What's new

King Abdulaziz Center for World Culture

Arabian Legend

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
king abdulaziz center for world culture

One of the boldest Saudi Aramco initiatives to date, the King Abdulaziz Center for World Culture (the Cultural Center) seeks to support the Kingdom’s continuous efforts towards social and intellectual progress, with a particular interest in creative cultural development.

Our institution is scheduled to open in 2015 and will house a world-class library, archives, a lifelong learning center, youth enrichment and innovation programs, a four-gallery museum and children’s museum, a wide variety of permanent and visiting exhibits, live events and multimedia venues, along with cafes, gift shops, and much more, designed to both inspire and entertain.

Located in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, our Center is being built near the famed Prosperity Well, a national landmark that commemorates where oil was first discovered in Saudi Arabia in commercial quantities. Recognizing the Kingdom’s original source of prosperity, the Cultural Center seeks to support the development of an even greater source of wealth – a skilled and creative community – for generations to come.

While the building is under construction, hundreds of innovative and exciting programs and workshops are under development. We are also taking special care to design an interactive visitor experience so that art, cultureand learning offerings feature the latest technological innovations.

max_baaf5b7bc02ad65c4a9b4d1822a6327a.jpg

37648400.jpg

max_10c34b17d74f75b52f7b406f72244228.jpg

SNO_ITHRA_V1HIGWAY_FINALEmedium2.jpg

2s98v4i.jpg

Snohetta_KAAC_Saudi_Arabie_Copyright_Snohetta_8_S.jpg

1199_view06_v009_edited.jpg

render%20%283%29.jpg

KAAC_GreatHall%202_revised%202_Exhibition_www.mir_.no__1.jpg

1199_view09_v011_edited.jpg

I strongly recommend watching this introductory videos esp the first one.

The Center is currently under construction and scheduled to open in 2015. More pics to be posted.

Looks awesome...But

the Cultural Center seeks to support the development of an even greater source of wealth – a skilled and creative community – for generations to come.
Oh and I thought it was something to do with bridging world culture...so its a technological center like technology transfer?

Looks awesome...But

Oh and I thought it was something to do with bridging world culture...so its a technological center like technology transfer?

Its actually brining world cultures to KSA partnering with many world countries. For more info about the center I will have to direct you to these two links, they will give you a better understanding about the vision of KACWC.

King Abdulaziz Center for World Culture | King Abdulaziz Center for World Culture

http://www.saudiaramco.com/content/dam/Publications/Dimensions international/Dimensions_International_Winter2011/CenterforWorld.pdf

Please do take a look at them.

Last edited:
Its actually brining world cultures to KSA partnering with many world countries. For for info about the center I will have to direct you to these two links, they will give you a better understanding about the vision of KACWC.

King Abdulaziz Center for World Culture | King Abdulaziz Center for World Culture

http://www.saudiaramco.com/content/dam/Publications/Dimensions international/Dimensions_International_Winter2011/CenterforWorld.pdf

Please do take a look at them.
Brother everywhere they write this: The Kingdom’s home for knowledge, creativity and cross-cultural engagement but Saudi doesnt allow other cultures....hence my question...this center is only for knowledge based education and awareness....nothing to do with culture..fair enough the technological culture maybe...

Even if it is for knowledge that is good enough! Awesome :tup:

Brother everywhere they write this: The Kingdom’s home for knowledge, creativity and cross-cultural engagement but Saudi doesnt allow other cultures....hence my question...this center is only for knowledge based education and awareness....nothing to do with culture..fair enough the technological culture maybe...

Even if it is for knowledge that is good enough! Awesome :tup:

Saudi Arabia does actually allow cultural engagement and multicultural environment but not at the expense of its own culture. If you read the second pdf link I provided in my previous post, you will know the objective of this Center. Nevertheless what you wrote is partially correct.

Last edited:
That building looks like it has a hard-on. lol

You are just envious because you suffer from impotence. Much like your national team yesterday I heard. Let us see if you manage to progress from the group stage in a World Cup for the first time and join the ranks of KSA.

mkzs6c.png

Anyway a great project. KSA and the GCC overall undoubtedly are building the most grand projects out there in the region by far. It will be awesome to see what the future will bring in 10 years time.

You are just envious because you suffer from impotence. Much like your national team yesterday I heard. Let us see if you manage to progress from the group stage in a World Cup for the first time and join the ranks of KSA.

mkzs6c.png

Anyway a great project. KSA and the GCC overall undoubtedly are building the most grand projects out there in the region by far. It will be awesome to see what the future will bring in 10 years time.
Welcome back! Exams over?

Welcome back! Exams over?

Thanks! 1 oral exam left for tomorrow. Pretty damn nervous to be honest as I am not as well-prepared as I would like to be. But I have had that feeling on numerous occasions before and yet I managed to archieve results that I wanted or at least respectable ones in the worst case scenarios.

Thanks! 1 oral exam left for tomorrow. Pretty damn nervous to be honest as I am not as well-prepared as I would like to be. But I have had that feeling on numerous occasions before and yet I managed to archieve results that I wanted or at least respectable ones in the worst case scenarios.
good luck

mkzs6c.png

Not at all. We showed a splendid defensive effort. It was a boring game but the main goal of our coach CQ was to avoid a loss in the first match, leaving it more open in final game against Bosnia.
The danish commentator, while complaining that this was the most boring match of the World Cup, did praise Iran's discipline, organization and stamina in the defence and defensive midfield.
Still, boring game. But we achieved what we set out to do.

1 point in first game against African Champions of 2013, is not too bad, is it? :)

I dont expect Iran to advance anyway, but I hope we can spring a suprise or two.

In illustrations all i see are Arabs, is this their vision for world culture?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom