What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
What India does or doesn't deserve is for God to judge but what makes you think India will buckle to any pressure? Who in this world is so righteous as to teach India what is moral and what is not?

Moreover, in today's economic scenario with India and China being widely touted as the Western world's saviors after the devastating economic crisis, who do you think has the stomach for indulging in such adventurism and risking economic co-operation with world's second-fastest growing economy having a potential consumer middle-class larger than the population of the US.

Accept it, in today's world, everyone thinks about his own interests. Nobody is a saint. The world has a long list of issues to worry about. And kashmir figures, assuming it does, at the very last of the list. :wave:

Wait a few years (may be till the end of this decade). By 2020, India will either be included in the expanded UNSC or will be powerful enough to ignore it altogether or at the very least influence it in its favor. That my dear friend, will be the last nail in the coffin of this dying movement which not many in this materialistic world care about.

Last edited:
Finally Gilgit got some media coverage. Hope they keep up with ongoing turmoil.

lol you lot make me laugh. Gilgit has been in the press for the odd fight or shoot out and a bit of strife. No one has ever made a hullabuloo over it.

The day this report was published i counter 5 threads from Indians with the words "Gilgit and Conflict". Very interesting that people here are pontificating and making khiyali pulao over a region and people they have no understanding of.

pak will have to except the ground realities,the nation who is under critised by even afganistan cant build pressure on india.and for what world look up here,they have their own interst.indiua is satisfying them.i agree that pak is facing tough challenges but few days ago cameron came ,snatched the billion dollar deal and blast the pakistan role.so this is the way world goes

ps,: Do you guys always see others through the prism of ethinicity,religion etc.?

au contraire....

but to say Kashmiris are indians is beyond ridiculous; they are rebelling against the occupation!

Pointing out that mammoth peaceful protests in the occupied territory showed Kashmiris’ anger against Indian oppression, he condemned the imposition of curfew in the territory to quell peaceful protests, which caused nuisance for the people. “People are being stopped to discharge even their religious duties,” he deplored.

Peaceful protests..my left foot.

gounder-albums-my-general-use-picture3428-kashmir-protests.jpg

gounder-albums-my-general-use-picture3429-kashmir-protest.jpg

First let that Owaisi develop the old city of Hyderabad which has become a ghetto of crime,violence and theft and then lecture about faraway Kashmir.:argh:

Last edited:
au contraire....

but to say Kashmiris are indians is beyond ridiculous; they are rebelling against the occupation!

A small correction in sentence,but a blunder in reality,

its not "they are rebelling" - its "A small section of separatists in the Valley (SriNagar,Sopore) are rebelling" and as such they will be dealt as rebels deserve to be.

p.s.: It may be difficult for you to understand how we people of different cultures,languages,religions,ethinicities exist as one nation.Well frankly many do.:cheers:

im sure a good chunk of your population --especially in rural areas, have little concern on Kashmir....does a dravidian tamil really feel affinity towards a Kashmiri? What about the Nagalandians
Yes they do. From North to South and East to West, we understand that Kashmir is non-negotiable.

India Deserves int'l pressure on Referendum in Kashmir

If you were to start laying the prerequisites for this, most people will shy away from this referendum. Let's start with the rehabilitation of Pandits in the valley before this so called referendum. We also need to consider the part of Kashmir that is under Pakistani and Chinese occupation. Is all this possible? Let's get that achieved before calling for referendums.

well! those seperatists arent outsiders, they are Kashmiri citizens....you arent.

therefore what you have to say about them, or for them is irrelevant at this point.

Perhaps over a longer period of time the occupational forces will lose the will to keep their artificial hold over lands (and people) that are not indian, have no loyalty/affiliation to hindustan

it makes no sense to try to control people that genuinely hate the occupation

It's not that we get excited or surprised. We are aware of the situation some media blackout had been observed by Pakistans government to restricting the freedom of expression, journalists in Pakistan side of Kashmir frequently face harassment at the hands of the military, the intelligence agencies and the jihadists alike.

A very clever manipulation by the Indians to show something by using something else, this is what Indians call solid evidence. :rofl::rofl:

Media men demonstrating for implementation of wage board shown as media being brutalized. :rofl:

Then the media guys are stopped for giving coverage to some other event and this is termed as brutalization. :rofl:

In Pakistan democratic govts have closed news channels / newspapers or harassed them, this is just normal process. It happens all over in Pakistan, rather all over the world.

Anyway, i can sense the pain in the a**e from other side, as they need atleast something to show and do propaganda, as something needs to be done to cover the atrocities in IOK.

Whatever you guys have to say, people in and from Northern Areas as well as Azad Kashmir are happy and not being killed and dumped in unmarked graves, their mothers, sisters, daughters being raped, killed, and innocents being tortured and then their bodies being thrown like animals. People of Azad Kashmir are serving in the armed forces and fully participating in daily life activities.

Not like Kashmir occupied by India. Even if press is being pressurized on this side, if something ugly had been happening as what our Indian friends suggest, we would have heard atleast something.

If people can listen developments and peoples plight from within North Korea, then it would be very easy to get information out from place like Norther Areas, where people have their free will still intact.

SO much for Indian propaganda, but its understandable as they need something to try to divert attention from the brutalization in IOK.

Oops some one said earlier that there was no problem is Pakistan Kashmir and they are living a peaceful and harmonic environment:pop::pop: May be this news is also a propaganda right??

Atleast a much better life then what their brethren are experiencing on the other side, well why am i saying that as you people can't see that, as that is justified to you people as they deserve that.

Man, you people are something, making fuss from something which is just normal and forgetting what you people do.

I am eagerly awaiting the blame getting diverted towards the foreign hands of RAW..

Well thanks, great attempt to derail the threat.

What Pakistani members lack, you guys are the best replacements.

[/COLOR]

Well thanks, great attempt to derail the threat.

What Pakistani members lack, you guys are the best replacements.

No intent of that sort at all. Its a pretty foregone conclusion that anything of this sort happening in India and Pakistan automatically gets blames on ISI and RAW respectively. Isnt it?

Back
Top Bottom