What's new

Kingdom pressing Pakistan to abandon IP gas pipeline.

that era has gone nowadays Saudi Arabia doesn't any sort of umbrealla. we are just waiting for Iran to test its first nuclear experiment successfully:azn:

Of course , being in the Zionist camp does guarantee you that security ... When have I disagreed , my friend ?

Well it existed , if you aren't aware of the threat that Riyadh once upon a time supposedly faced from Tel Aviv , the whole point of assisting Pakistan in its nuclear program was to get a sense or real security - a sort of umbrella if they were ever attacked ... Pakistan did help Arabs in their fight against Israel - by sending advisors , pilots and other assistance ... No , Iran was never part of the deal since Islamabad was firmly in the KSA/USA camp and after the revolution , Tehran was a villain and a nexus of evil for the world not to mention an ally of our hostile neighbor ...

You yourself have mentioned - that there lies nothing such as free lunch ... I ask you again , did the Arabs help Pakistan without expecting anything in return and did they not get anything in return ?

No , it wasn't a bad thing but unfortunately the lunatic , rigid and barbaric interpretation of Islam imported from the Arab countries being taught in those institutions indeed was , which culminated in the highly radicalized society of Pakistan today ...

Again , ask yourself , without getting anything in return ? Desired results in the form of daily suicide bombing and terrorism in Pakistan ? :no: Yes , the education was their's but the mad people were Pakistanis considering blowing up people and supporting Arab even at the extent of their own national interest as some sort of religious duty ... I blame my people , equally ...

Of course Saudis did fund/help Pakistan, as much looking for desirable results in the form of a Sunni Dominated Afghanistan, as much they did it at the behest of the US (to keep a pro-USSR India engaged). But this has always been the way of business, even in the form of help, even in the name of religion.

Now that you agree that Tehran was a villain, it surely was not covered in that "umbrella". Now when Pakistan does business with Iran against the wishes of KSA, what is the guarantee that Riyadh will not be the next villain? The umbrella seems like a temporary boon that does not take time to become a deadly bane, as in the case of Libya, and Iran. I won't call it a return of favor, esp when I haven't seen any other Islamic country mentioning Pakistani Nuke Umbrella.

Pakistan may have helped Arabs, but we are specifically talking about KSA here. When did KSA engage in a significant conflict against Israel? On the contrary, they both have a very strong common ally - USA, and that ally could any time be of greater use than Pakistani forces when it comes to cooling down relations between Tel Aviv and Riyadh.

You are portraying the help of Pakistani forces as if they are unmatched and wherever they went, they couldn't be substituted. Let us be practical about it. The help that came from Saudis (even the US), could not have come from anywhere else. The unseen, untalked umbrella doesn't even come near to that.

Also, the education that came from them, came from them because Pakistani government (Zia) was too reluctant to make any investments in education, and not only the teachers, even the education had to be imported.

And I did not say that Saudis would have given a single penny to Pakistan without seeking a good return.

All I am saying is that Webmaster's calling it "settling of scores through Pakistan" on part of KSA was unjustified because KSA just wants its lunch money paid when it asks Pakistan to abandon this pipeline.

Pakistan should considers iran hostility towards Saudi Arabia and should keep in mind that Iran is now under sanctions. This Project will defiantly be causing a slight affect on the economic war Saudi Arabis is leading against Iran. However,I do think Pakistan and Saudi Arabia will reach and agreement where pakistan could proceed with pipeline project aiming toward the future. Im referring to the time after the overthrown of the current Iranian regime. Im also sure that the alternative energy deal will be more valuable putting other GCC countries into your calculation esp Qatar and the huge amount of gas they have. Simply, Pakistan will not be left alone.

Pakistan should considers iran hostility towards Saudi Arabia and should keep in mind that Iran is now under sanctions.

Have you Saudis considered countries that have hostility for Pakistan? Has that stopped you from doing business with them? You do business with pagans.

Saudi Arabia Uses India to Balance Pakistan - India Real Time - WSJ
Saudi Gazette - Investment opportunities abound in India, seminar told

Im also sure that the alternative energy deal will be more valuable putting other GCC countries into your calculation esp Qatar and the huge amount of gas they have. Simply, Pakistan will not be left alone

I think Pakistan has already looked into, and has decided an oil pipeline with Iran is more favorable for Pakistan.

that era has gone nowadays Saudi Arabia doesn't any sort of umbrealla. we are just waiting for Iran to test its first nuclear experiment successfully:azn:

We look forward to your war with Iran, it has been a long time since Arabs of the Peninsula have fought with Iranians. It will be interesting to see who is the last one breathing in the hot middle eastern desert.

