What's new

Kerala’s changing demographic: Will the State lose in transition?

The population reduction in Kerala and other South Indian states have been going on as planned. But the North Indian states are very slow in that. As a result, the percentage of our population gets reduced.
And budget alocation for states are done on the basis of population. This means, lesser budget for good things.
Have no idea what planners are going to do. Kerala should be rewarded for this achievement.

Its not the budget allocation that matters.It how they spend it.Most states are not even able to spend 50% of the central fund in social sectors.Most of what's been spend are actually going to the pockets of corrupt politicians and bureaucrats.

what r u crying for ??? Reservation ...

nammaku arruddem avadaryam venda ...

Nayam marum Ezavarum , Nambootirimarum illade endu Keralam Endu Malayalam...

Malayalam Basha tanne Thunchaththu Ramanujan Ezhuthachannnde Keralatinnu tanne oru avadariyam alle...
:agree:

logical fallacy:undecided:

Its not the budget allocation that matters.It how they spend it.Most states are not even able to spend 50% of the central fund in social sectors.Most of what's been spend are actually going to the pockets of corrupt politicians and bureaucrats.

I dunno that. Bihar, WB have been seeking special status, more money, less tax, more budget allocation. Even TN asks so. Why would they ask, if they are unable to spend?
I accept corruption is there. i mean, for a project of 10C, some 2C will end up as corrupted.
The southern states are as far as i feel, are efficient in many aspects. even if they are corrupted, they get things done.

But reg population reduction? Wont u think it will be unfair in future for Kerala where it might get less budgetory allocation?

I dunno that. Bihar, WB have been seeking special status, more money, less tax, more budget allocation. Even TN asks so. Why would they ask, if they are unable to spend?
I accept corruption is there. i mean, for a project of 10C, some 2C will end up as corrupted.
The southern states are as far as i feel, are efficient in many aspects. even if they are corrupted, they get things done.

But reg population reduction? Wont u think it will be unfair in future for Kerala where it might get less budgetory allocation?

You are getting it all wrong.Firstly Special status won't have much impact in central allocation.But it will give a tremendous boost to private investment.The special offers clauses for big tax breaks for firms which invests in such states.Nitish Kumar is a shrewd politician,Today Bihar's share in manufacturing is a meagre 0.4% compared to higher numbers for Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Assam and J&K.And he knows no one will invest in a poor state like Bihar.That's why he demanded special status and I think he is right.I also think Chidambaram approach to this issue was good.The new approach in the Economic Survey and in the Union Budget speech was politically neutral. States are to be ranked on multiple development parameters, on their distance from the national mean and policies devised to get them to the national average in time.This is a right approach is a right step to eliminate regional imbalances which are created by bad policies of previous central Govts.I don't think TN has any basis for demanding Special status,you are already special,attracting one of the highest level of private investment in the country.TN don't need such entitlements.

Then about Kerala's share,even if Kerala's % share in Union budget may have declined over all Budget allocation is still going up.The decline will only be relative mostly because of the relative higher growth rates in some North Indian states.I don't mind that.

I could use some reservation. Anyhow...if we stop paying unskilled labour 300-500 rupees per day, migration might stop.

But then all our homes and construction will stop to function too.

Some parts are already called 'little arunachal pradesh' and 'little bengal'....

i've heard of bengali, Ups and biharis in kerala. but NEs too? from arunachal?

what crimes did our Forefathers do... Making Kerala a Undefeated Hindu Kingdom ... making kerala the most prosperous State in India so much that even today Gold worth Billions are unearthed in its Temples...

for Creating Malayalam Language ... or for stuffing themselves in the Cannon mouth of Tipu & British & sacrificing there life to save Kerala from external invasion ...

so according to you everything good in kerala happened because of the nairs? :lol:

i've heard of bengali, Ups and biharis in kerala. but NEs too? from arunachal?
Yeah. There are plenty of students and labourers from NE (arunachal, manipur) in kerala. Almost every college (govt. and govt. aided) has students from arunachal.

