What's new

"Khan" surname: Is the title name only carried by Pashtuns, Punjabis, Mohajirs or other ethnicities?

what? Can you please provide with the authentic Hadith or verse from the Quran for further exploration of what you just said?

bhai ne bola gunah hai to bas gunah hai. bhai ne akkha bharat per jhanda lehrana hai

Agree. In Azad Kashmir we can easily identify Rajput(we call them Raja's). The way they behave, treat you, understand your points, life style, even if he is poor he will be intellectual/intelligent, and will understand your points easily and will treat you good.

Although I dont treat people differently but from experience being friends with some low cast people makes your life hell, they can't even understand your points and understand it from a narrow point of view, then twist your words, or they give you proper stupid advice and later on they be following the same thing. At times their houses are messy and unclean(although you could easily hide this). They maybe super rice but their intellect is dead.

Could anyone tell me what I am dealing with please lol, seriously. You dont know how difficult it is to deal with this unless you get the experience. I guarantee all the highly educated PDF members will be depressed and will run a mile :D

Yes, I understand your points brother. This is why our bozorg always ask lineages and identity of people before doing business, discussing marriages, or simply being family friends. They have to judge compatibility.

We, the new generation, do not have such concepts. We discount their views as narrow minded, but then we also get burned alot by others.

It is good to find a middle ground, we should not trust anyone immediately but they can earn that trust with time.

So what were you before you became Muslim?

Not going to make something up, the answer is I cant say for sure when we converted or how long ago it was. I have seen the family tree going back 700years but cant guarantee if its authentic or not.

But from my mums side were from Pindi, punjabi chaudharies very clever and educated, very chalaak as they say and full of life.

Dad side is abit difficult to trace, our family came from Attock and believe it migrated from Afghan/Persian regions to settle here. Very hot headed, physical fighters, very blunt and businessmen, very hard to get on with and keep a grudge for 100years lol

How about yourself?

Not going to make something up, the answer is I cant say for sure when we converted or how long ago it was. I have seen the family tree going back 700years but cant guarantee if its authentic or not.

But from my mums side were from Pindi, punjabi chaudharies very clever and educated, very chalaak as they say and full of life.

Dad side is abit difficult to trace, our family came from Attock and believe it migrated from Afghan/Persian regions to settle here. Very hot headed, physical fighters, very blunt and businessmen, very hard to get on with.

How about yourself?

I came from the hospital.

You do know British built the Attock town to play their great game in Afghanistan and outside the town, the Afghan dissidents settled for trade and espionage.

You should get your own YouTube ertugul chowdary channel

I feel attacked. lol.

Lol they are though. Very posh aswell, be happy now :lol:

I came from the hospital.

You do know British built the Attock town to play their great game in Afghanistan and outside the town, the Afghan dissidents settled for trade and espionage.

You should get your own YouTube ertugul chowdary channel

No I didn't know, thanks for letting me know.
Good name for a YouTube channel
Come on you can do better than that, am sure the hospital has a name:lol:

what? Can you please provide with the authentic Hadith or verse from the Quran for further explanation of what you just said?

No problem, sister. Here you go. I found these sources from this website http://www.sunnah.com

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Do not deny your fathers (i.e. claim to be the sons of persons other than your fathers), and whoever denies his father, is charged with disbelief."
Sahih al-Bukhari 6768, Book 85, Hadith 44

It was narrated from ‘Amr bin Shu’aib, from his father, from his grandfather, that the Prophet (ﷺ) said:
“It is disbelief for a man to attribute himself to someone other than his father knowingly, or to deny his connection to his father, even subtly.”*
Sahih al-Bukhari, Book 23, Hadith 2849

Narrated Abu Dhar:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "If somebody claims to be the son of any other than his real father knowingly, he but disbelieves in Allah, and if somebody claims to belong to some folk to whom he does not belong, let such a person take his place in the (Hell) Fire."
Sahih al-Bukhari 3508, Book 61, Hadith 18