1101700661-1.gif

Please post more sources, as they come along.

I wish Pakistani leaders have the vision, which I highly doubt, to reject this type of bribery. We need to have good relations with both Saudi Arabia and Iran without bringing US in the equation. But we should not become an ideological battleground for competing versions of the religion. This is where embarrassingly display our immaturity as nation.

Of course , being in the Zionist camp does guarantee you that security ... When have I disagreed , my friend ?

Not quite right.. somewhere close a friend and a neighbor...:china:

Have you Saudis considered countries that have hostility for Pakistan? Has that stopped you from doing business with them? You do business with pagans.

Saudi Arabia Uses India to Balance Pakistan - India Real Time - WSJ
Saudi Gazette - Investment opportunities abound in India, seminar told

I think Pakistan has already looked into, and has decided an oil pipeline with Iran is more favorable for Pakistan.

to the point that doesn't hurt pakistan read my OP's.

I am glad @The Legend is participating, usually Iranians and Arabs avoid these threads. Keep it civil guys, even though Pakistan should continue to cement ties with Iran on a economic and people to people basis Pakistan should not ditch the Saudis as they have helped Pakistan often as pointed out in this thread. Sure the government may have fueled some militancy in Pakistan but it was short sided Pakistani leaders who went along with it to begin with and were on board through and through. If Pakistani leaders weren't so incompetent maybe they could sit down the Saudi King and Iranian supreme leader and make them talk things out but what can one expect from Zardari.... :rolleyes: Still there will come a time when the Saudis and Iranians will work things out and so Pakistan should keep things civil with both until that time comes.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I did not say that Saudis would have given a single penny to Pakistan without seeking a good return.

All I am saying is that Webmaster's calling it "settling of scores through Pakistan" on part of KSA was unjustified because KSA just wants its lunch money paid when it asks Pakistan to abandon this pipeline.

Mate , haven't I told you that I blame my countrymen and leadership equally for the radicalization that has hurt my country more than any enemy could ever dream of ?

Quid pro Quos ? Isn't it again ? Then why are you contradicting yourself by going over and over the things the Kingdom has done for us without even considering a single that Pakistan has done for them ? :azn: Honestly , I am not sure what is troubling you in understanding the " Umbrella concept " in which these countries provided money in return for a protection from Israel and Pakistani help in future wars ? It maybe temporary ( I do agree on that part ) but how is that not a return of the favor ? I cant think of any reason how exactly doing business with Iran is like making Riyadh an enemy , please clarify me on that ?

Exactly what help came from KSA that even USA couldn't provide ? The intense radicalization of my country and making it a battleground of Sunni vs Shia or more specifically Arab/Persian rivalry ? I am not portraying my forces help to disproportionate level , I am merely saying that they were there when they were asked for help ...

Not that I can read @WebMaster mind but what I deduce from his posts was that " the debt has already been paid " or " the favor has been returned " so there's no question of giving KSA any lunch money back ...

So how is importing gas from iran and filling our energy needs hurting you guys?

I am yet to understand that ... Comparing it to the defense deals that they are signing with our enemy , this isn't even 1 raised to the power -100 !

Last edited by a moderator:
That's fine, and Pakistan will have relations with Iran to the point that doesn't hurt Saudi Arabia.

Totally agree. therefore the pipeline is going to hurt Saudi Arabia.

So how is importing gas from iran and filling our energy needs hurting you guys?

filling your energy needs is not hurting at all but importing yes why?. Saudi Arabia has made many concessions to keep in stabilizing energy prices pushing for further economic isolation on Iran. Implementing the pipeline will give iran source of income.

filling your energy needs is not hurting at all but importing yes why?. Saudi Arabia has made many concessions to keep in stabilizing energy prices pushing for further economic isolation on Iran. Implementing the pipeline will give iran source of income.

Don't worry the pipeline isn't going to hurt you unless you make it into an issue, the pipeline is going to benefit Pakistan's energy demand which has to be Pakistan's first priority. Hope you understand.

Implementing the pipeline will give iran source of income

If it's about additional income to Iran what about the additional income you are giving to a country hostile to Pakistan?

http://news.oneindia.in/2010/03/01/indiasaudi-arabia-sign-fiveagreements.html

http://www.business-standard.com/ge...eks-to-boost-maritime-tiessaudi-arabia/95241/

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentid=20121211145628

What about this additional income?

Back
Top Bottom