What's new

Kaveri Engine Project update

;) Decades ago India was only 5 times bigger than Pakistan. If things continue the way they are now in Pakistan, In a few decades India may become 20 times bigger than Pakistan.:rofl:

By population... keep f...ing :cheesy:

So you mean it was Pakistan who fought well and defeated India?? If we go by ur way, China is also bigger than India so they should have overrun India decades back ? India donot want to overruns you.
Just check the history of wars and sit tight, Credits are not available on the basis of country size.

use your logic mate.....

given the difference in size and resources. Survival in its self is a great victory...

Pakistan is proportionally much smaller than India. and India is only a little smaller than China.... ohh btw.. China Kicked Indias ***, and to this day, still holds on to Indian Territory....:china:

I cant believe that I started of congratulating India, and in return I have just faced Hostility. No wonder we are still where we are........

Last edited:
use your logic mate.....

given the difference in size and resources. Survival in its self is a great victory...

Pakistan is proportionally much smaller than India. and India is only a little smaller than China.... ohh btw.. China Kicked Indias ***, and to this day, still holds on to Indian Territory....:china:

I cant believe that I started of congratulating India, and in return I have just faced Hostility. No wonder we are still where we are........

which territory you are talking about..ooo the part of Kashmir your country donated to china that one..:wave:

This Kaveri flight testing is so significant such that,its later version which is to be developed in colaboration with a foreign partner has to go into both LCA-MKII re-engining program and MCA.

NGFA design after being frozen for years is moving ahead now along side FGFA development taking the use of relevant systems.

PIB Press Release

Kaveri Aero Engine being developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) requires to be optimised for lower weight and higher performance so that it can be used for Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas and possibly for Indian next generation combat Aircraft.

The Government also proposes to import foreign engines for LCA. Technical evaluation of proposals received from two short listed vendors, i.e. M/s Eurojet (NETMA), Europe and M/s General Electric Company, USA is in progress.

This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Dr. M Thambidurai and others in Lok Sabha today.

Kaveri.jpg

kaverifadec3em.jpg

I want this baby so badly...:cry::cry::cry: Pl Pl :argh::argh: cant wait to hear the news of successful weight reduction...:victory::victory:

I want one for my bike. Really need some more horsepower.

JetBike.jpg

Don't want to turn to the alternative

3861746174_54372b8043.jpg

Can anyone tell me the exact development cost of the Engine.Also the cost of building engine related industry such as production of specialized material and every other associated infrastructure.Also the amount spent on foreign help(IF ANY).Please anyone i need the info.thanks.

Can anyone tell me the exact development cost of the Engine.Also the cost of building engine related industry such as production of specialized material and every other associated infrastructure.Also the amount spent on foreign help(IF ANY).Please anyone i need the info.thanks.

Total development costs are about US$640 million. Each unit should be comparable to price of GE F404.

Total development costs are about US$640 million. Each unit should be comparable to price of GE F404.

Does that Include associated infrastructure.I mean the cost of everything from developing alloys to building roads for the factories required to manufacture kaveri.

Does that Include associated infrastructure.I mean the cost of everything from developing alloys to building roads for the factories required to manufacture kaveri.

Since the infrastructure existed before kaveri started, the costs doesn't include that. Kaveri will be manufactured at existing facilities.

The costs of developing alloys, research funds, salaries, transport charges, fees for testing etc are all included in $640 million.

Since the infrastructure existed before kaveri started, the costs doesn't include that. Kaveri will be manufactured at existing facilities.

The costs of developing alloys, research funds, salaries, transport charges, fees for testing etc are all included in $640 million.

Infrastructure existed.How is that?Does India have some kind of experience with engines before kaveri.

And if you are right.Then i must really commend India.I mean 640 Million Dollars for an engine is nothing.I mean Ford spends more for the development of a new Model Car.

I mean it's so cheap.Seriously if we ignore the Timeline kaveri is a very good example for 3rd and in some cases even 1st world countries.Also it holds a lesson for Pakistan for Indigenous development.Although not really for engines but other component of Aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom