

Third, the Chinese suffered deeply and bitterly due to the cold, they were not supermen.

Fourth, Vairengte, as even the citation should show you, was set up after the IA found that it needed to figure out how to beat the Nagas and the Mizos. The Chinese had nothing to do with it. Ask your high level sources.

Who says this my friend??

The guerrillas can be air dropped and used to cut the logistics of the Chinese.

Take the example of Southern Afghanistan except the areas around kabul today most of the territory is in the grip of taliban. Some time NATO forces are sitting ducks inside their posts during assaults from Taliban.

Sure, that's what the C130's and the C17's are meant to do - but what we are discussing is the ground situation at the moment - which is lacking, though will improve in a couple of years.

you can add me too.... well i don't know why you are posting like... India is defenseless... don't know to whom you are trying to impress...

:omghaha::china::omghaha:

joeshearer is the guy with balanced sensibly and intelligent posts . kid you and that stupid srinvias are way out of his league,if I were you I will try to learn something from him

you talk too much my friend... which is needless.... ok you praise PLA no problem with it....

I talk when I need to explain even simple things in very simple language, to those who think too little and read nothing at all.

And you are not on my friends list.

Try not to dig your hole deeper.

If you knew anything about mountain warfare, you would know that with two exceptions, never in the history of warfare - mountain warfare, to be precise - has a down-slope power defeated an up-slope power.

Second, in 1962, the Chinese had fought a border conflict with the USSR on a river island. Not, o military genius, on snow mountain warfare.

Third, the Chinese suffered deeply and bitterly due to the cold, they were not supermen.

Fourth, Vairengte, as even the citation should show you, was set up after the IA found that it needed to figure out how to beat the Nagas and the Mizos. The Chinese had nothing to do with it. Ask your high level sources.

Indo_china_map_201212_2.jpg

As seen in the map, the terrain is like mountain Jungle, where guerrilla tactics combined with mountain warfare works well. Even though Chinese are sitting on high ground they have to fight in rough terrain inside India.

Point here is Snow, Indians are ill equipped in handling snow this is where Chinese gained advantage.

Chinese soldiers are equipped well to handle snow than Indians which gave them edge.

Yes the tactics are taught to Counter insurgency units, special forces and Mountain divisions since all are operating in the same terrain in North east.

joeshearer is the guy with balanced sensibly and intelligent posts . kid you and that stupid srinvias are way out of his league,if I were you I will try to learn something from him

Post reported for personal insults.

And here comes the savior of India advocating cowardice to IA,even after Chinese have failed in the Chess move and got thrashed like sh!T.

Difficult to understand, for the following reasons.

Does pointing out that the Army does not have to fight to a predetermined defeat amount to advocating cowardice? Which fool will knowingly want his country's defenders to die needlessly?

Failed in the chess move? How? They seem to have put the border matter back on the front burner, which seems to have been their only intention.

Got thrashed like sh!T? Not a single shot was fired. What famous victory have you imagined?

That guy has the tendency to take the enemy side and downplay Indians.

Pointing out the realities of the situation is a thousand times better than the empty-headed jingoism that has been on display.

Point here is simple the infrastructure was not built so that the invading force cannot hold on to Guerrilla attacks.

This tactic is called denying the space for enemy.

I have seen in lot of talk shows in which senior generals emphasizing this point.

Again, you need to look up the records. The incoming PLA built roads as it came in, when it had to. The Indian Army gains nothing by not building infrastructure; it only loses the possibility of building up material stocks,

There was just as little, in fact, even less infrastructure, in 1962. That did not noticeably deny any space to any enemy.

The landing facilities are not in the hills; they are in the plains. It is difficult to explain how guerrillas dropped, or airlifted to the plains will help in case of war.

Only a school child who gains his military knowledge from talk shows and from mysterious, undefined sources can come out with such utter, blethering nonsense.

India only built landing facilities to move these guerillas in case of war and also bought Antonov aircraft for that.[/QUOTE]

If they need to capture AP... they should come deep inside our territory.... and mind your language...

More ignorance.

Do you have any idea how deep they penetrated last time? Why don't you confine yourself to matters about which you know? Even a little bit will do.

Back
Top Bottom