What's new

KSA wants to barter oil against land lease for plantation from Pakistan.

This is excellent if it happens. The mini industries it would create would be worth a heck a lot more than the value of the land.

If anything it would make Pakistan more powerful and in a commanding state. Oil dependence would decrease in the coming decades, but food needs would only grow.

Now if this actually ends up happening is anyones guess. Kind of like flipping a coin in terms of chances.
Agreed. If the deal goes though then definitely it will create opportunities for local people.

It is an opportunity both timely and wise, I guess the Sauds have good business sense as this transaction is mutually beneficial........

What we should do is to give them land in Baluchistan province.

• It will boost jobs and development
  • It will intertwine Pakistan, Saudi and Chinese interests ;)
  • Saudis will take care of the gulfee states who are financing/aiding and abetting the BLA/BRA/BLF terrorist outfits...they will do it by whatever means possible. Especially when their food security is dependant on the stability in that region.

:coffee:

People don't remember what happen to their shamsi base lease :hitwall:

They will can a airstrip in that farm land and can bring any thing they want in pakistan
term should be all the worker has to be pakistan only and only the research scientist may be foreigner .
Pakistan can terminate lease when ever it won't on security ground and saudi will finance the dam and canal expenditure .
they cannot sub lease to anybody and will be monitor my Pakistan IB.
Farming technology information will be shared with other pakistani farmer.

People don't remember what happen to their shamsi base lease :hitwall:

They will can a airstrip in that farm land and can bring any thing they want in pakistan
term should be all the worker has to be pakistan only and only the research scientist may be foreigner .
Pakistan can terminate lease when ever it won't on security ground and saudi will finance the dam and canal expenditure .
they cannot sub lease to anybody and will be monitor my Pakistan IB.
Farming technology information will be shared with other pakistani farmer.

We took it back.

End of the story.

305005-shamsiairbaseispr-1323611299-431-640x480.jpg

Your terms are something i agree with.

But bro after the damage was done it show the people that GOP is not in control.
term is very important because job,research and development for pakistan.

We took it back.

End of the story.

305005-shamsiairbaseispr-1323611299-431-640x480.jpg

Your terms are something i agree with.

Are we sure that this is happening?

Saudi Arabia has 267 billion barrels of oil TOTAL proven!

Now, with this deal, Saudis will be giving us like 10 billion barrels of their oil...10 billion barrels!

If such offer is indeed made, Nawaz Shareef should go to opposition like PTI and give them details...and Pakistan should sign the deal as a nation, not only the government should sign it.

It'd be good if you get 10 year intervals instead of 99..but then again, you can't have everything..specially when YOU are the one that NEEDS the deal more than the other party.

What we should do is to give them land in Baluchistan province.

• It will boost jobs and development
  • It will intertwine Pakistan, Saudi and Chinese interests ;)
  • Saudis will take care of the gulfee states who are financing/aiding and abetting the BLA/BRA/BLF terrorist outfits...they will do it by whatever means possible. Especially when their food security is dependant on the stability in that region.

:coffee:

seriously mate, I never thought about your second point, thanks for the perspective, if only people in power thought along the same lines......:cheers:

How credible is the news? If true than Pakistan should grab this offer it will have 2 benefits
1. We will save Forex which will defiantly improve/eliminate our account deficit.
2. Govt. will be getting oil for free and selling it to refineries on international rates - means revenue of approx. 1 trillion PKR/year

but we should do following things

1. Land should be offered in Baluchistan & work force should be locals.
2. There should be at-least some %age from crops for population of Baluchistan.
3. I think we will need to build KBD to provide adequate water for cultivation.

PS: I don't believe on this unless i hear official words from Saudi side or some MoU signed.

Last edited:
Are we sure that this is happening?

Saudi Arabia has 267 billion barrels of oil TOTAL proven!

Now, with this deal, Saudis will be giving us like 10 billion barrels of their oil...10 billion barrels!

If such offer is indeed made, Nawaz Shareef should go to opposition like PTI and give them details...and Pakistan should sign the deal as a nation, not only the government should sign it.

It'd be good if you get 10 year intervals instead of 99..but then again, you can't have everything..specially when YOU are the one that NEEDS the deal more than the other party.
10 billion barrels or 250, 000 barrels? Make your mind.

total 10 billion (approx) in 99 years
We import 350k+ barrels daily, 250K is very less. It should be at least 300k.
The price of the land increases its production increases but the oil supply will remain the same while our future oil need will increase double.

The oil is less compared to the land, if the deal is going through, Pakistan should negotiate.

We import 350k+ barrels daily, 250K is very less. It should be at least 300k.
The price of the land increases its production increases but the oil supply will remain the same while our future oil need will increase double.

The oil is less compared to the land, if the deal is going through, Pakistan should negotiate.

I don't even believe on 250k and you are talking about increase. Annual value of 250k barrel/day will be over 25% of Pakistan's federal budget. That's why i don't think any such thing is on the way.

I don't even believe on 250k and you are talking about increase. Annual value of 250k barrel/day will be over 25% of Pakistan's federal budget. That's why i don't think any such thing is on the way.

The news if true then it will reduce your oil burden tremendously. Just that often large-scale agriculture may bring out efficiencies in outputs but the people already living on the land has to be compensated adequately. If the well being of people in question is not taken care of then these deals will be just on paper.

The news if true then it will reduce your oil burden tremendously. Just that often large-scale agriculture may bring out efficiencies in outputs but the people already living on the land has to be compensated adequately. If the well being of people in question is not taken care of then these deals will be just on paper.

We have huge cultivatable land in Baluchistan which is idle, If that is given than there will not be much problem plus it will bring employment and other economic opportunities for locals there.

Back
Top Bottom