What's new

Kerala confirms 3rd positive case of coronavirus

Bhai USA govt advisory nahi medical health advisory by who post Karo.

Forget India. My concern is Pakistan with its proximity to China and offcourse to India, in the event that the virus spreads wildly in India. Any idea what preventative and other steps are being taken in Pakistan for this virus?

Lol you want me to forget India and talk about Pakistan.

In India Corona is spreading in Pakistan we don't have any case. So who should be worried here?

People with symptoms are not being evacuated.
Why? They aren't your citizens? You have left them to die in China?

In India Corona is spreading in Pakistan we don't have any case. So who should be worried here?

Under-funded and ill-equipped: India's creaking hospitals 'woefully unprepared' for coronavirus
=================================
India’s overburdened health infra is ill-prepared to handle epidemics
===============================

While India is preparing to evacuate its citizens from China in the wake of the deadly coronavirus outbreak in Hubei province, many health experts point to the country’s ill-preparedness to deal with a public health emergency of such magnitude. (This report was published before evacuation)
=================================
I am not proving that Pakistani healthcare system is any better, but this is only for those Indians who are trying to act like citizens of a developed country.

Last edited:

That's my concern. I am not living in Pakistan and presume that you are, hence my questions to you. If the virus is spreading in India and in China, what are the chances that it will soon come to Pakistan considering the proximity of these nations to Pakistan. And has Pakistan started taking steps to counter the virus?

Do not bring your people from other countries back to Pakistan.

Somehow, you Indians and Pakistanis make this virus seem like some new competition between your nations. That is the stupidity of both nations. The virus doesn't distinguish between borders

That's my concern. I am not living in Pakistan and presume that you are, hence my questions to you. If the virus is spreading in India and in China, what are the chances that it will soon come to Pakistan considering the proximity of these nations to Pakistan. And has Pakistan started taking steps to counter the virus?

We understand our shortcomings and the first step was to contain the virus by not bringing back the students.

But yes, if there's an outbreak, it will be hard to contain, and not much we can do given the poor per capita physician and hospital beds ratio. Our first priority is to prevent the outbreak in the first place.

I think you have got your answer.

Last edited:
If they are already sick, they have to take medical aid in China. Those are the protocols.
Wow, so you are relying on Chinese healthcare system, not bringing them back to treat them?

Wow, so you are relying on Chinese healthcare system, not bringing them back to treat them?

Chinese has a good healthcare system. We are bringing the healthy ones back because it is risky to keep them there.

I believe you have some comprehensions. Producing means absolute zilch if there is a no vaccine, which no country till today has.

I am not talking of vaccine. I am not talking prevention. I am talking making people better.

I am not talking of vaccine. I am not talking prevention. I am talking making people better.

Once effected than chance are very slim and its a myth that it only effects older people. Yesterday I was watching in news that a 44 years old passed away.

You should give last rites to the kids that your govt abondon in China because of your own incompetency .

Seriously, is this what I said in my post.

So 3rd case has come to fore and God knows how many others are also infected.

Other countries like CAD, US, UK and AUS etc possess infrastructure and capacity to deal with the outbreak, does India have it too? Why I dont see comments of Indians in this thread, who were using "Pakistani students video", as tool for cheap point scoring?

As I said earlier, I will repeat again, once arrived in India, they could be quarantined for up to 14 days for monitoring but what if symptoms show up and become sever within few days? Than what will you do? Do you have guys have invented its cure or vaccine?

Speaking of incompetency, since you and your country is utter competent than why do you have 3 cases of coronavirus already?

ok and how many of these cocktails will India be able to afford?
Just in case you are interested,when there is a epidemic or likely to be a epidemic govt procures the medicine and distribute them free to people who they think might be at risk.

1st photo is a problem but does not look like a doctor / nurse. Especially the person with this hand on his face.

Gaps in PPE are not a problem if hand hygiene is carried out

3rd photo, the person in face mask is not going in.

4th photo is also outside the ward.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/infection-control.html has guidelines, search for "Personal Protective Equipment" in the page.

"Remove eye protection before leaving the patient room or care area."

"Disposable respirators should be removed and discarded after exiting the patient’s room or care area and closing the door. Perform hand hygiene after discarding the respirator."

1. The caption was staff and patients

2. "If" proper hygiene is carried out. You dont know if it is.

3. It doesnt matter, someone in PPE should not stand near someone with no PPE. There is a reason why proper isolation requires a seperate room in which to transition from outside to inside.

4. So the only means of protection between the patients and everyone else is just a single glass pane/door, where is the PPE, where is that hand sanitisers, why is she wearing jewelery, they are wearing the full uniform so I assume the only protection they had was the masks.

Here is the level of protection that the CDC recommended during Ebola:

ebola-bodysuit.jpg

The number of cases in India is going up btw, recently 5 more patients were suspected in Delhi, and 1000+ in Kerala are in quarantine.

There is a significant difference between recommendation of Ebola and Coronavirus.

https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/137410/WHO_EVD_Guidance_PPE_14.1_eng.pdf

The recomendations are similar

• Personal Protective Equipment
    Employers should select appropriate PPE and provide it to HCP in accordance with OSHA’s PPE standards (29 CFR 1910 Subpart I)external icon. HCP must receive training on and demonstrate an understanding of when to use PPE; what PPE is necessary; how to properly don, use, and doff PPE in a manner to prevent self-contamination; how to properly dispose of or disinfect and maintain PPE; and the limitations of PPE. Any reusable PPE must be properly cleaned, decontaminated, and maintained after and between uses. Facilities should have policies and procedures describing a recommended sequence for safely donning and doffing PPE:
    • Gloves
      • Perform hand hygiene, then put on clean, non-sterile gloves upon entry into the patient room or care area. Change gloves if they become torn or heavily contaminated.
      • Remove and discard gloves when leaving the patient room or care area, and immediately perform hand hygiene.
    • Gowns
      • Put on a clean isolation gown upon entry into the patient room or area. Change the gown if it becomes soiled. Remove and discard the gown in a dedicated container for waste or linen before leaving the patient room or care area. Disposable gowns should be discarded after use. Cloth gowns should be laundered after each use.
    • Respiratory Protection
      • Use respiratory protection (i.e., a respirator) that is at least as protective as a fit-tested NIOSH-certified disposable N95 filtering facepiece respirator before entry into the patient room or care area. See appendix for respirator definition.
      • Disposable respirators should be removed and discarded after exiting the patient’s room or care area and closing the door. Perform hand hygiene after discarding the respirator.
      • If reusable respirators (e.g., powered air purifying respirator/PAPR) are used, they must be cleaned and disinfected according to manufacturer’s reprocessing instructions prior to re-use.
      • Respirator use must be in the context of a complete respiratory protection program in accordance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Respiratory Protection standard (29 CFR 1910.134external icon). Staff should be medically cleared and fit-tested if using respirators with tight-fitting facepieces (e.g., a NIOSH-certified disposable N95) and trained in the proper use of respirators, safe removal and disposal, and medical contraindications to respirator use.
    • Eye Protection
      • Put on eye protection (e.g., goggles, a disposable face shield that covers the front and sides of the face) upon entry to the patient room or care area. Remove eye protection before leaving the patient room or care area. Reusable eye protection (e.g., goggles) must be cleaned and disinfected according to manufacturer’s reprocessing instructions prior to re-use. Disposable eye protection should be discarded after use.

Let me just add this here too:

Doctor in evacuation team takes ill; separate aerobridges set up

Last edited:
For Ebola

the gown and the coverall should be made of fabric that is tested for resistance to penetration by blood or body fluids or to blood-borne pathogens.

Not required for corona virus

For Ebola

The choice of apron should be, in order of preference:  Disposable, waterproof apron  If disposable aprons are not available, heavy duty, reusable waterproof aprons can be used if appropriate cleaning and disinfection between patients is performed.

Not required for corona virus

For Ebola

All health workers should wear waterproof boots (e.g. rubber/ gum boots) while caring for patients with filovirus disease in order to prevent virus exposure.

Not required for corona virus.

Ebola virus can infect via skin contact. Corona virus infection is only via mucus membrane. For corona virus, eyes, mouth and nose are the points to be protected. And one should wash hands before touching the eyes, mouth and nose. Ebola is at a total different level.

Bhai

https://www.who.int/ith/2019-nCoV_advice_for_international_traffic/en/ says

"WHO advises against the application of any restrictions of international traffic based on the information currently available on this event."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom