What's new

Kuwait commemorates 23rd anniversary of Iraq occupation

Doritos11

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
KUWAIT, Aug 2 (KUNA) -- Kuwaitis commemorated Friday the 23rd anniversary of Iraq's invasion and occupation of their country, as Baghdad was exiting from Chapter VII of the UN Charter marking new page of relations between the two countries.
It was on 2 August 1990, when Kuwaitis and the whole world woke up to the news of the Iraqi army invasion of Kuwait and Saddam Hussein's shocking announcement that Kuwait would be the 19th of Iraq.
Though a wide coalition of international forces have managed to overrun Iraqi forces and complete liberate Kuwait by 26 February, 1991, the invasion left deep scars in the relations between the two Arab neighbors till the Saddam Hussein's fall in 2003.
Since the ouster of Hussein, relations started to improve and the new Iraqi government and Kuwaiti leaders showed readiness to turn a new page.
This year's anniversary comes after a remarkable development in bilateral relations, Kuwait's support to Iraqi government efforts to end Iraq's Kuwait occupation-related obligations under the Chapter VII of the UN Charter.
On June 27, The UN Security Council on voted unanimously to get Iraq partially out of Chapter VII of the UN Charter, transfer the files of the missing Kuwaitis and property under the responsibility of the UN Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI), and put an end to the 1999 post of the High-Level Coordinator for those files. The two countries also agreed on a mechanism for the maintenance of the border signs. Iraq is also paying compensations for Kuwait for damage caused by the 1990-91 seven-month occupation.
The Council transferred those two humanitarian issues, under Chapter VI, to UNAMI's attention, taking into consideration the Kuwaiti conditions aimed at having the files constantly under Council review.
This year has also witnessed a series of reciprocal visits between the top leaders of the two nations and the hammering out of several cooperation agreements.
His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah and His Highness the Prime Minister of Kuwait Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah had visited Iraq.
Kuwait and Iraq signed June 12, six agreements and memorandums of understanding following official talks between HH Kuwaiti Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber and his Iraqi counterpart Nouri Al-Maliki.
The agreements cover a wide array of domains, including education, scientific research, aviation, economy, culture, transport and environment

Iraq today is failed state and has no sovereignty while Kuwait is well developed country. Way different since 1991.

Iraq today is failed state and has no sovereignty while Kuwait is well developed country. Way different since 1991.

We are not a state, we are a province of Iran, you need to edit that part.

Come on guys .. This is Iraq we are talking about.
A huge country, with immense resources,
Historical legacy for as long as man can date back.
massive human capital.

There is no way, NO WAY that a country like that will remain submissive for too long.
As soon as all foreign hands withdraw from the region, Iraq's stature will bring it back on where it belongs.

Come on guys .. This is Iraq we are talking about.
A huge country, with immense resources,
Historical legacy for as long as man can date back.
massive human capital.

There is no way, NO WAY that a country like that will remain submissive for too long.
As soon as all foreign hands withdraw from the region, Iraq's stature will bring it back on where it belongs.

Why argue with him if he wants to hear only 1 thing, if this is what makes him happy then we call Iraq part of Iran, I see no problem in it.

Why argue with him if he wants to hear only 1 thing, if this is what makes him happy then we call Iraq part of Iran, I see no problem in it.

As if it makes any different.:lol:

F u both.

When will the day come when we will see two brothers COLLABORATING, discussing science, literature and humanity ?

Are we willing to die, and present our selves to God, and explain why we favored spending time in cutting each other up, instead of swallowing our prides and for once being nice to each other ?

WE represent the prophet, who was stoned by the people of Taif, and who bled till his blood clot in his shoes and after this when Jibrael asked our prophet to revenge, our prophet refused.

Are we, U, me, him, and whoever and our respective pride & prejudices worth more than a single drop of blood of our prophet ?

Today we are willing to die and kill in the name and sanctity of our prophet's companions, but we are not willing to respect or to learn from our prophet ?

F u both.

When will the day come when we will see two brothers COLLABORATING, discussing science, literature and humanity ?

Are we willing to die, and present our selves to God, and explain why we favored spending time in cutting each other up, instead of swallowing our prides and for once being nice to each other ?

Lol, Relax mate

That Iraq you are taking about has gone long time ago. I think we should stick to our big brother :pakistan:

Lol, Relax mate

That Iraq you are taking about has gone long time ago. I think we should stick to our big brother :pakistan:

I am very scared,
I am very well aware I will be asked questions and I will have no answer to those questions.
I know God will punish me.

On the day of judgement, if just 1 non muslim comes, and says he didn't like to accept Islam
because he saw what disgusting stuff muslims do.

none of us will have an answer; and that day God will revenge us for what we did to his word and to his religion.

I, we , ourselves, our prides and our lives are very very small; Allah and his wisdom are infinite.

We are not your protector, neither is Pakistan, look after your own issues.

QUIT it,

no one is anyone's protector, you are as respectable to me as anyone else, @Arabian Legend is as respectable to me as anyone else,

Why can't we just let things be just that ?

Why don't my words have any effect ? do you think I lie ? Do you think I am not correct ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom