What's new

Kashmiri women are strictly forbidden from nose piercing

:D i can carry on with every action :P

Waiseee I don't know the purpose of this thread - I can't recall when Kashmiri women in my family or my extended family were ever told whether they can or cannot pierce their noses - Some do....some don't - Its their personal choice....nothing to do with their ethnicity ! :unsure:

Aur janaaab how is KPK these days - Did the Law & Order situation improve ? :(

Waiseee I don't know the purpose of this thread - I can't recall when Kashmiri women in my family or my extended family were ever told whether they can or cannot pierce their noses - Some do....some don't - Its their personal choice....nothing to do with their ethnicity ! :unsure:

Aur janaaab how is KPK these days - Did the Law & Order situation improve ? :(

yup improved much :) but our roads due to fast commercialization of residential areas are turning into potholes

Correct. Kashmiri women do pierce their noses and ears and we are all die hard meat eaters.

We don't believe in any sect. Sunni or Shia, we consider them Muslims.

I'll tell you how my family thinks. As Kashmiris, our first option is too find another Kashmir, then comes Punjabis, then Pukhtuns. We would marry anyone except urdu speaking mohajirs

what is wrong with Urdu speakers?

This is not true. My Kashmiri gf @Armstrong sports a nose ring.

A lot of Kashmiris on this forum sound like racist d'bags.

Which sucks because my great grandfather's father Hussein Baksh married a Kashmiri woman from the valley, which would make her my grandmother.

So I guess I am a gangsta Chaudhry because of the little bit of Kashmiri in me, although I am not a racist d'bag like the Kashmiris here.

d'bags? :lol:

i dont think they are racist here.. Did not feel it. However, the general Punjabi JaTT is far more racist than a Kashmiri.

Arain, i have found, to be a very open hearted people to anyone

Last edited:
It took me 5 mins of googling to see a picture of kashmiri woman with pierced nose. Link: Kashmir Summer, 1907 |Search KashmirView attachment 22537

That picture is of Dom gypsy woman from kashmir, they are the same as "changars" , "Chura" or "pakhi" wasi in punjab.

The real kashmiri muslim women dress code was this,

Muslim-shawl-makers-kashmir1867.jpg

A Muslim shawl making family in Kashmir. 1867. Cashmere shawl manufactory, chromolith., William Simpson.

And it is still the same for kashmiri muslim women in the remote villages of kashmir valley,

Last edited:
O yar I don't know on what basis are you making such claims. Three of my aunts are Butt/Dar Kashmiris and I am an Urdu-speaker from Karachi.

First punjabis of kashmiri origin do NOT live in karachi, and second there is a general trend among low caste people in punjab and kashmir valley to take other people's surnames. The only indicator of the one's true ancestary is his cultural values and customs, the ones who dont follow that culture or customs are imposters. Rehman Malik (former home minister) was not any malik sahab , he was a kammi "nai" (barber), it is normal for low caste people to take surnames of higher caste people in punjab and also in kashmir.

Well sir let me tell you that there are a lot of Kashmiris living in Karachi (even the President of Karachi traders association is a Kashmiri Mir). They've also got 2 AJK assembly seats from Karachi and I think you should not raise questions on someone's lineage. That's not a good precedent your setting and secondly what makes YOU so sure that you are from some high caste and not an impostor yourself? Don't be offended but to me you don't even sound like Kashmiri (not that as if I consider Kashmiris some special people. To be honest they are many a times looked down upon in many jatt/rajput dominated areas of Punjab).

Beta, you mohajirs are looked down upon even by kammis of punjab. Even a kammi will also NOT marry a mohajir, leave aside the rest of the tribes. And as for as the internal dynamics of punjabi society is concerned , it is an open game every tribe consider themselves better than others depending on their strength in a particular area.

Beta, you mohajirs are looked down upon even by kammis of punjab. Even a kammi will also NOT marry a mohajir, leave aside the rest of the tribes. And as for as the internal dynamics of punjabi society is concerned , it is an open game every tribe consider themselves better than others depending on their strength in a particular area.

What a failure. My grandmother was a mohajir(Urdu Speaking from Luckhnow) and married to My Granddad a Punjabi. My mother was a Kashmiri. Not everyone is a racist clown like you.

Back
Top Bottom