What's new

Kudankulam protest turns violent, one killed in firing

What the hell are the churches doing, sometimes the churches just make me mad. Instead of looking at what is good for the country they are making things worse, they should be acting as the mediator.

If the churches are involved then you can bet there are NGOs, and foreign hand means that money is not the issue. Better to search out the money flow and find the perpetrators.
Already a german origin guy was caught in a lodge near kudangulam who was about to pass the money to protestors in the name of donation to church.

They have been told by God knows who most probably some NGO's that the fish stock will suffer with the plant but this unfounded, I just come across this intresting link:

Ecological and Environmental Protection - JSC «Institute Hydroproject»

Aquatic Life

The next step of the protection complex was the fish protection concentrator with vertical separation. It was decided not to use traditional mesh, grids and other filtering elements, which with intensive fouling could not cope with so great amount of organic matter. Its structural design in principally new and it permits avoiding direct contact of fish and biomass particles with largely perforated protective water intake surface. To increase fish protection effectiveness the concentrator was additionally equipped with air-bubble curtain to stimulate withdrawal of organisms to the upper fish diversion system. Its connection with the sea alongshore canal permits withdrawal of fish and other aquatic organisms to the safe zone equipped with artificial reefs presenting a system of near-shore tetrapods. They serve to provide around the dyke the formation of favorable habitats preventing fish from migration to the dangerous water intake zone.
Yeah you are almost right they get the fund from NGO'S but these innocent fishermens are brainwashed by As&h0le Udaya kumar and Priest of the church.

How many of the people commenting actually know about the safety mechanism's used in Nuclear reactors....for starter I got no clue about it :confused:

Let me share the wisdom of Lord Google,so that we can prevent people going full retard
India's Kalpakkam nuclear power plant withstood the giant waves, which engulfed its small township, home to India´s centre for atomic research. Battered but safe, the plant shut down automatically after detectors tripped it as the water level rose. There was no release of radioactivity. The reactor was restarted 1 January 2005, six days after the catastrophic waves struck India´s east coast.
The IAEA issued the Kalpakkam reactor a clean bill of health in the tsunami´s wake, rating the event a "zero" or of "no safety significance" on the International Nuclear Events Scale.

Here is the report if you want too read SAFETY OF KUDANKULAM NUCLEAR POWER PLANT AND IMPACT OF ITS OPERATION ON THE SURROUNDINGS

Not sure what is so special about people around Kudankulam while the people of Mumbai and Chennai have been living near the nuclear plants for decades. Especially these have research facilities as well. Instead of Aseem, Udayakumar should be arrested for working against national interests and put away for a long time.

I posted a thread on this showing the other point of view of this project. Many of you dont like all the articles and sources I posted coz it goes against India;s development but it is what it is.

Union carbide in bhopal flouted all laws even after inspection and recommendations were made for the safety norms.If i go down the road you recommend then i must say govt must ban every motor vehicle /machinery/power stations etc which run on petroleum as they are feeding us poisonous gases and killing us slowly.Daily thousands of people die across india in road accidents ...so why not ban all motor vehicles off the road.

we should atleast have Balls to prosecute the culprit and compensate the victims of these massacre have you seen the effect of that gas leak still there .if you read my other post about our safety record of nuclear installation you will have and idea what the people are afraid of .

Please also compile how many died due to nuclear plant in past 65 years and how many died in road accident.then we will decide which one need to be banned in india......:azn:

If any thing happens around nuclear reactor not only its dangerous for people but also the environment,affecting our livestock,farms,river,fish. so its like slow poison would you like to give your family slow poison. i don't think soo.

the govt must assure protesters that "the plant will be closed but the electricity given to them will be given to places they are more needed", if they can live without a nuclear plant then they can live without power too ......... they will move out then .

the govt must assure protesters that "the plant will be closed but the electricity given to them will be given to places they are more needed", if they can live without a nuclear plant then they can live without power too ......... they will move out then .

TN already has a power problem and desperately needs every MW. Thats one of the reason why TN govt is firmly behind this power plant...but I agree with your proposal. Not only them, every power to every person's home who is against nuclear power will be cut. They say that wind & solar is enough, let them lead by example.

Back
Top Bottom