What's new

KPK System reforms agenda achieves another milestone > Biomatric system for voting approved by ECP !

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KPK System reforms agenda achieves another milestone > Biomatric system for voting approved by ECP !

f0d752e4a019fb026a710376c3f86c4b.jpg

خیبرپختونخوا میں بائیو میٹرک سسٹم کے تحت انتخابات کرانے کا آرڈیننس جاری

پشاور(دنیا نیوز)خیبر پختونخوا حکومت نے بلدیاتی حلقہ بندیوں کا اختیار الیکشن کمیشن کو دے دیا ، بائیو میٹرک سسٹم کے تحت انتخابات کرانے اور بلدیاتی حلقہ بندیوں کا اختیار الیکشن کمیشن کو دینے کا آرڈیننس جاری کر دیا گیا ہے۔

ایڈووکیٹ جنرل خیبر پختونخوا لطیف یوسفزئی نے دنیا نیوز کو بتایا کہ صوبائی حکومت نے بلدیاتی حلقہ بندیوں کے حوالے سے قانون سازی مکمل کر لی ہے۔ بلدیاتی انتخابات کیلئے حلقہ بندیوں کا اختیار الیکشن کمیشن کو دے دیا گیا ہے۔ ایڈووکیٹ جنرل خیبر پختونخوا کا کہنا ہے کہ خیبر پختونخوا حکومت نے بلدیاتی حلقہ بندیوں کا اختیار الیکشن کمیشن کو دینے اور بائیو میٹرک سسٹم کے تحت الیکشن کرانے کیلئے آرڈیننس بھی جاری کر دیا ہے جو دس اکتوبر سے نافذ العمل ہو چکا ہے۔ - See more at: Dunya News: پاکستان:-خیبرپختونخوا میں بائیو...

not only this but demarcation issue is also resolved, though I personally believe that KPK govt had done a great demarcation by making village level units. lets see how long ECP takes to do this.

Its not a milestone. Biometric will take a lot of time to be implemented and will cost even more. Delimitation is useless without holding census first. Local body election polling stations are even more than General elections so the right thing will be to plan for 2018 elections and hold census as soon as possible for delimitations. Biometric system is only realistically possible in general elections. This is just passing the buck to ECP.

View attachment 129575

خیبرپختونخوا میں بائیو میٹرک سسٹم کے تحت انتخابات کرانے کا آرڈیننس جاری

پشاور(دنیا نیوز)خیبر پختونخوا حکومت نے بلدیاتی حلقہ بندیوں کا اختیار الیکشن کمیشن کو دے دیا ، بائیو میٹرک سسٹم کے تحت انتخابات کرانے اور بلدیاتی حلقہ بندیوں کا اختیار الیکشن کمیشن کو دینے کا آرڈیننس جاری کر دیا گیا ہے۔

ایڈووکیٹ جنرل خیبر پختونخوا لطیف یوسفزئی نے دنیا نیوز کو بتایا کہ صوبائی حکومت نے بلدیاتی حلقہ بندیوں کے حوالے سے قانون سازی مکمل کر لی ہے۔ بلدیاتی انتخابات کیلئے حلقہ بندیوں کا اختیار الیکشن کمیشن کو دے دیا گیا ہے۔ ایڈووکیٹ جنرل خیبر پختونخوا کا کہنا ہے کہ خیبر پختونخوا حکومت نے بلدیاتی حلقہ بندیوں کا اختیار الیکشن کمیشن کو دینے اور بائیو میٹرک سسٹم کے تحت الیکشن کرانے کیلئے آرڈیننس بھی جاری کر دیا ہے جو دس اکتوبر سے نافذ العمل ہو چکا ہے۔ - See more at: Dunya News: پاکستان:-خیبرپختونخوا میں بائیو...

not only this but demarcation issue is also resolved, though I personally believe that KPK govt had done a great demarcation by making village level units. lets see how long ECP takes to do this.
KPK government handing out demarkation and arrangements to the same ECP management against which they have been barking all along.....A U-turn for sure...

Despite positive thing but electronic riging would be more easy in that case look for PPP & PMLN & other bogus parties look for electronic riging experts.

On the other hand where all over the world system handled by computers which are reliable & trust worthy, so hope that these electronic machine were also trusth worthy.

KPK government handing out demarkation and arrangements to the same ECP management against which they have been barking all along.....A U-turn for sure...
wow it surely takes an idiot to even find a flaw in something good for Pakistan :tup:

wow it surely takes an idiot to even find a flaw in something good for Pakistan :tup:
Probably you didn't understand what I am trying to say. You don't malign the institutions because you would have to revert to them one way or another.
More importantly, how ECP will complete delimitation without census? because without accounting for change in population, there will be no sense in redrawing constituencies.

Probably you didn't understand what I am trying to say. You don't malign the institutions because you would have to revert to them one way or another.
Well if the institutes have acknowledged their drawbacks then reverting to them is no sin....

Moreover if the said institution have published a 5 yr plan in which they want to "reform" their system and get their act right...then where is the you turn?

Besides Constructive criticism is something that should be taken in a positive manner to see your flaws and build on them...not cry someone pointed them out...

