What's new

Khan Syed Mehsud Alias Sajna replaces Hakimullah Mehsud as new TTP chief

Patriots

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Khan Syed Mehsud alias Sajna was appointed the new Tehreek-Taliban-Pakistan chief after the death of Hakimullah Mehsud, Express Newsreported on Saturday.

The late TTP chief Hakimullah Mehsud, who was in his thirties, had been killed in a US drone strike in North Waziristan Agency on November 1 and wasburied last night at an unknown location.

Shocked at thetragic killing of Mehsud, senior Pakistan Taliban leaders were engaged in hectic consultations to elect new chief Taliban according to sources.

Taliban leaders faced the huge task of reaching a consensus on this decision as there were several possible candidates. Traditionally Mehsuds from South Waziristan have held the top TTP positions since its inception in 2007.

Taliban sources had toldThe Express Tribuneon Saturday that Hafiz Saeed, who presently heads the TTP in Orakzai agency, also emerged as a possible candidate for the highest post when the Taliban leaders had informal discussions to choose the new leader late Friday.

Saeed, 33, who received religious education at one of the main ‘madrassas’ in Karachi, led the Taliban fighters in the mountainous Tirah valley in Khyber agency. He had been very close to all Mehsuds and enjoys respect among the Taliban leaders because of his religious credentials and his prowess as a fighter. If the Mehsuds endorse Saeed’s nomination, he could easily secure the TTP leadership, a Taliban leader had earlier said.

The Swat Taliban chief, Maulvi Fazalullah, was also on the list of possible contenders. Currently leading his Malakand fighters in eastern Afghanistan, Fazalullah in a recent video had announced allegiance to Hakimullah Mehsud and also agreed to his dialogue policy.

A Taliban commander had also included the name of Omer Khalid Khurasani, the TTP leader in Mohmand Agency, in list of the possible candidates. However the Taliban leaders are of the view he has little chances to get the slot.

Some reports mentioned the name of Qari Walayat Mehsud, identified as a first cousin of Hakimullah, as a possible candidate for the position. However, Taliban leaders say they have never heard of Walayat. Many Taliban use alias to hide their real names such as Hakimullah Mehsud whose real name was Jamshed Mehsud.

Taliban had said that the central ‘shura’ or council can also nominate any other person.

Baitullah Mehsud, who was also killed in a drone strike along with his wife in 2009, had launched the TTP in 2007 after he succeeded to unite all splinter factions.

The former TTP Chief, Maulvi Faqir Mohammad from Bajaur, had declared himself as the TTP chief after the killing of Baitullah Mehsud. However, Hakimullah Mehsud, was then appointed as the new leader. Faqir was also removed from the deputy chief post. He was arrested by Afghan security agencies earlier this year.

Alias Sajna
khan-said-new-commander.jpg

Khan Syed Mehsud, alias Sajna, who has not received modern or religious education, is revered in the TTP because of his bravery in the battlefield. He was a close associate of Baitullah Mehsud.

Born in Zangara in Sararogh, a sub-division of South Waziristan, he belongs to Shabi Khel, a sub-tribe of Mehsud. The founder of TTP, Baitullah Mehsud had also belonged to the same tribe.

Sajna, 37, was a close friend of Hakimullah and is said to have been a key figure behind many deadly attacks that took place across the tribal belt of Pakistan.

As one member here remarked on the selection of the previous " terrorist " that " Each time they try to avenge the death of their previous leader , their current one dies " :D

May a Predator rise up again and take you out !

As one member here remarked on the selection of the previous " terrorist " that " Each time they try to avenge the death of their previous leader , their current one dies " :D

May a Predator rise up again and take you out !

Amen to that. May the Predator fly high, fly far and hit hard, where it really hurts. 
please amrika more drones so that sajna can also meet his male sajinis in their heavenZ

LOLL. What kinda name is that? Sajna; LOLLL. The guy really needs his 72 Sajnis soon.

Hakimullah Mehsud was liked by Americas till he worked for them but when he started to talk with pakistan for peace he was killed .....
and slowly americans will kill all their TTP friends b4 NATO escaping from afghanistan in 2014....

Hakimullah Mehsud was liked by Americas till he worked for them but when he started to talk with pakistan for peace he was killed .....
and slowly americans will kill all their TTP friends b4 NATO escaping from afghanistan in 2014....

Oh please , either he is working for the Americans or the Indians or the Martians or he's one of us - a byproduct of the same extremist ideology brought during the Afghan war ? Quickly decide , which one is he ? If he's a foreign agent then there's no need to have a dialogue with him since he's obviously not going to listen to you or if he's one of us then have the courage to accept here that our own people are extremist in their approach , follow a rigid and inflexible and barbaric ideology and are involved in extremism and will not stop at anything to " enforce on gun point " their interpretation of religion and their ways . I will wait for your answer . I haven't seen a more confused bunch of people labeled as a " nation " @Oscar .

[quote="
LOLL. What kinda name is that? Sajna; LOLLL. The guy really needs his 72 Sajnis soon.[/quote]
inshallah

@Patriots

Hey ,mate . You can answer it too - but check the context first what I was replying to , because trust me that Americans killing their own agents doesn't make sense at least to me , my friend :D

"Sajna", what kind of name is that? Sounds like a girl to me...

@Patriots

Hey ,mate . You can answer it too - but check the context first what I was replying to , because trust me that Americans killing their own agents doesn't make sense at least to me , my friend :D

I agree with @pk_baloch ... Do you think America has any interest in those terrorists who are killing to Pakistanis..???? I think NO ... But such leader of terrorist who tries to talk with Pakistan ... They kill him :undecided: America doesn't want peace in Pakistan ............

I agree with @pk_baloch ... Do you think America has any interest in those terrorists who are killing to Pakistanis..???? I think NO ... But such leader of terrorist who tries to talk with Pakistan ... They kill him :undecided: America doesn't want peace in Pakistan ............

Why exactly is an American agent on CIA payroll willing to talk to Pakistan first of all ? Second , if he is even , then obviously he's following his agency orders , what say you ? You see , it isn't logical for a country to kill its own agents . As for the American interest in killing terrorists that are killing Pakistanis , every TTP leader or member killed in drone strikes or inside Afghanistan was involved in the murder of our people , wasn't he ? The coalition has killed more TTP top brass than the Pakistan Army has , this is the ground reality . You think these terrorists - religious in nature want peace in Pakistan after murdering 64,000 of your countrymen , mate ? :azn:

please amrika more drones so that sajna can also meet his male sajinis in their heavenZ
First you guys bellyache and shout from the rooftops lambasting America for the drone strikes on Pakistani territory calling it an assault on your sovereignty and the worst form of HR violations, and now you're begging them to continue with the drone strikes!!! WTF?

Jeeeez! :P

Back
Top Bottom