What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Scotland has all of this too - it is still a part of the United Kingdom and not an independent nation. And the world - whether you like it or not has always been neutral.

As far as Junagadh is concerned - India never legally disputed Junagadh's accession to Pakistan - it sent its forces AFTER Nawaz Bhutto invited the Indian govt. to conduct a plebiscite.
are you crazy? india blockaded and miltiary ocucpeid junagadh. nawaz bhutto got desperate and then signed the isntrument. the blockade and occupation was BEFORE the instriment was signed. DUH

are you crazy? india blockaded and miltiary ocucpeid junagadh. nawaz bhutto got desperate and then signed the isntrument. the blockade and occupation was BEFORE the instriment was signed. DUH

Rubbish. India sent its forces inside Junagadh on November 9. In late October Bhutto sent 2 requests to Pakistani govt. for help - one to Jinnah and one to Ministry of Foreign Affairs but Pakistan govt. did not respond. On November 7, Bhutto invited India into Junagadh since Pakistan had not bothered to reply. And India entered only on November 9.

excuse me mr lack of history. paksitna didnt want kahsmirs indep in 48 - it wants it NOW. duh. in 48 theyw anted kahsmir in pak; now they want indep kashmir. see? also didnt india invade junagadh. oh right. oh and more importantly indain troops were already there before maharaja hari singh signed the instrument.

They entered Kashmir in Pakistan??? LOL - Kashmir was not in Pakistan. And you have the cheek to call me Mr. Lack of History. What should I call you - Mr. Lack of History, Geography & Logic?

One thing I wish to know is -

If Pakistan want Kashmir's independence - then why did they invade an independent Kashmir in the first place?

As normal assumptions......pakistan wants kashmir to be part of pakistan.
The UN resolutions make no provision for independence in kashmir,its a staight choice between pakistan and india.

What do Pakistani history books teach? Do they teach that India invaded Kashmir first? Or do they teach that the ruler of Kashmir appealed to the Indian state after Pakistan had invaded and was fairly close to Srinagar?

What do you indian get taught in your history books?

Last edited:
Rubbish. India sent its forces inside Junagadh on November 9. In late October Bhutto sent 2 requests to Pakistani govt. for help - one to Jinnah and one to Ministry of Foreign Affairs but Pakistan govt. did not respond. On November 7, Bhutto invited India into Junagadh since Pakistan had not bothered to reply. And India entered only on November 9.

What matters is that when the leaders of Junagarh, Bihar and Hyderabad wanted to join pakistan you invaded and said that the will of the people is what matters.......why the hypocrisy when it comes to kashmir.

stop fighting for politis. an independet kashmir si the only fair solution becuase both india and pakistan have lsot thier moral claim to kashmir; theyve been abused form both ends and becuase the kashmiris were never asked what they wanted in 48 kashmir belongs to the akshmriis, and thus the fate of the kashmir belONGS TO SOLELY KASHMIRIS. howver i have a feeeling that ladakhis, kahsmir valley ashmriis and jammu kashmiris all want differnt things. im sure they can reach an agreemnt though they can be like turkey - a secual but maj muslim population.

Not sure how do you measure moral right or wrong.Even if it is a matter of self determination,allowing for all shades of opinion is a good way forward to avoid future disputes.

Infact, diversity of opinion is a good reason to maintaining status quo with some sort of an arrangement.

Keeping the geopolitics, economics and ethnicities in mind...I honestly think that we need a 'south asian grand bargain'. In this bargain, we must include Kashmiris of all hues,Bangladesh, China, Tibetans and Sri Lanka apart from India and Pakistan.

It might not be a bad idea to having Afghanistan and Nepal involved in some way...

The idea should be to create guiding principles and dispute management systems.It should actually start by trying to build a common market.

The problem with this region, even including China is diversity. There are too many diverse languages and ethnic groups. Currently, while India has the most diversity and probably Bangladesh the least.

The fact is countries were created post second world war and the new nation solutions were not stable.Pakistan has been searching for its identity and even lost one half of its nation state.I must observe the other half isnt missed much.

Its obviously not possible to draw new boundaries all over the region. But if you redraw one boundary, another one will flare up.

So whats needed is a loose confederation thats much more than SAARC but less than EU.This can be a game changer in many respects. Ofcourse, on first glance it would look impossible to achieve but the fact is China is a observer in SAARC.

The key point to understand is that there are many disputes that emrged between 1940-50 that havent been resolved, but the world has changed and become more strcutured....in the current scenario..new nations do not get created easily.The pace of events is faster than the time taken to formulate strategies.

I highly doubt Indian army is able to beat US...

And the way we Muslims are right now, I don't think we will 'retaliate'.

But that above comment was pure trolling.

9/11 happened before Iraq war, Afghan war and Florida pastor controversy. Imagine what would be the situation now!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SRINAGAR: Suspected militants fatally shot two Indian paramilitary soldiers guarding a busy marketplace in Indian-administered Kashmir on Wednesday, an official said.

Anti-India sentiment runs deep in the disputed Muslim-majority region, where guerrilla groups have fought for Kashmir’s independence from India or its merger with neighbouring Pakistan since 1989. More than 68,000 people have been killed in the conflict.

Wednesday’s attack occurred in Pattan town about 20 miles north of Srinagar — the main city in the region — triggering panic among shoppers and merchants, said Prabhakar Tripathi, a spokesman for the Central Reserve Police Force.

The attackers fled after grabbing the dead soldiers’ rifles, a police officer said on condition of anonymity as he was not authorised to speak to the media.

No group claimed responsibility for the attack.

While insurgent strikes have largely been suppressed by Indian forces, Kashmiri resistance is now principally through street demonstrations.

Since June, the region has been rocked by violent anti-India protests and subsequent crackdowns by government security forces that have killed at least 111 people — mostly teenage boys and young men in their 20s.

India and Pakistan have fought two wars for control over the region since they won independence from Britain in 1947.

May god give strength to the martyr's families and peace to their souls.

Rest in Peace Brothers. The nation is forever indebted to you.

RIP to the soldiers.

Find the scumbags and punish them. I hope its not long before those parasites are found.

They will be found one way or the other , and when found ------

To the fallen heroes who gave their today for a better tomorrow for all Indians ,
" You have the salutations of 1.3 billion Indians " .Hope the GOI is prompt to look into the welfare of their next-of kin ....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom