What's new

KSA wants huge Naval deals but on the condition that 50% of the value of each contract is spent locally

With the US pivoting to the Indo-Pacific, the GCC is looking like it is trying to become as self-sufficient in taking control of its region. I recall an article a few years ago saying, considering how destabilizing an undeveloped Yemen, post hostilities would be, the Saudis had saved up a lot of money to come in and rebuild it, when the opportunity presented itself.

Hopefully part of the redevelopment will be building the bridge or tunnel between Djibouti and Yemen, and connecting it with the planned GCC railway. Regional connectivity will give a lot of opportunities to those willing to invest in the region and neighboring regions (South Asia and Africa), namely the GCC.

At least the immediate waters (Red Sea, Persian/Arabian Gulf, Gulf of Oman, Gulf of Aden and Arabian Sea). It requires that the GCC joint command continues to integrate and continued investments in the navy sector by member states occur. KSA and the UAE will take the main heavy lifting but Oman and Yemen (not a GCC member state but otherwise fully integrated with the rest on every front) are historically great naval powers. Look no further than the millennial old trade ties with South East Asia, South Asia and Eastern Africa and Horn of Africa, the large Arab diasporas in those regions, the linguistic, religious, cultural, economic etc. influence.

Yes, integrating Arabia and the Arab world with the upcoming economic and demographic tiger (Africa) is a completely natural development. Yemen and Horn of Africa aside from a stable Sahel, is key to that. Notice the unrest in those regions. Not a coincidence. Certain players are unfortunately fuming the flames and trying to prevent regional integration and economic cooperation.

Saudi Arabia is doing the right thing here.

Should have been done from 50 years ago with every foreign weapon purchase. There would be a huge weapon manufacturing sector today.

Better late than never.
Sir i i am Pakistani citizens i want to join Sudia Arabia army forced can i joined

Back
Top Bottom