What's new

King Abdullah: Zardari is rotten

Awesome

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Saudi king's 'rotten' Zardari greatest obstacle to Pak progress remark may hit ties

King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia had called President Asif Ali Zardari the greatest obstacle to Pakistan's progress, according to a cache of confidential U.S diplomatic cables made public by WikiLeaks.

The material was released to the New York Times and other organizations, and discloses frank comments behind closed doors.

Dispatches from early this year, for instance, quote the aging monarch of Saudi Arabia, King Abdullah, as speaking scathingly about the leaders of Iraq and Pakistan.

Speaking to an Iraqi official about Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Kamal al-Maliki, King Abdullah said: "You and Iraq are in my heart, but that man is not."

The King called Zardari the greatest obstacle to Pakistan's progress, and added: "When the head is rotten, it affects the whole body."

The remarks by the Saudi King explain why relations between Pakistan and the Saudi kingdom have remained cool and almost frozen during the current rule of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), the News reports.

The reported feelings of the Saudi King about Zardari also explain, to some extent, why a Saudi member of the Royal family sent a scathing letter about corruption in the Pakistani Haj operations.

WikiLeaks, founded by Australian Julian Assange, has previously published tens of thousands of documents detailing the U.S. handlings of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

He is regarded as a digital folk hero by many and a dangerous menace by the American government.

The Pentagon has even claimed that WikiLeaks has put U.S. and allied soldiers in danger. (ANI)

More hilarious than anything else. I wonder if Zardari asked him for a cut as well.

May be 10% was demanded from Haj fund also...
BTW this is not an improbable statement...Everybody concerned about Pakistan has same feeling for its president.

its zardari's grin and cheesy smile lol i dont know how he can smile so much

This is indeed damaging .. A country's head has bad mouthed another country's President.

No matter how bad the person really is, nobody should say something deregatory of this scale about another nation with dignity.

This is indeed damaging .. A country's head has bad mouthed another country's President.

No matter how bad the person really is, nobody should say something deregatory of this scale about another nation with dignity.

Dude its wikileaks :D theres more to come people say things about everyone but now we actually know the truth how these leaders really are and what they really think instead of the fake image they give in television or newspapers

Dude its wikileaks :D theres more to come people say things about everyone but now we actually know the truth how these leaders really are and what they really think instead of the fake image they give in television or newspapers

Anyway its good that we havent yet seen anything or anyone bad mouthing the person who is representing "our' nation yet.

If so its a thing to protest.

Anyway its good that we havent yet seen anything or anyone bad mouthing the person who is representing "our' nation yet.

If so its a thing to protest.

'yet' being the key word the leaks have just started im sure there will be some things on India as well theres hundreds of files from wikileaks still not been put in public.

Check out the bigger thread guys i posted there regarding India a single article i found just few minutes back. That was really funny.

'yet' being the key word the leaks have just started im sure there will be some things on India as well theres hundreds of files from wikileaks still not been put in public.

Lets wait finger crossed. if so its gonna be a big issue and i am sure we will be asking tough questions regarding that to anyone who says it.

Afterall a nation with dignity cant turn a blind eye on any remark on its premier for sure.

How will it affect the KSA-Pakistan relations ?

What is the reaction of PPP and PPP members to this ?

P.s.:Its my personal opinion that no matter how bad Zardari be,it does not warrant a third country to comment on this.Pakistanis have all the right in the world to abuse him , But Saudis --NO.

This is private conversation, and anybody can have any view.
Wonder what zardari thinks of the king!

In defense of zardari: He is elected representative of pakistan, a democratic country. He did not become corrupt suddenly, and was elected inspite of his corruption.

Well this definitely will somewhat ruin relations between Saudi Arabia and pakistan.. any thought of what might happen between the two?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom