10110912499f118363d8f35a21.jpg

1011091250f65e61926314b13c.jpg

1011091250081ce529ec8d90f8.jpg

1011091250d8b081662f1799a3.jpg

it's L-15#06

notice it's engine AI-222-25
:D

looks nice indeed...I dont know why PLAAF did not go for it

the twin-engines are keeping customers away!

This jet may compete with the JFT for induction in the PLAAF. There was some talk on one of the Chinese defence blogs about how if the JFT does get inducted, it might be to replace the Q-5(we also use it and call it the A-5) with the 2-seat version of the JFT, for bombing and close air support. And how originally a CAS version of the L-15 should have been used, but delays in this product's development have led to considering alternatives(such as a version of the JFT).

If I'm not wrong, some of the first JFTs we've inducted have replaced Q-5/A-5 bombers too. I hope our Chinese friends induct the JFT too, I know their high-low combination consists of J-10s and J-11s, like ours is shaping up to consist of F-16s/J-10s, and JFTs. But the JFT still would be a very capable fighter affordable enough to deploy in large numbers in the PLAAF, to maintain their current fighter strength.

This jet may compete with the JFT for induction in the PLAAF. There was some talk on one of the Chinese defence blogs about how if the JFT does get inducted, it might be to replace the Q-5(we also use it and call it the A-5) with the 2-seat version of the JFT, for bombing and close air support. And how originally a CAS version of the L-15 should have been used, but delays in this product's development have led to considering alternatives(such as a version of the JFT).

If I'm not wrong, some of the first JFTs we've inducted have replaced Q-5/A-5 bombers too. I hope our Chinese friends induct the JFT too, I know their high-low combination consists of J-10s and J-11s, like ours is shaping up to consist of F-16s/J-10s, and JFTs. But the JFT still would be a very capable fighter affordable enough to deploy in large numbers in the PLAAF, to maintain their current fighter strength.

the chinese have opted for the JL-9 trainer.

JFT is a good plane .but PLAAF just has limit money to buy new plane .J10 and J11B take the most part .the large number Q5 still can do some work.I think when the day PLAAF need to replace Q5.the first choice is JFT.
and L15 is too expensive .PLAAF can't order many.JL-9 is a strong compititor with L15 ,not JFT.

L-15 seriously looks stealthy and can be improved to jet fighter

Nice pictures.

What are the prospects of it becoming a fully functional fighter?

Visually, it looks good - two big engines, nice contours, but I am concerned about fuel. Those engines are going to slurp fuel quickly, and there doesn't appear to be much room for adequate internal fuel.

Anyone know the range or duration?

Back
Top Bottom