More importantly, how ECP will complete delimitation without census? because without accounting for change in population, there will be no sense in redrawing constituencies.
Then ECP should hand over their job to someone who can...We are sick and tired of people claiming yes they want a change but god forbid if they need to use their head a little for the GOOD...

As for census problem dont you think that problem was there since forever? Yet every time elections were considered "fair"...why suddenly this issue comes up?

As for sense in redrawing constituencies....I dont think you need a population count to redraw boundaries...

Last edited:
Well if the institutes have acknowledged their drawbacks then reverting to them is no sin....
There is a huge difference in malign and acknowledging.........

Moreover if the said institution have published a 5 yr plan in which they want to "reform" their system and get their act right...then where is the you turn?
U turn is not on the part of ECP but PTI.......

Besides Constructive criticism is something that should be taken in a positive manner to see your flaws and build on them...not cry someone pointed them out...
:lol: :lol:
As for census problem dont you think that problem was there since forever? Yet every time elections were considered "fair"...why suddenly this issue comes up?
The delay between two census is 10 years in Pakistan so one census usually covers two electoral cycles (given the governments are allowed their full term).
As for sense in redrawing constituencies....I dont think you need a population count to redraw boundaries...
Redrawing constituencies means re-balancing the blocks of population to standard benchmarks for Local,Provincial and National Assembly seats and thus creating new constituencies if population distribution demands so.
HOW CONSTITUENCIES ARE DEMARCHED?
All constituencies are required to be delimited having regard to the distribution of population in geographically compact areas, existing boundaries of administrative units , facilities of communication , public convenience and other cognate factors to ensure homogeneity in the creation of constituencies.

All constituencies for the general seats are, as far as possible, equal in population.

The Election Commission, which for this purpose is called the Delimitation Commission, publishes a preliminary list of constituencies and invites representations thereon.

The Commission after hearing and considering the representations , if any received by it , makes such amendments , alterations or modifications in the preliminary list as may be necessary. It then publishes in the Official Gazette the final report and the list of constituencies.
Election Commission of Pakistan

There is a huge difference in malign and acknowledging.........
I am talking about the response of the institution...

U turn is not on the part of ECP but PTI.......
Denial is a good tactic to deal with modern day stress..

The delay between two census is 10 years in Pakistan so one census usually covers two electoral cycles (given the governments are allowed their full term).
I am aware of it...but like I said earlier....its not the first time Pakistan is unsure of its census...

Redrawing constituencies means re-balancing the blocks of population to standard benchmarks for Local,Provincial and National Assembly seats and thus creating new constituencies if population distribution demands so.
Well then it wasnt us who told the ECP to dream far of reform....if they managed to dream it they should bring up the energy to implement it.....

Otherwise empty dreams are the everyday chant of every politicians and ECP has just showed it is more political than a neutral body!

Its not a milestone. Biometric will take a lot of time to be implemented and will cost even more. Delimitation is useless without holding census first. Local body election polling stations are even more than General elections so the right thing will be to plan for 2018 elections and hold census as soon as possible for delimitations. Biometric system is only realistically possible in general elections. This is just passing the buck to ECP.

Poor analysis my frined.

system gets mature with time not on it's own.

If you don't get the system in place then how would you get that working to its optimum level? Local body election is the best opportunity to hold election just to verify the system operations and it's glitches for next general election. by ur logic if system cost more and takes time than it should not be implemented!

I am with you on Delimitation and census but only that it should be conducted but i differ with you on it's timing. looking at current performance of present government it does not look like it will ever hold local bodies elections as they never did in last six years in punjab. If you want problems solved at lower level and make people accountable and responsible for their own areas then Local bodies election should be held as soon as possible so frustration at lower levels should be readily reduced. Census will take time and should be prioritise before general election.

I applaud KPK government for bringing this idea in and making it operational. People right to vote and their authority to choose with confidence and without rigging are basic norms in democracies.

Poor analysis my frined.

system gets mature with time not on it's own.

If you don't get the system in place then how would you get that working to its optimum level? Local body election is the best opportunity to hold election just to verify the system operations and it's glitches for next general election. by ur logic if system cost more and takes time than it should not be implemented!

I am with you on Delimitation and census but only that it should be conducted but i differ with you on it's timing. looking at current performance of present government it does not look like it will ever hold local bodies elections as they never did in last six years in punjab. If you want problems solved at lower level and make people accountable and responsible for their own areas then Local bodies election should be held as soon as possible so frustration at lower levels should be readily reduced. Census will take time and should be prioritise before general election.

I applaud KPK government for bringing this idea in and making it operational. People right to vote and their authority to choose with confidence and without rigging are basic norms in democracies.
I said it will cost more but more importantly it will take more "time". Check how long it took India to convert on electronic voting. It took them 10 years. If ECP use biometric on few polling stations just to test them as a pilot project then yes that is workable. If KPK makes the Local government election conditional with use of Biometric in all polling stations then this is only a tactic to delay the elections as its impossible to use them right on such a huge scale. Biometric is a must for general elections as there is enough time in that but in LG polls its impossible. Its better to have a normal polling for LG polls at the moment to address the core issues of people rather than chasing biometric and end up delaying the LG polls till general elections.

Back
Top Bottom