Narrated `Abdullah bin `Umar:
We used not to call Zaid bin Haritha the freed slave of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) except Zaid bin Muhammad till the Qu'anic Verse was revealed: "Call them (adopted sons) by (the names of) their fathers. That is more than just in the Sight of Allah." (33.5)
Sahih al-Bukhari, Book 65, Hadith 4782

Call them by [the names of] their fathers; it is more just in the sight of Allah . But if you do not know their fathers - then they are [still] your brothers in religion and those entrusted to you. And there is no blame upon you for that in which you have erred but [only for] what your hearts intended. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful. -Quran 33:5

Very hot headed, physical fighters, very blunt and businessmen, very hard to get on with and keep a grudge for 100years lol

Rajputs are the same. We also get angry quickly, but also cool down quick. Sometimes grudges last too long.

That is why Punjabis call Rajputs as Pukhtoon dimag. It is no wonder why we intermarry with Pukhtoons readily also. Half my family are married with Pukhtoons like Niazis. There is alot of Hindko and Pukhto being spoken, so I pick up some in addition to my theth Faisalabadi punjabi.

No problem, sister. Here you go. I found these sources from this website http://www.sunnah.com

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Do not deny your fathers (i.e. claim to be the sons of persons other than your fathers), and whoever denies his father, is charged with disbelief."
Sahih al-Bukhari 6768, Book 85, Hadith 44

It was narrated from ‘Amr bin Shu’aib, from his father, from his grandfather, that the Prophet (ﷺ) said:
“It is disbelief for a man to attribute himself to someone other than his father knowingly, or to deny his connection to his father, even subtly.”*
Sahih al-Bukhari, Book 23, Hadith 2849

Narrated Abu Dhar:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "If somebody claims to be the son of any other than his real father knowingly, he but disbelieves in Allah, and if somebody claims to belong to some folk to whom he does not belong, let such a person take his place in the (Hell) Fire."
Sahih al-Bukhari 3508, Book 61, Hadith 18

Narrated `Abdullah bin `Umar:
We used not to call Zaid bin Haritha the freed slave of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) except Zaid bin Muhammad till the Qu'anic Verse was revealed: "Call them (adopted sons) by (the names of) their fathers. That is more than just in the Sight of Allah." (33.5)
Sahih al-Bukhari, Book 65, Hadith 4782

Call them by [the names of] their fathers; it is more just in the sight of Allah . But if you do not know their fathers - then they are [still] your brothers in religion and those entrusted to you. And there is no blame upon you for that in which you have erred but [only for] what your hearts intended. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful. -Quran 33:5

I didn't realise how important it was in Islam. Alot of youth dont know this but our grandfather, great grandfathers are also our fathers

I didn't realise how important it was in Islam. Alot of youth dont know this but our grandfather, great grandfathers are also our fathers

Prophet Muhammad saws sometimes referred to himself as Ibn Abdul Muttalib, after his grandfather.

Many people accuse Pakistanis and Muslims of having fake lineages (to further their propaganda against Islam,) but they don't realize that it is not as common as people think. In Pakistan, it is very hard for anyone to lie about their lineage, except maybe immigrants.

You also have blacks here in Jamaica with the the surname khan , Errol Khan is a taxi driver I use .

Khan were a set of people who were brought here from British India to work in the sugar factories when slavery was so called abolished in the West Indies
They overwhelmingly settled in st Catherine

In Spanish town district you will meet lots of khans descendants from the original khans who arrived some say from Frontier some say from Punjab

189C1617-93DD-4F88-BC0D-8842505B475C.jpeg

the first masjid in Jamaica was set up by a mr Khan

masjid ar Rahman Spanish town Jamaica

some of the Khan either Yousafzai kakyzai omerzai or any other tribe from Afghan moved from Afghanistan to different parts of india like bihar lakhnov dehli and other places then some of them moved back to Pakistan in 47 with the same surname khan i know many of them they call themselves mohajir like one of MQM prominent leader Amir khan.

