What's new

King Abdullah: Zardari is rotten

How will it affect the KSA-Pakistan relations ?

What is the reaction of PPP and PPP members to this ?

P.s.:Its my personal opinion that no matter how bad Zardari be,it does not warrant a third country to comment on this.Pakistanis have all the right in the world to abuse him , But Saudis --NO.

You are acting as if this was a public statement. Publicly, the Saudis have said no such thing. Zardari may dislike Abdullah but he too will not say anything like this publicly.

Reminder: these are *leaked* documents. Not something intended for the public at large.

So it shouldn't come as a shock that world leaders speak their minds in private.

You are acting as if this was a public statement. Publicly, the Saudis have said no such thing. Zardari may dislike Abdullah but he too will not say anything like this publicly.

Reminder: these are *leaked* documents. Not something intended for the public at large.

So it shouldn't come as a shock that world leaders speak their minds in private.

I understand that this is not a public statement and never was meant for the common man. But isnt this significant nevertheless that now the elected President of Pakistan knows what the King of KSA thinks about him?

What is the reaction of the common PPP man to this ?

PS: Please dont read too much between the lines in my posts - I just wanted to know what is the general reaction.

If it is because of the bolded part --then its NOT Zardari who is rotten.

Hehehe :-) It's not because of the bolded part. Otherwise he would have said something similar about Quaid-e-Azam, Yusuf Raza Gilani, Shah Mehmood Qureshi and various others :-)

Let's not make this into a sectarian discussion.

Zardari's office responded by saying the president regards the king as an "elder brother." "The so-called leaks are no more than an attempt to create misperceptions between two important and brotherly Muslim countries," his spokesman Farhatullah Babar told Reuters.

* In July 2009, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed, Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces and de facto defense chief, said Zardari was "dirty but not dangerous." Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif was "dangerous but not dirty -- this is Pakistan." He said Sharif, who heads the main opposition party to Zardari, could not be trusted to honor his promises

Pakistan defends nuclear stance revealed by WikiLeaks | Reuters

Hehehe :-) It's not because of the bolded part. Otherwise he would have said something similar about Quaid-e-Azam, Yusuf Raza Gilani, Shah Mehmood Qureshi and various others :-)

Ohhh never knew all of them were not Sunnis. Anyway it was not my intention.

Last edited:
I understand that this is not a public statement and never was meant for the common man. But isnt this significant nevertheless that now the elected President of Pakistan knows what the King of KSA thinks about him?

What is the reaction of the common PPP man to this ?

We say things about the Saudis and Iranians all the time too. Apno'n mein aisa hota hay :-)

Here is how Zardari responded, by the way:

Zardari's office responded by saying the president regards the king as an "elder brother." "The so-called leaks are no more than an attempt to create misperceptions between two important and brotherly Muslim countries," his spokesman Farhatullah Babar told Reuters.

The Associated Press: Pakistan criticizes release of secret US cables

But it is well known that Nawas sharif is the darling of the Saudi royal family I heard there was some sort of pact signed by Sharif and the Saudi royal family that was valid for 10 years and barred him from taking part in active politics during this period in return for the dropping of criminal charges against him sounds like a sweet deal to me.

You're probably right. It's mostly the second part.

it is well known that Nawas sharif is the darling of the Saudi royal family I heard there was some sort of pact signed by Sharif and the Saudi royal family that was valid for 10 years and barred him from taking part in active politics during this period in return for the dropping of criminal charges against him sounds like a sweet deal to me.

With the assistance of Mark Lyall Grant (read UK)

What i don't understand is if zardari is so corrupt and so bad why was he elected in the first place given his history?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom