What's new

Khilafah in simple words

safe_image.php
abdulmejid.jpg

Ottoman Turkey Crest 1924
In this thread we will explore the key concepts of Khilafah in simple and easy to understand words
Most People give missinformation about khalifah

1- I am not Wahabi. neither it is a pagan class. It is the most advanced system of governance the world has ever and will ever know. (For ref. read the first post of this thread)

That is such a self serving statement, read it a few times to yourself, you'll see how ludicrous it really sounds.

2- Only the system of succession became malookiat. The legal justice system remained Islamic. You are not a bigger scholar that Maulan Muhammad Ali Jauher and Maulana Mahmood ul Hassan of Deoband.

So even if the top authority is UnIslamic - the state itself remains Islamic ? - Bootiyaan halal, Shorba haram? :D

3- It is allowed under Islamic law to have sex with female slaves. So they did not commit adultery legally.

No my friend, sex outside of Nikkah is Zina, punishable by death. There is no Jabr in Islam as per the Quran and you are seriously not telling me that them ladies in herems were there because they loved being there instead of being forced or lured. If there is no Jabr in Islam than how can 'sex slaves' be 'legal'?

4- All 4 schools of thought accept Hadith as a sources of Islamic Law. This work against Hadith has been done by jewish scholars and other such elements. As I said earlier it is part of attack on Islam. Please get over this propaganda. this is not the place for debate on hadith.

Forgive me but i think all 4 of them are full of BS.

5- Khilafah was established by Ijmah of Sahabah and Ulema and they accept it to this day. Tell me do you also don't accept Ijmah as well as hadith.

I will live and support such a system ONLY if it doesn't become Malookiat, Dictatorship, Class based divisions and all non Muslims and women must have equal rights.

6- I asked you are you prepared to accept Mithaq i Medina as a constitution?

The population of Medina was a salt grain compared to modern Muslim population. That 1400 year old constitution is not valid for being a modern constitution of a state with 200 million muslims, however we can use it as a building block of a constitution which btw the Pakistani constitution actually is!

A metropolitan Fiqh is need of the hour and answer to all the problems rooting in Islam.

Qaradawi says IS caliphate violates Shariah

DOHA, Qatar: Prominent Sunni Muslim scholar Yusef Al-Qaradawi said on Saturday that the declaration of an Islamic caliphate by jihadists fighting the governments in Syria and Iraq violates Shariah law.
Last Sunday, the jihadists of the Islamic State (IS) group declared a caliphate in areas they control in Iraq and Syria and ordered Muslims worldwide to pledge allegiance to their leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi, under the name “caliph Ibrahim.”
Qatar-based Qaradawi, seen as a spiritual guide of the Muslim Brotherhood in his native Egypt, said in a statement that the declaration “is void under shariah.”
We look forward to the coming, as soon as possible, of the caliphate,” Qaradawi said, of the form of pan-Muslim government last seen under the Ottoman Empire.
But the declaration issued by the Islamic State is void under Sharia and has dangerous consequences for the Sunnis in Iraq and for the revolt in Syria,” he added.
The influential cleric said the declaration and nomination of Baghdadi by a jihadist group “known for its atrocities and radical views” fail to meet strict conditions dictated by Sharia.

The title of caliph, he said, can “only be given by the entire Muslim nation” not by a single group.

Since last Sunday, other leading Muslim figures have denounced the announcement by the Islamic State, which was previously known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

A caliphate is fundamentally a universal Islamic state ruled by a single leader with both political and religious authority.
Many Sunnis associate the caliphate with a golden age of Islam, but the declaration made by the Islamic State has triggered indignation among those who see it as heresy.

Al-Azhar, the top authority of Sunni Islam, “believes that all those who are today speaking of an Islamic State are terrorists,” senior representative Sheikh Abbas Shuman told AFP earlier this week.

The Islamic caliphate can’t be restored by force. Occupying a country and killing half of its population... this is not an Islamic state, this is terrorism,” he said.
Rebels in Syria, who have been battling the jihadists who have infuriated many by their brutality, have branded the caliphate announcement as “null and void.”
Jordanian Al-Qaeda cleric Issam Barqawi, known as Abu Mohammed Al-Maqdessi, also denounced it, warning it will lead to more bloodshed.

Qaradawi says IS caliphate violates Shariah | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

@Contrarian l I've been reading Hindu texts for quite a while, just like i read the Torah, the Bible even the Book of Mormon. :D

Biggest give away of these Islamofascist, pseudo Islamic thugs is that they will ALWAYS refer to the Books of Ahadi'th, which were compiled much after the Prophet PBUH had passed.

Quran was revealed completely in 23 years and is the only authentic source of law. If Sharia is sourced from the Quran instead of the Ahadith, it would look much like modern democracy. Islamofascists take Ahadith as the main source of Sharia as it allows them the grey areas to establish the tyranny they so desire.

7 days before His passing the Prophet PBUH, stated 'Today your system/way of life has been completed and so has Allah's blessings been bestowed completely'.

No book of Hadith existed at that time. Islamofascists can go and smoke bong as their apartheid can simply be rejected for the source of their lawd wasn't ratified by the Prophet PBUH, which makes it non binding!

The first constitution of the Islamic state was written based on the Quran not the Ahadith.
I am happy for you. More knowledge always leads to better discussions.
Just as an anecdote - once you are done with Hindu texts ie Vedas, read the Avesta. Ridiculously similar in everything from grammar to stories. You will have to compensate in phenotics though, because of phonetics it appears avesta is different, once you compensate for it, you realize the wonders.

1912246_358587294282574_542268300_n.jpg

THE OTTOMAN CRICKET CLUB, SOUTH AFRICA'S OLDEST CRICKET CLUB

The Ottoman Cricket Club, which derived it’s name from the great Ottoman Empire, was founded in 1882 in the Bo-Kaap.

1907593_378914395583197_96189189699276561_n.jpg

OTTOMAN JERUSALEM, RAILWAY, PALESTINE, 1875

Last edited:
If Islam forbids nationalism than why did the Prophet SAW said this? - Please bring a specific answer for i'm getting board of your copy pasting and dogmatic narrative which clearly depicts how narrow minded of a human you really are.

6.When Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was migrating from Makkah and going to Madinah, he turned his face towards Makkah and said, “ Makkah I love you and I know you love me but your people have forced me to leave you”.

The Prophet PBUH loved his birthplace and Khana Kaaba that is all there is to it. He lived in Medina even after conquest of Makkah. Loving one's people and origins does not mean that one nation has right to govern others. Quran Majeed says that tribes and nations are for recognition.

No my friend, sex outside of Nikkah is Zina, punishable by death. There is no Jabr in Islam as per the Quran and you are seriously not telling me that them ladies in herems were there because they loved being there instead of being forced or lured. If there is no Jabr in Islam than how can 'sex slaves' be 'legal'?

I will live and support such a system ONLY if it doesn't become Malookiat, Dictatorship, Class based divisions and all non Muslims and women must have equal rights.

1- Read about slaves in the Quran.
2- Minorities and women are different so they are treated differently.

a) Minorities are given protection. Plz read about spanish jews invited to Ottoman empire when they were evicted from Spain.
b) Women are given all sorts of protection. They are not used as sex objects in TV programs, bank sales persons or as hostesses on aeroplanes and Daewoo service. they are allowed to work for their livelihood but in a safe way.
c) Malookiat is a corruption of Khilafat succession system.

Last edited:
10404913_409399502534686_1405739296549234481_n.jpg

An Ottoman Soldier

10402415_410361959105107_3463226843226858805_n.jpg

Ottoman Alpine Troops

@r2t2
You appears to be more knowledgeable in this matters.Can you throw some light regarding these issues pertaining ideal caliphate..
1.Will there be freedom of religion to all citizens..?To convert to whatever religion he thinks is right and propagate it..?Or will a muslim converting to other religion be killed as an apostate..?
2.Rights of non muslims..
-Will they have at least some representation in govt offices..?
-Will their testimony in court considered of equal value of a muslim..?
2.Rights of women..
-Will she be considered equal to man in court of law?I've heard that prophet muhammed wanted to consider women's testimony to be of half value to that of a man
3.Taxation..
-Will there be some measures to equalise zakat and jizya,since in hadiths zakat is strictly caped at 2.5% while the rate of jizya is conveniently not mentioned..?

And also,if ottoman caliphate was an example of islamic caliphate,how could caliphs live a life of extreme luxury and alcoholic intoxications,keeping hundreds of sex slaves in harems!!What kind of islamic caliphate is that when the core itself was rotten from islamic perspective..?

@r2t2
You appears to be more knowledgeable in this matters.Can you throw some light regarding these issues pertaining ideal caliphate..

1- Khilafah is an ideological state. It does not allow muslims to convert to other religions. Just like China does not allow Falun Gong sect.

2- Rights of non-muslims
a) Non-Muslims will have representation in office. They cannot become Khalifah or join armed forces. They have been used extensively in the revenue deptt. in the past eg Iranians and Hindus. However non-muslims have served in armed forces e.g. Akbar the Great and Sher Shah Suri.
b) Non-Muslim testimony is equal to that of a muslim

3- Women have half a testimony as compared to men. Haven't studied this aspect but I think its mentioned in the Quran.
The reason given is that they become confused and cannot clearly recall an event. So, if there are two of them, they help each other in remembering.

4- There is no need to equalize them. They are different heads. Zakat is 2.5 % of wealth, while Jizya is a tax for protection of non muslims as they don't fight to protect the country. The rate will vary depending upon the situation but the non-muslims are not to be overburdened. There may be other taxes on all the citizens like customs duty, income tax etc. because the facilities that a modern state provides are more than the previous state.

5- The succession system of Khailafah became corrupt and Malookiat started. But the legal system i.e Shariah was enforced in all other aspects. The inclusion of non-muslim women in harem and their influence on the Sultan and his children was also a major factor in the decline of Ottoman empire.

15195_1470658489845777_5542887598176606170_n.jpg

Ottoman Coat of Arms

10426670_1469246669986959_5931303817640849607_n.jpg

Ottoman revolver with coat of arms

Back
Top Bottom