What's new

KJ 2000 Airborne Early Warning and Control Why dont PAF Get This

is kj-200 mounted on y-8 similar to ZDK-03?

anyway there is acute shortage of IL-76 china wants it but cant get it, india desperately searching for it but cant get it..reason is that some problem in production..
thats why phalcon system of india and kj-2000 of china are on hold..

I think kj-200 has better radar, but ZDK-03 is better since it can be the air control center.

Hi, the Ukraine has quite a few surplus Il-76 that can be refurbished and sold. However, maybe the cost and problem associated with spares is the bottleneck for China. The PAF really cannot afford an IL-76 based AWACS platform. It's budget is too small. I personally would have preferred an EMB-145 based ERIEYE platform, and a jet based Chinese AWACS. But, one has to be realistic, and live within their means!

Money is not a problem for PLA.
The problem is that we still waiting for Y-20 to replace IL-76. Maybe China won't have more KJ-2000 until Y-20 is ready.:cry:

China has problem obtaining more IL-76 because Russians decided they don't want to fulfill the contract they signed in late 1990's. They wanted more money and the process have stalled since.

Whats the performance difference in KJ 200 and ZDK 03? Anyone with a clear idea because it seems both the aircraft are in the same league using the same carrier aircrafts.. Has China inducted in ZDK 03 into service or KJ 200 will be its mainstay for tactical air control and surveillance?

I think kj-200 has better radar, but ZDK-03 is better since it can be the air control center.

You want to say that while KJ 200 is an AEW aircraft, ZDK - 03 is AWCS? Hardly seems possible since both the system have equal amount of cabin space available... and with this size carrier platforms control centers would usually remain on ground as is the case with Erieyes.

Whats the performance difference in KJ 200 and ZDK 03? Anyone with a clear idea because it seems both the aircraft are in the same league using the same carrier aircrafts.. Has China inducted in ZDK 03 into service or KJ 200 will be its mainstay for tactical air control and surveillance?

KJ-2000 and KJ-200 are two different aircrafts. Don't confuse them.

Both ZDK-03 and KJ-200 are export models, while KJ-2000 is the more capable (and more expensive) domestic version.

Both ZDK-03 and KJ-200 are export models, while KJ-2000 is the more capable (and more expensive) domestic version.

There isnt a confusion between KJ 200 & KJ 2000. My question relates to China operating two systems that fall into same category i.e. Kj 200 & ZDK 03, AEW aircrafts.. seemingly there isn't much difference in detection ranges and flight endurance due to the use of same platform. It is more of like operating E 2C & Erieye at the same time esp once you are manufacturing both of them. I was hoping if one of our learned members can shed some light on the difference between the two.

KJ 2000 is a different league and is understood as such.

There isnt a confusion between KJ 200 & KJ 2000. My question relates to China operating two systems that fall into same category i.e. Kj 200 & ZDK 03, AEW aircrafts.. seemingly there isn't much difference in detection ranges and flight endurance due to the use of same platform. It is more of like operating E 2C & Erieye at the same time esp once you are manufacturing both of them. I was hoping if one of our learned members can shed some light on the difference between the two.

KJ 2000 is a different league and is understood as such.

Both the E-2C and the erieye are based on differing detection systems.
The E-2D and erieye are more comparable.
The KJ-200 uses a blade antenna which leaves a blind spot in the rear and front of some 15 degrees.(the erieye uses a technique to compensate for this)
The ZDK-03 uses a similar array mounted in a rotating radome.. which means that it has no blind spots.
Similar endurance or not.. the ZDK-03 is superior in its detection cone.

So KJ 200 is export varient of KJ 2000 ????
.........Which band does the KJ 200 operate.........L ??? or S ???
I know KJ 2000 operates in L-band.

So KJ 200 is export varient of KJ 2000 ????
.........Which band does the KJ 200 operate.........L ??? or S ???
I know KJ 2000 operates in L-band.

KJ-2000 is unlike KJ-200, it is evident from the appearance.
KJ-200 does not have rotodome but carries balanced beam and operates in L-band.

KJ-200-AESA-AEWC-2S.jpg

the KJ-200 is based on Shaanxi Y-8, while KJ-2000 on IL-76, ZDK-03 is also based on Y-8.

The Y-8 (An-12 Cub) AEW&C prototype using a conventional radar and rotodome. This design was recently exported to Pakistan
they8an12cubaewcprototy.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom