What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
The problem is If India give Independence to Kashmir (which she won't), Tomorrow there will other wanting Independence. Nation cannot be divided, just because few idiots stand up and said "we want freedom".

Oh yea then lets kill those who protest. Is that what democracy is all about? Killing those who protest. If you think that way, then you dont know the first thing about democracy. Freedom is everyone's right in every democracy.

Oh yea then lets kill those who protest. Is that what democracy is all about? Killing those who protest. If you think that way, then you dont know the first thing about democracy. Freedom is everyone's right in every democracy.

As long as it doesn't interfere Nation defence security and most importantly as long as it doesn't divide nation based on someone or i say anyone point of view.

As long as it doesn't interfere Nation defence security and most importantly as long as it doesn't divide nation based on someone or i say anyone point of view.

The problem with you indians is that you are not willing to stand up for Kashmiris and their rights. No wonder you see protests in India Occupied Kashmir so often and so many demading freedom and independence.

If you see Kashmiris as indians then you have to treat them as other indians and give them freedom that everyone has in a democracy. Freedom to speak out and protest.

You live in America. If 13 people were killed by police/troops in a protest in America, you would see hundreds of good people in America protesting against the murder of those 13 people and they would demand those police/troops face the consequences in prison.

The only indian that sopke in favor of the Kashmiri people was Arundhati Roy and she was labeled as a traitor by the indian public.

Last edited:
Kashmiri's are the most confused people on this earth. The violence there is purely due to their lack of common sense. Also since security forces are soft they are misusing it. I think they deserve to be killed.

I think they deserve to be killed.

You think someone deserves to be killed because they speak out and protest? You think someone deserves to be killed because they are Kashmiri Muslims? You think someone deserves to be killed because they belong to a region of the subcontinent (where they live and belong and where their roots began) and want something else for their land than someone from gujrat or tamil nadu?

This kind of attitude from indians is the reason why so many people are demanding freedom and independence in India Occupied Kashmir.

Let me get this straight.

A US pastor THREATENS to burn the Koran, so the Kashmiri muslims respond by BURING a CHURCH????
:what:

no wonder indian security forces dont like them.

hey numbnuts,

I wasnt asking for the commenters to ''take sides''

I dont think the views on a Yahoo forum matter. But what is important is to clear misconceptions and expose factually incorrect, hypocritical statements (many of which, unfortunately, seem to be coming from your fellow countrymen)

Nobody was interested in your little rants and diatribes on this forum, take my post or leave it.

Incidentally, i aimed it more for PAKISTANIS --as it seems there are misconceptions and stereotypes against them which need to be corrected. Again, learn to comprehend what you read first.

We have a State department for that with millions of dollars in budget. They publish policy papers. Your naivete as to how Americans analyze situations and take sides is unnerving at times. We are a sophisticated country. After all we invented the Internet. Our masses maybe a bit unbothered about the whole thing but the policymakers are right up there. If you talked like this to any of us over here, you would not get a single person to listen to you. You would have lost our ears and our sympathies. Today, as of now, American policy is not to irk India by supporting Kashmir's "independence". We certainly would not listen to Pakistan's rhetoric about Kashmir's independence given that we know that kashmiri areas under pakistan are slowly turning into fundamentalist havens. We have the largest financed intelligence agency in the world and we KNOW!

In your opinion, 'moderate muslims' should stay silent like they are right now if they are being abused, killed, stereotyped and targeted by the media? The people of Kashmir want freedom- you think they'll get it by asking?

"India, can we break up from you as you have no right over us? Please? Apparently democracy works that way. We will not argue or make any noise if you say no- or else we're being 'terrorists' from 'some fanatical Islamic country'. No way. That will make us look like 'uneducated, rag tag people hurling stones! Nobody will support a movement like that'"

Sad bro. Just sad.

If American Kashmiris in great positions take up the cause with the State department and organize events here to talk about it, that would surely sway our opinions. A successful event in Bryant Park would turn more heads than all this rioting ever will. We need to hear from successful, responsible people. It is not without reason that we subject our presidential contestants to endless debates before we choose them and we want the Senate to confirm every presidential appointee. There are rules here. If you play by our rules, you will have our ears. If you are not bothered to do that, it is another story. Iraqi Americans had a huge role to play in America democratizing Iraq. If you dont want us, then that's up to you. You can play with yourself.

The problem with you indians is that you are not willing to stand up for Kashmiris and their rights. No wonder you see protests in India Occupied Kashmir so often and so many demading freedom and independence.

If you see Kashmiris as indians then you have to treat them as other indians and give them freedom that everyone has in a democracy. Freedom to speak out and protest.

You live in America. If 13 people were killed by police/troops in a protest in America, you would see hundreds of good people in America protesting against the murder of those 13 people and they would demand those police/troops face the consequences in prison.

The only indian that sopke in favor of the Kashmiri people was Arundhati Roy and she was labeled as a traitor by the indian public.

Since kasmiris are part of Indian, instead of asking Independence, they should first calm down and behave like citizens of other states. Asking Independence and than abusing India is NOT acceptable at all. I have said before that there should be NO protests allowed if it risk the security of nation.

There has been violence going on in kashmir for the past the 20+ years. So others are used to it, honestly. If people of kashmir become peaceful and develop good moral, than NOT much police will be required to handle their protests other than strong army on the border of pakistan.

Like everyone else, Arundhati Roy also has her own views. For example: she is against India nuclear weapons, while many of Indians are in favor of it. (not kind of person with whom everyone, or even some agree with).

You think someone deserves to be killed because they speak out and protest? You think someone deserves to be killed because they are Kashmiri Muslims? You think someone deserves to be killed because they belong to a region of the subcontinent (where they live and belong and where their roots began) and want something else for their land than someone from gujrat or tamil nadu?

This kind of attitude from indians is the reason why so many people are demanding freedom and independence in India Occupied Kashmir.

Nonesense these people are not as innocent. They deserve to be killed because they are indulging in violence. Too much soft tackling. I guess we should take hard stand. Kill anyone who breaks the law let 500 to 1000 die in a week. Peace will come back.

Nonesense these people are not as innocent. They deserve to be killed because they are indulging in violence. Too much soft tackling. I guess we should take hard stand. Kill anyone who breaks the law let 500 to 1000 die in a week. Peace will come back.

That is not necessary, i think. Just develop some infrastructure and good education system, so those so called protesters will have no time to protest but rather work. :tup:

Dont take those forums so seriously. I've seen that indians try to pass by as White Americans so people would take them seriously, even chose names like Michael or John in those forums when they're really patels and then they talk against Pakistan in those forums. They do that in many forums.

BS... I am an American and I can tell you exactly what Americans think about ISlam and Hinduism. We adopted Yoga from India. Most of the CEOs and influential people here are totally swayed by the dharmic and buddhist principles of India. American see Indians very positively despite them taking our jobs. On the other hand, firebrand Islam is really hated here. Islam has hardly done anything for America. There have been no cultural imports and the isolationist ideologies of Islam means that the religion is largely confined to people who have ghettoized themselves to begin with over here. But moderate Islamic people have done well here and many of them are extremely rich. Get them to talk about Muslim brotherhood and organize movements for independence for Kashmir and we will listen. Get the Saudis to tell us that it is important for us to get India to free Kashmir and we will listen. None of the Islamic people we respect tell us any of this. Why should we listen to Pakistanis, who we do not agree with in the first place? I am really getting annoyed by Pakistanis thinking that people who disagree with them are Indians. We in America do NOT agree with Pakistanis and your culture and your version of Islam. Pakistanis in America these days call themselves Indians or South Asians. There is a problem with Pakistan's image in America. Please understand that and try and correct that, instead of trying to indulge in PR exercises.

However much some Pakistani members may argue, India is not going to be partitioned anymore especially on religious lines; Moreover, what is going in Kashmir Valley is against Kashmiriyat. There is a real danger of Kashmir Valley becoming the FATA of India. GoI has to prevent at all costs the talibanization of Kashmir Valley

BS... I am an American and I can tell you exactly what Americans think about ISlam and Hinduism. We adopted Yoga from India. Most of the CEOs and influential people here are totally swayed by the dharmic and buddhist principles of India. American see Indians very positively despite them taking our jobs. On the other hand, firebrand Islam is really hated here. Islam has hardly done anything for America. There have been no cultural imports and the isolationist ideologies of Islam means that the religion is largely confined to people who have ghettoized themselves to begin with over here. But moderate Islamic people have done well here and many of them are extremely rich. Get them to talk about Muslim brotherhood and organize movements for independence for Kashmir and we will listen. Get the Saudis to tell us that it is important for us to get India to free Kashmir and we will listen. None of the Islamic people we respect tell us any of this. Why should we listen to Pakistanis, who we do not agree with in the first place? I am really getting annoyed by Pakistanis thinking that people who disagree with them are Indians. We in America do NOT agree with Pakistanis and your culture and your version of Islam. Pakistanis in America these days call themselves Indians or South Asians. There is a problem with Pakistan's image in America. Please understand that and try and correct that, instead of trying to indulge in PR exercises.

I dont know what part of the United States you live in, but here in the Northeastern part of the United States we Pakistanis happily say we are Pakistanis and no one looks down at us. My relatives have been living in the U.S. since the 1970's. They said they always tell other Americans they are of Pakistani decent and proudly call themselves Pakistani Americans. They are doing extremely well, and are making above $250,000 yearly in their careers. I live in the U.S. and never in my life called myself indian, i would rather die. I ALWAYS TELL AMERICANS THAT I AM A PAKISTANI.

And by the way, there is no Pakistani version of Islam just like there is no Bosnian version of Islam or an Indonesian version of Islam. Islam is a religion. Pakistani is a nationality and not all Pakistanis are Muslims. There is a Christian Pakistani family in my neighborhood, and even though they are Christians they proudly tell other Americans that they are Pakistani Americans. There are fundamentalists in every nationality, in every race, in every religion. Pakistan is a nation of 180 million people. There are about 300,000 Pakistanis living in the United States of America many of whom have been living in the United Stes for decades. You will find moderate Pakistanis, liberal Pakistanis, and extremist Pakistanis. Same with Arabs, Iranians, etc...

I'm pretty sure you are one of those indians pretending to be white. Dont forget to put your fairness cream before you go to bed, maybe then you can go by as a white.

Last edited:
J & k 's total population is over 1,00,00,000.The protesters we see are from valley only an no where else and that too consisting around a 1% of total in comparison.Infact the anti indian mass is perhaps larger than what we see in the streets in the form of stone pelters and agitators.But mostly prefered to stay away even.

These young men are clearly seems to be more of logs flowing with the flow of river than a river itself destroying public property and govt. buildings.An totally blinded by the facts and factuals of who are puppeting them behind the scenes.

All the nation is watching them and perhaps sentiments are growing against them now allover than any sort of sympathy that could help them rather.

Back
Top Bottom