What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Nice to see you accept that India's control of Kashmir is based on power alone . But the two charectetristics of power make it rather unreliable arbiterer ie relativity of power and dynamic nature of power.

LoL you forgot to read the point which I emphasized upon the most. let me rephrase it for you.

Indian GoI has power because Indian people have given it that power to retain Kashmir come what may.

Power is only an effect. Will of the indian people (including many of those in J&K) is the cause.

Power stems from the will to exercise it.

Power is not the cause, will and support of the people is.

Nice to see you accept that India's control of Kashmir is based on power alone . But the two charectetristics of power make it rather unreliable arbiterer ie relativity of power and dynamic nature of power.

Well the valley certainly has sepratist sentiments, I dont think anyone denies that. But you still have Jammu and LAdakh that together comprise almost 45% of the popilation of the state that have no problem with India. Would the valley people be alright with just an indepedant valley region?
And remeber Pakistan and China are completely against an independant J&K.

I care for the Kashmir people and my heart goes out to the pain they are suffering and IMO the best possible solution would be within the Indian union. This is my opinion ofcourse and many people might not agree to it.
I hope that all parties involved see sense and get down to negotiations for a final resolution. You might want to fully read this article as well.
Peace In Kashmir By Maulana Wahiduddin Khan

And who is this Pro India NC ??:azn:

Do not target missionary property, control emotions: Geelani

Strongly condemning the alleged burning of the Quran in the US, the chairman of the breakaway Hurriyat Conference (HC) Syed Ali Shah Geelani today urged to control their emotions
and not to target the property of Christian missionary in the Kashmir valley

''We condemn those involved in setting ablaze the missionary school at Tangmarg,'' Mr Geelani said here this afternoon.

He called upon the people of the Valley to exercise restraint over the alleged desecration of Holy Quran in the United States (US).

''I can understand that emotions of Kashmiri Muslims have been hurt by the desecration of the Holy Quran,'' he said adding at the same time, we have to control our emotions and not create such a situation which could give a chance to vested interests to defame Islam and our movement.

In a bid to calm down angry protesters in the Kashmir valley, who took to the streets against this act, Mr Geelani addressed the protesters through telephones in various parts of the Valley.

He said the Quran does not approve of attacks on the minority communities or their establishments.

''I urge the Muslims to protect the members of minority community and their religious places. We should at any cost maintain the age old communal harmony and brotherhood for which Kashmir is known world over,'' he said .

Mr Geelani hailed the role of Christian missionaries in dissemination of education in the valley.

Strongly condemning the desecration, he said such acts show the frustration of US and its allies over the popularity of Islam.

''The Holy Quran is in our hearts. By desecration of Quran, the US has accepted its defeat and shown its cowardice,'' he added.

http://news.webindia123.com/news/Articles/India/20100913/1586321.html

And the point of your post is that the hard line freedom fighters asked the people to not to burn missionary schools while on the other hand Govt supported parties were busy in arson of the schools.

Right?

:azn:

And the point of your post is that the hard line freedom fighters asked the people to not to burn missionary schools while on the other hand Govt supported parties were busy in arson of the schools.

Right?

You made my day..:lol:

uneducated and unaware youth is forced in-to this act.

these people have no clue whats right and wrong for them. all these propaganda rumor started from outside the country is the main monster eating these poor people.

Right?

Yeah, the government first told them to burn the schools and then shot them; that what you trying to say?

Well the valley certainly has sepratist sentiments, I dont think anyone denies that. But you still have Jammu and LAdakh that together comprise almost 45% of the popilation of the state that have no problem with India. Would the valley people be alright with just an indepedant valley region?
And remeber Pakistan and China are completely against an independant J&K.

I care for the Kashmir people and my heart goes out to the pain they are suffering and IMO the best possible solution would be within the Indian union. This is my opinion ofcourse and many people might not agree to it.
I hope that all parties involved see sense and get down to negotiations for a final resolution. You might want to fully read this article as well.
Peace In Kashmir By Maulana Wahiduddin Khan
Wahidudun Khan as always is annectodal .Wahiduddin Khan’s narration of an stray incidence has nothing to do with any Islamic content to his political views . Whatever he wrote in above is a political judgment and has nothing to do with his Islamic scholarship and His political judgement is very suspect .As I have said earlier the only case India has in Kashmir is naked power and if Wahidudin Khan wants to peddle this power as something else It speaks much more about him than our struggle .
It is also strange that rather than cuationing his own government in delhi he cuations people in Kashmir and Pakistan .

Wahidudun Khan as always is annectodal .Wahiduddin Khan’s narration of an stray incidence has nothing to do with any Islamic content to his political views . Whatever he wrote in above is a political judgment and has nothing to do with his Islamic scholarship and His political judgement is very suspect .As I have said earlier the only case India has in Kashmir is naked power and if Wahidudin Khan wants to peddle this power as something else It speaks much more about him than our struggle .
It is also strange that rather than cuationing his own government in delhi he cuations people in Kashmir and Pakistan .

You didn't read my post in response to your 'power'ful logic?:undecided:

LoL you forgot to read the point which I emphasized upon the most. let me rephrase it for you.

Indian GoI has power because Indian people have given it that power to retain Kashmir come what may.

Power is only an effect. Will of the indian people (including many of those in J&K) is the cause.

Power stems from the will to exercise it.

Power is not the cause, will and support of the people is.

Let me rephrase voilence + will(of indian elite ) =power

Nineteen people were not killed at one place ...North Kashmir 8
Cental kashmir 7
South Kashmir 4 ...

That wasn't the point he was crudely trying to make, he implied government supported group burnt down the school.

Do you agree with him?

You think someone deserves to be killed because they speak out and protest? You think someone deserves to be killed because they are Kashmiri Muslims? You think someone deserves to be killed because they belong to a region of the subcontinent (where they live and belong and where their roots began) and want something else for their land than someone from gujrat or tamil nadu?

This kind of attitude from indians is the reason why so many people are demanding freedom and independence in India Occupied Kashmir.

Let me simplify this.

Anyone who attacks sec forces with rocks in a curfewed area deserves to be killed. Rest of your statements are no better than a rant..

Church was burned by Pro India NC

At least 17 people were killed and 131 injured today in different parts of the Valley when securitymen opened fire to break up violent protests, triggered by reports of the alleged desecration of the Koran in the United States. The demonstrations quickly turned into anti-government protests and mobs — police said at least one was led by a leader of the ruling National Conference who was later booked — torched a Christian missionary school and government buildings.

Valley fires rage, Omar feels the Delhi chill

Read the news again and try to use ur brain:

1. These were protests against the "burning of Quran" so obviously they were agitated people who get provoked by some radicals and burned the school.

2. Each and every pakistani newspaper and website were jumping up and down with the claims that 17 people gets killed in firing but no one reports that these were to save Christians and public from getting killed by mad mobs provoked by sepratists.

Back
Top Bottom