Irfan Pathan (cricketer) and Zarine Khan(actress) both belong to Yousafzai tribe (allegedly). Irfan Pathan's family is from 'Matta' area of Swat and Zarine's fam from 'Khwazakhela' area of Swat. I could be wrong about their exact places but zarine's relative (paternal uncle?) once came on live tv during PSL speaking fluent pashtu and i was shocked quite frankly.

Yousafzais migrated from Afghanistan and settled in present day Swat, Dir, Buner and Mardan areas. Its the biggest pashtun tribe i think and most use Khan as surname or yousafzai including myself.

My ancestors (yusufzai tribe) migrated from Afghanistan during Mughal era and settled in dehli and after 1857 took refuge in bihar and settled there.

Last edited:
Achi Salah da rhay ho baap gharib ho to ussay mukar jao yeh mera baap hi nhi ha.

Sir you misunderstood. I am not saying that one should deny their lineage. I can't talk about other castes, but people claim Rajput ancestry because it is associated with wealth and prestige, right? What I am trying to say is that Rajputs of today are not as wealthy as they used to be. Their prime source of wealth and prestige used to be their land. And Rajput of today does not have anywhere near the amount of land required to be compared to his ancestor. Land has been divided three times since 1947. Despite this fact, a lot of other castes still claim to be Rajputs. This was my point.

Yes, I understand your points brother. This is why our bozorg always ask lineages and identity of people before doing business, discussing marriages, or simply being family friends. They have to judge compatibility.

It is very easy to verify Rajput credentials despite everyone claiming to be one. I don't know about you, but in our family we know family branches of cousins of my great grandfather. And a small world it is, I recently met a distant cousin in my office.

That is why Punjabis call Rajputs as Pukhtoon dimag. It is no wonder why we intermarry with Pukhtoons readily also. Half my family are married with Pukhtoons like Niazis. There is alot of Hindko and Pukhto being spoken, so I pick up some in addition to my theth Faisalabadi punjabi.

A branch of my family settled in Faisalabad after migration. We might be distant cousins :) But my family is fiercely against outside marriages.

Irfan Pathan (cricketer) and Zarine Khan(actress) both belong to Yousafzai tribe (allegedly). Irfan Pathan's family is from 'Matta' area of Swat and Zarine's fam from 'Khwazakhela' area of Swat. I could be wrong about their exact places but zarine's relative (paternal uncle?) once came on live tv during PSL speaking fluent pashtu and i was shocked quite frankly.

Yousafzais migrated from Afghanistan and settled in present day Swat, Dir, Buner and Mardan areas. Its the biggest pashtun tribe i think and most use Khan as surname or yousafzai including myself.

Possibly it cud be biggest but its just one tribe pashton have 60 tribes and 400+ sub clans so imagin how many people belong to pushtoon tribe and most of them dont write khan with their names we have family friends who dont write khan and they are yousafzai same goes to General Hameed Gul who was yousafzai but dont write khan with their name.
but they are all over almost now a days specially punjab and many parts of india even in bihar to bangladesh and i even know a friend from kerala who also are khan to deep is south

"The tribes most commonly to be found in the Punjab region are the Niazai, Kundi, Miana, Bangash, Yusufzai, Hassan Zai, Mandanr, Lodhi, Kakar, Sherwani, Orakzai, Tareen, Sulemankhel sulemani, Kakazai, Karlanri, barakzai, Khizerzai, Babar and the Zamand Pathans. Of these the most widely distributed are the Yusufzai, of whom a body of 12,000 accompanied the Mughal Emperor Babur in the final invasion of India, and settled in the plains of India and the Punjab. But as a rule, the Pathans who have settled away from the frontier have lost all memory of their tribal divisions, and indeed almost all their national characteristics."

Back
Top Bottom