Labourers are mostly concentrated in construction and food industry. ESPECIALLY food.

so according to you everything good in kerala happened because of the nairs? :lol:
99% good things that happened in Kerala before independence was because of Nair's, Ezava's & Namboothiri's ...

while 99% bad things that happened in Kerala before British & Muslim invasion was because of Nair's & Namboothiri's ...

U can take out Kerala from the Nair's History but u cant take out Nair's from Kerala's History ...

Kerala & Malayalam is just a small part of Nair's history ...

99% good things that happened in Kerala before independence was because of Nair's, Ezava's & Namboothiri's ...

while 99% bad things that happened in Kerala before British & Muslim invasion was because of Nair's & Namboothiri's ...

U can take out Kerala from the Nair's History but u cant take out Nair's from Kerala's History ...

Kerala & Malayalam is just a small part of Nair's history ...

WOW :lol: ok here is some hard truth. 99% of the good stuff that happened in kerala happened because of the CHRISTIANS. If u need proof, just look at parts of india that has a high christian population, goa, Mizoram, etc they all have high literacy, high HDI, high standards of living and high social awareness. the priests and missionaries open up hundreds of colleges and tend to encourage education, especially of the girl child.

WOW :lol: ok here is some hard truth. 99% of the good stuff that happened in kerala happened because of the CHRISTIANS. If u need proof, just look at parts of india that has a high christian population, goa, Mizoram, etc they all have high literacy, high HDI and high social awareness. the priests and missionaries open up hundreds of colleges and tend to encourage education, especially of the girl child.

@Nair saab

For all your contribution to Malayalam......it still took a British missionary to make a Malayalam dictionary.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please stop taking religion in every thread??

Man we are becoming some kind of radicals here..

Its a good thing na our population is under control due to better education and awareness..

BTW did you guys hear the news.. In CBSE exams, 99.97% of Kerala students passed :yahoo:

Can you please stop taking religion in every thread??

Man we are becoming some kind of radicals here..

Its a good thing na our population is under control due to better education and awareness..

BTW did you guys hear the news.. In CBSE exams, 99.97% of Kerala students passed :yahoo:

Finally some sense:tup:

WOW :lol: ok here is some hard truth. 99% of the good stuff that happened in kerala happened because of the CHRISTIANS. If u need proof, just look at parts of india that has a high christian population, goa, Mizoram, etc they all have high literacy, high HDI, high standards of living and high social awareness. the priests and missionaries open up hundreds of colleges and tend to encourage education, especially of the girl child.
Hahaha... ya offcorse the Christians also have greatest achievement after independence like

Forest Encroachments ...

Conversion with Yesu Prasadam & money ...

Temple Land encroachment ...

Christianizing Education system ...

Corruption under their Famous Roman princess Gandi ...

Spirit Smuggling ...

Gold Smuggling ...

Spreading Religious Venom by distributing pamphlets demonizing Hindu Gods...

& most Famous failed attempt ... by paying the christian's parents who have more then 2 children ...

:omghaha:

Hahaha... ya offcorse the Christians also have greatest achievement after independence like

Forest Encroachments ...

Conversion with Yesu Prasadam & money ...

Temple Land encroachment ...

Christianizing Education system ...

Corruption under their Famous Roman princess Gandi ...

Spirit Smuggling ...

Gold Smuggling ...

Spreading Religious Venom by distributing pamphlets demonizing Hindu Gods...

& most Famous failed attempt ... by paying the christian's parents who have more then 2 children ...

:omghaha:

What is Yesu Prasadam??

And for god sake?? The above listed things were done by Christians only??

And where in the world did you see we Spreading Religious Venom by distributing pamphlets demonizing Hindu Gods in Kerala??

If there is a Christianizing Education system, then why we learned about the Heros like that of Kunjalimarakkar, Veluthambi Dalava and many others who do not belong to Christian religion??

You need help dude..

Kerala

Some say declining population is good & some say its bad :undecided:

Somebody have any idea?

Its simple:

The more educated and wealthier a population gets, the lower the birth rates...

Kerala has a literacy rate and living standards comparable to western nations... so no surprise.

Back
Top Bottom