What's new

KSA & UAE - Submarine Options

Khafee

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Over the last few years KSA and the UAE Navies have been focusing on fleet renewal and upgrading capabilities, in particular ASW.

Now as any student of naval warfare knows that a sub is not only an offensive platform, but a deterrent too.

I had totally forgotten about this, until @zaravn brought up this topic. What I would like to see, from respected forum members on this thread, is NOT shots in the dark, but proper options. i.e. when you suggest a platform give details of its specs, and it's pros, and cons.

Thank You

http://www.govconwire.com/2014/02/s...chille-fulfaro-comments/#sthash.jXvRg3Ad.dpuf

@Penguin @Zarvan @The Eagle @Fenrir and others

Saudi Arabia needs to go for bigger Role. Saudi Arabia not only needs to start inducting submarines but also needs to induct VLS equipped Frigates and Destroyers which can fire long range cruise missiles.

Saudi Arabia needs to go for bigger Role. Saudi Arabia not only needs to start inducting submarines but also needs to induct VLS equipped Frigates and Destroyers which can fire long range cruise missiles.

to fight who ?
who's the enemy so we can understand the option

VLS equipped frigates for KSA - lets wait till the new round of frigates are finalized. In the mean time lets stay on topic and discuss subs only, shall we?

to fight who ?
To fight any enemy which appears. You have budget so better if you are prepared specially this is oil which has kept mouth shut of many countries other wise many countries hate you and there are plans to divide KSA. So fight who really ? A country known as base of Islam is asking to fight who sounds funny

i don't think saudi arabia or uae need to have sub's unless they have nukes on them

To fight any enemy which appears. You have budget so better if you are prepared specially this is oil which has kept mouth shut of many countries other wise many countries hate you and there are plans to divide KSA. So fight who really ? A country known as base of Islam is asking to fight who sounds funny
there's no need for sub's for now that is my opinion

Threats evolve, enemies become friends, and friends become enemies.
if my enemy have subs and carry some missiles with out nuckler cap it's usless and realy waste of money and lives
let we say the enemy have sub's with out nuckler cap what can he do to you
and can his sub's pass this

if my enemy have subs and carry some missiles with out nuckler cap it's usless and realy waste of money and lives
let we say the enemy have sub's with out nuckler cap what can he do to you
and can his sub's pass this
Unless you develop indigenous nuclear missiles, no one will give it to you.

Not 100% but yes the possibility of a sub slipping by, does exist.

The point of this thread is to look at platforms and what they offer, not weather one should have them or not.

Unless you develop indigenous nuclear missiles, no one will give it to you.

Not 100% but yes the possibility of a sub slipping by, does exist.

The point of this thread is to look at platforms and what they offer, not weather one should have them or not.
I think KSA and UAE do not need VLS systems but they need good silent submarines with AIP to monitor the gulf.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom