What's new

Khamenei says Iran ready to abandon nuclear deal if needed

How is the deal helping in short term?
Don't see any benefit in short term, trust building takes time. When EU see Iran stick with the agreement , they will eventually provide trade relaxation.

Don't see any benefit in short term, trust building takes time. When EU see Iran stick with the agreement , they will eventually provide trade relaxation.
EU will provide no trade relaxation . the benefit of the deal is on removing some UN sanction imposed more than a decade ago .

EU companies are not bound to follow US sanctions.
Iran is proceeding with contracts with European companies, which may well continue till next year and so forth.
Short time benefit was the objective in Iran's mind, and they have profited from.

Khamenei says Iran ready to abandon nuclear deal if needed
30 Aug, 2018

khamenei-says-iran-ready-to-abandon-nuclear-deal-if-needed-1535608913-3876.jpg

Tehran: Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said Wednesday that his government should be ready to "set aside" the 2015 nuclear deal if it is no longer in the country's national interests.

"The JCPOA (nuclear deal) is not the objective, it is only a means," he said in a meeting with the cabinet, according to his website.

"Naturally, if we reach the conclusion that it is no longer maintaining our national interests, we will put it aside."
Khamenei said talks should continue with Europe, which is trying to salvage the 2015 agreement despite the withdrawal of the United States.

But he said the Iranian government "must not pin hope on the Europeans for issues such as the JCPOA or the economy".
"We must examine their promises with scepticism," he added.
Khamenei reiterated that Iran would not engage in any negotiations with the administration of US President Donald Trump, despite his offer of unconditional talks.

"(The Americans) want to say they can bring anyone, even the Islamic republic, to the negotiating table.
"But as I have previously said in detail, no negotiations with them will take place," Khamenei said.

As long as Iran doesn't abandon it's nuclear or any strategic weapons program it's all good. The americans/israelis etc will NOT dare attack Iran as long as it remain powerful. Just ask the Libyans, Iraqis, Syrians, afghans etc what happens to you at the hands of the americans when you are weak and abandon your strategic weapons programs. They will give you a highly articulate answer.

Can you name some of these options? How did IRI change the power equation in the region again?
Everything isnt economic, or it can be economic but not directly or initially.For one, there is no whole-national Iraqi, Syrian or Yemeni future economic and political power and benefits that can exclude Iran's interests anymore. So while Iran has been stunted economically currently, it seems Iran's political and military influence in the ME is high and strong. Trump's successful division of world countries opinions has also helped Iran, because Iran currently has "alot" of countries that are against the US view currently,so that helps Iran. Look at what happened when NATO bulldog Turkey gets attacked economically. Is Turkey down and out now? Compare what Turkey is going to now(that almost seemed to have wrecked the country economically) with what Iran has experienced in the past 30 yrs. Also, sad truth that Trump has confirmed about the US- The US IS no longer the obvious dominant world hegemon anymore. If you don't believe this already, you are already late. The world has changed. Accept it. This multi-polralization of the world makes Iran stronger- because Iran was gets worse treatment and less efficient national power in a world that is solely dominated by the US, as has been for a while. Trump got voted in so America would fight(literally)to get its "position" back(at least in those voters perspective). But once again, i think its too late. The main difference now is that US is the dominant world power, but it has to respect or acknowledge more now the views and opinion of other countries. The thing about Iran is that Iran "wins" by surviving adversity. Do you actually believe Trump will "sink" Iran? Many other better presidents thought so too, and tried, and didnt succeed. Trump is not likely ot succeed. I actually notice he bluffs militarily also(or uses alternative covert means like Obama did)- the only military strike he's done publicly on a national force is in Syria. Everything else has been a bluff, or start of negotiations stopped them.

EU companies are not bound to follow US sanctions.
Iran is proceeding with contracts with European companies, which may well continue till next year and so forth.
Short time benefit was the objective in Iran's mind, and they have profited from.
EU has no choice , there whole financial and trade revolve around US market.

EU has no choice , there whole financial and trade revolve around US market.

So is US.... When EU need to enforce sanctions, they need to announce sanctions, which is not the case.
So both, Iran and EU companies are free to do business with each other and they always were free.
However, there are few large EU /Chinese companies, which are listed in DowJones, NASDAK etc. Sure, US can penalize them for any violation and there are those, who have huge trade with US, they would likely abstain but those, who have minimal business with US... they care not!
All what i stated is going on and i don't lie.

So is US.... When EU need to enforce sanctions, they need to announce sanctions, which is not the case.
So both, Iran and EU companies are free to do business with each other and they always were free.
However, there are few large EU /Chinese companies, which are listed in DowJones, NASDAK etc. Sure, US can penalize them for any violation and there are those, who have huge trade with US, they would likely abstain but those, who have minimal business with US... they care not!
All what i stated is going on and i don't lie.
I am not challenging and dis respecting your observation. But, EU is not strong enough to go against US interest. Plus, few other countries are filling the financial gap due to Iran sanctions.

You sound like a juvenile!.......Iran never compromised on its nuke program. It can be reconstituted within a month, if need be. Its not critical to do so.......Even if we develop 20 nukes, they have 6000 operational nukes. You understand?

Nukes don't guarantee peace! Nobody can use nukes. You think your bankrupt country can use nukes if the Americans try to invade you?.......lol........fool.......you can't, and won't.

The only way they can win is to divide us. That is it.

If Iran wasn't such a coward nation, it would've never signed onto the nuclear deal.

Thats Modi's mother
Maybe.
But countries n leaders from iran pakistan and turkey need to learn to shut their mouth n talk only what is needed.
Learn from china..they dnt jus talk but do things on ground

Maybe.
But countries n leaders from iran pakistan and turkey need to learn to shut their mouth n talk only what is needed.
Learn from china..they dnt jus talk but do things on ground
I think you are mistaken. Iran, a country of 80 million, has a political influence on par with India, a country of 1.3 BILLION.

Talking about doing things on the ground, Iran is actually present ON the ground in most of the continents around the world. from Africa to South America. i wish you could say the same.

Ecuadorian president sends his regards.

I think you are mistaken. Iran, a country of 80 million, has a political influence on par with India, a country of 1.3 BILLION.

Talking about doing things on the ground, Iran is actually present ON the ground in most of the continents around the world. from Africa to South America. i wish you could say the same.

Ecuadorian president sends his regards.

Accept or dnt america is still more powerful than dozens of counries combined.only way of balancing us is by diplomatically not by foul mouthing against them..eg u see in ergodan.
My only point was talk less act more.

EU will scrap the deal. They cant stand pressure from the US for more than a few months

Back
Top Bottom