What's new

Kurz: Austria concludes Sputnik V negotiations

vostok

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
The European Medicines Agency is still carrying out a rolling review of the Russian jab.
GettyImages-1231872393-1320x901[1].jpg

Austria has wrapped up negotiations to acquire Russia’s Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine, Chancellor Sebastian Kurz said Saturday.

In a briefing to local media, Kurz said the talks had “de facto come to an end” making it possible for Austria to buy one million doses and provide an “additional turbo” to the country's vaccination rollout.

Kurz first revealed that he was in talks with Russia to purchase the vaccine in late March, following a February 26 phone call with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The European Medicines Agency is still carrying out a rolling review of the Sputnik V vaccine. Asked last week if Austria would wait for an EU license, Kurz’s office said the licensing mechanism for Sputnik V is “still to be decided.”

Hungary and Slovakia are, so far, the only EU countries to order the Russian vaccine. Hungary said Friday it would help Slovakia assess the jab after a negative assessment by Slovakia’s own drug regulator.

The European Medicines Agency is still carrying out a rolling review of the Russian jab.
View attachment 732893

Austria has wrapped up negotiations to acquire Russia’s Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine, Chancellor Sebastian Kurz said Saturday.

In a briefing to local media, Kurz said the talks had “de facto come to an end” making it possible for Austria to buy one million doses and provide an “additional turbo” to the country's vaccination rollout.

Kurz first revealed that he was in talks with Russia to purchase the vaccine in late March, following a February 26 phone call with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The European Medicines Agency is still carrying out a rolling review of the Sputnik V vaccine. Asked last week if Austria would wait for an EU license, Kurz’s office said the licensing mechanism for Sputnik V is “still to be decided.”

Hungary and Slovakia are, so far, the only EU countries to order the Russian vaccine. Hungary said Friday it would help Slovakia assess the jab after a negative assessment by Slovakia’s own drug regulator.

I wish Pakistan could go for Sputnik-V vaccine. I don't trust the Western ones. What are the rules for traveling to Russia to get vaccinated as a foreigner? Any tips or suggestions?

I wish Pakistan could go for Sputnik-V vaccine. I don't trust the Western ones. What are the rules for traveling to Russia to get vaccinated as a foreigner? Any tips or suggestions?
In Moscow you can simply come to one of vaccination sites with your passport and get a doze. They will even give you an ice-cream.

Austrians, Hungarians are small but tough European people. I think they and some other nations will survive during coming West Collapse. Because they will get help from Russia.

Last edited:
Following are best choices:

1. Pfizer
2. Sputnik V
3. Moderna

- as per existing reports.

Whichever is accessible to you from the aforementioned options, go for it. If you have reservations then it would be better to seek professional advice in relation.

WE make use of numerous Western inventions in Life; there is no need to be paranoid about everything Western, bro. Take things lightly.

I am not sure whether this makes sense for Europe as J&J vaccine is also reporting similar to AstraZeneca as regards rare blood clots:

Does anyone have any data on blood clots after the Sputnik vaccine is given in the millions of doses apart from in Russia?

Both vaccines involve two doses, an initial shot and a booster, and use harmless adenoviruses as vehicles, or vectors, to carry genetic instructions into the body to prompt cells to produce antibodies. Sputnik, however, uses different viral factors for its two shots.
So both vaccines are based on the same tech and there is a possibility that the rare blood clots from AstraZeneca will also be found from Sputnik.
If they do not find AstraZeneca as safe then logically Sputnick would be in a similar situation unless hard data proves otherwise.

Last edited:
Following are best choices:

1. Pfizer
2. Sputnik V
3. Moderna

- as per existing reports.

Whichever is accessible to you from the aforementioned options, go for it. If you have reservations then it would be better to seek professional advice in relation.

WE make use of numerous Western inventions in Life; there is no need to be paranoid about everything Western, bro. Take things lightly.

I am not sure it is as simple as that.

It depends what you mean by best? Is it efficacy from symptons, or from hospitalisations or the prevalence of serious side effects? Is it how effective a single jab is as opposed to having to give 2 jabs within 3-4 weeks apart and this means it will take you longer to properly protection your population.

Each country will be in a different situation and so what may be the "best" vaccine for one country will not necessarily be the "best" vaccine for another country.

I am not sure it is as simple as that.

It depends what you mean by best? Is it efficacy from symptons, or from hospitalisations or the prevalence of serious side effects? Is it how effective a single jab is as opposed to having to give 2 jabs within 3-4 weeks apart and this means it will take you longer to properly protection your population.

Each country will be in a different situation and so what may be the "best" vaccine for one country will not necessarily be the "best" vaccine for another country.
My advice is to consult a doctor who have ample experience with COVID cases. It would be much better and safer to make an informed choice in this matter to avoid a costly mistake.

Vaccines which are extensively tested and medically certified for administration in your region, are your best bet. This is all.

Back
Top Bottom