What's new

Kerala, Tamil Nadu face off over Mullaperiyar dam

Status
Not open for further replies.
40 Lakh People getting Killed in a Single Wash... Why is Kerala Arguing Just Build it...Its effecting my Hometown 100s of miles away from the DAM!!!
381744_121642104614024_100003047047049_110955_979853381_n.jpg

After facebook, tweets, protest posters, events, candle light meets, new lyrics of KOLAVERI - now we are with new way of protesting - Sending Poor Old Sardar/TintuMon jokes in name of Tamilan. Come on! There is NO DAMN issue between Keralites and Tamilans. Grow Up!

Via Hiran

Tamils are like friggin nazis man. We dont want the damn water......just let us keep our people safe!

Tamils are like friggin nazis man. We dont want the damn water......just let us keep our people safe!
I CAN read and write Tamil. Their Newspapers report another thing man!..these newspapers are mostly focussing how "cunning kerlakkarunka" trying to take water by building new dam and wants to fix fees for water. these media also dare to report that the weakening of mullaperiyar dam is "hoax" spread by "cunning kerlakkaranunga" quoting the biased tamilnadu water authority staff who are operating the dam which is the property of Kerala.

The Tamilnadu poltics has a great say in Centre also. So, considering Kerala as a small state and our communists and congress are very less influential, these 20 MP's can't do much.
Only Hope is India's Supreme Court.
In this time, Remember How Karnataka reacts against TN with Kaveri river water dispute. Kerala is not at all interested in Water..it is the safety of the Central Kerala which is at stake! These things are not at all understood or neglected purposefully by Tamilnadu. Continous earth quakes are happening in Idukki district and in the Dam region. people are really panicked.

I hope the issue be resolved peacefully. Decommission the Dam;Afforestation of the old Dam Area and Construct New Dam way away from current Dam and NOT anywhere near Idukki Dam. Let the Water flow towards eastern side through Tunnels in the Cumbum(a city) direction. This will prevent any risk to Idukki Dam in Future also.

ஏன் தமிழா இந்த கொலவெரி? கேரளக்காரனுங்க புதிய டாமை கண்டிப்பா கட்டுவாங்க ..தண்ணி தருவோம்

UPDATE:
While I am writing this, Again Report of Earthquake at Mullaperiyar Dam area! :guns:

Last edited by a moderator:

I would not like to use the words Nazis, but they are pretty emotional people and politicians like Vaiko exploit this for their benefit.We Keralities don't want a single drop of that water, but livelihoods of some Tamil farmers is much much less important than the lives of 3.5 million people.One thing is for sure, if a single life is lost due to that dam, I will stop calling myself Indian.

The old dam stays, whatsoever.Let the kerala people move to some safe places.

How about Tamil Nadu? We will allow the dam to stay and in return TN will give us land to relocate 3.5 million people and their livelihoods..like an extension of Kerala inside TN.

I am of the same opinion as harpoon. If the dam breaks and there is a disaster......i will denounce my identity as an "indian".

A-holes......

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Hey as$-hole......you want us to relocate 3.5 MILLION people to satisfy your demented ego ?!

it is banned because you can not make a movie that might interven with the judgement of a case that is in the court.
that is called contempt of court.

No contempt of court whatsoever. There is no law that prohibits discussion on matters pending in the court. It is only prudent for politicians & officials involved to refrain from commenting on a matter that is sub judice. Does not apply to ordinary folk & contempt of court does not even come into it unless the judges involved are directly remarked upon in a disparaging manner. It is just a movie, does not purport to be a documentary & the ban is probably bad in law since it contradicts directly the SC decision that no ban can be imposed after a movie clears the censors.

stop giving water to Tamil nadu from other dams in Kerala (Shiruvani ,neyyar..etc) and it will force them for discussion (may be they will block road for few days)

i don't know exactly abt the dam but if ppl of kerela are protesting loudly then there should be something worrisome. i mean ppl of kerela are not retards, why tamil nadu govt not giving any attention to the this issue.

i don't know exactly abt the dam but if ppl of kerela are protesting loudly then there should be something worrisome. i mean ppl of kerela are not retards, why tamil nadu govt not giving any attention to the this issue.

We already told them that we dont want a SINGLE DROP of the water. All we're asking for is the permission from the centre to construct a new dam. Arrogant ba$tards still won't accept. And every ticking second takes us closer to disaster. The dam is a friggin time bomb.

If the centre cannot protect our people and our way of life......then what use is there in being called an Indian?

We already told them that we dont want a SINGLE DROP of the water. All we're asking for is the permission from the centre to construct a new dam. Arrogant ba$tards still won't accept. And every ticking second takes us closer to disaster. The dam is a friggin time bomb.

If the centre cannot protect our people and our way of life......then what use is there in being called an Indian?

The Center is the most inept government. For that you are willing to doubt being an Indian? There was an earthquake in my state last month. Had state emergency not been declared by our CM, nothing would have happened. THAT is how one gets things done in our country, my friend.

You don't blame the identity or doubt being proud of being an Indian. It only shows how shallow your faith in being of our country is.

The Mullaperiyar water sharing agreement made during the colonial era was sham in itself. Everheard about a 999 year agreement. Kerala is paid pittance for our water.

We are ready to agree to this agreement even after the new dam is built eventhough we know full well that this agreement is a sham.The problem is the dam.Its over a 100 years old. It was made using limestone and jaggery and now cracks are appearing in the dam. No dam can stand for ever and if TN wants its 999 year agreement to stand, they should allow new dam to be constructed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom