What's new

Kazakhstan approved the creation of a unified air defense with Russia

vostok

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
aWNkbi5sZW50YS5ydS9pbWFnZXMvMjAxNC8wNS8yNy8xMC8yMDE0MDUyNzEwNDQyNjcxMC9waWNfMWIyZDE4MTliNjc0ODY3Yzg2MTk4N2JhYTQ1MTRmNTEuanBnP19faWQ9NDk5MzA=.jpg

Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev May 26, 2014 signed a law on ratification of the agreement with Russia on a unified regional air defense system. This is stated in the report on the website of the President of Kazakhstan. As expected, the full text of the law on ratification will soon be published in the local official press.
Agreement on the establishment of a common defense zone was signed by Moscow and Astana in January 2013. According to this document, the forces unified air defense system will be led by a team appointed by the presidents of Russia and Kazakhstan on the proposal of defense ministers of both countries. In addition, it is planned to establish rules of combat duty and exchange of information.
In late January 2014, Deputy Defense Minister Anatoly Antonov, Russia announced that Moscow will supply Astana five divisions of antiaircraft missile systems S-300PS. Transfer of air defense systems will be made from the Russian Defense Ministry reserves at no charge. According to Antonov, delivery of S-300PS will strengthen not only the defense of Kazakhstan, but also anti-aircraft defense of the Collective Security Treaty.
Preparation for the delivery of S-300 was conducted from in 2010 and was regarded as one of the stages of cooperation within the planned agreement on the establishment of a unified regional air defense zone. Russia is developing a unified air defense zones with the CIS countries since 2007. For this project in February 2009 joined Belorussia. It is expected that a unified defense will join Armenia, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.
In the future, we plan to form Eastern European, Caucasus and Central Asian zones of airdefense. It is assumed that in the framework of agreements concluded by member states, Russia will supply to them new anti-aircraft missile systems.

I don't understand; why did Kazakhstan separate in the first place?

They should merge back with Russia alongside other CSTO signatories. That's the best thing that could happen.

They should merge back with Russia alongside other CSTO signatories. That's the best thing that could happen.
Kazakhstan was the last state left the USSR. A Eurasian integration processes in the former Soviet Union - it is mostly Nazarbayev's credit. He always stood for the closest approach between the peoples of the former USSR.

Kazakhstan was the last state left the USSR. A Eurasian integration processes in the former Soviet Union - it is mostly Nazarbayev's credit. He always stood for the closest approach between the peoples of the former USSR.

Then why don't you allow them to merge to Russia?

Then why don't you allow them to merge to Russia?
We will have a common Union - Eurasian. I think this format of cooperation satisfied all of us. God willing, tomorrow should be signed the treaty establishing the Eurasian Economic Union.

We will have a common Union - Eurasian. I think this format of cooperation satisfied all of us. God willing, tomorrow should be signed the treaty establishing the Eurasian Economic Union.

Мы, индийцы приветствуем Евразийский союз. Я надеюсь, что наш новый лидер подписывает соглашение о свободной торговле с Евразийского союза в будущем. :cheers:

Мы, индийцы приветствуем Евразийский союз. Я надеюсь, что наш новый лидер подписывает соглашение о свободной торговле с Евразийского союза в будущем. :cheers:

India should be a part of that Eurasian Union :lol:

India should be a part of that Eurasian Union :lol:

I told him about the FTA that has been planned with Eurasian Union.

India should stay away from joining any specific block, bhaisahab. :)

I told him about the FTA that has been planned with Eurasian Union.

India should stay away from joining any specific block, bhaisahab. :)

We can create our own union. You know I've always thought that Akhand Bharat should include more territory on our west.

Why do you wish for others what you don't wish for yourselves?

Because it is easy to deal with Russia and CIS countries who understand Indian political position and respect it unlike other factions that push around hammering their own ideology on everyone.

Eurasian countries are one of the few near-distant neighbours with whom we have wonderful relations thanks to Soviet era. What's more, with a strong leadership in our country after a decade of rot, we are ready to expand our economic cooperation with all the friendly countries at double the speed. We have to not only recover what we lost in 10 years but to go much beyond that.

A Eurasian Union means common customs laws, taxes, levies and trade access points which can greatly help in boosting our trade with a single window clearance. We can integrate our entire trade policy with the Eurasian Union (initially Russia and Kazakhstan and then all the other CIS nations) in one go.

It is a win-win situation.

If they can further consolidate the union into having a common bloc currency (Most probably a much strong Eurasian Ruble) all the more better as we will have another alternative to USD and EU.

We can create our own union. You know I've always thought that Akhand Bharat should include more territory on our west.

Not right now. A Union creation is based on a lot of similarities in economics, trade, customs and socio-economic culture. We have nothing similar to our west.

We should remain an individual country dealing with all our key strategic partners. Right now we have to have at least 15 years of the kind of rule we just started with right now in order to simply get back on track.

Because it is easy to deal with Russia and CIS countries who understand Indian political position and respect it unlike other factions that push around hammering their own ideology on everyone.

Eurasian countries are one of the few near-distant neighbours with whom we have wonderful relations thanks to Soviet era. What's more, with a strong leadership in our country after a decade of rot, we are ready to expand our economic cooperation with all the friendly countries at double the speed. We have to not only recover what we lost in 10 years but to go much beyond that.

A Eurasian Union means common customs laws, taxes, levies and trade access points which can greatly help in boosting our trade with a single window clearance. We can integrate our entire trade policy with the Eurasian Union (initially Russia and Kazakhstan and then all the other CIS nations) in one go.

It is a win-win situation.

If they can further consolidate the union into having a common bloc currency (Most probably a much strong Eurasian Ruble) all the more better as we will have another alternative to USD and EU.

You didn't answer my question.

Why do you want India to have the ability juggle the major players and obtain the best outcome for India's interests, but you deny that advantage to Kazhakstan?

As if USSR was a normal state. WHy shouldn't they have seperated from the the country that invaded them?

Back
Top Bottom