What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Thanks for the photo's H20.....looks like a number of people our involved in this protest.......and the first picture is very powerful......kinda reminds me of that photo in tienammen square of that Chinese tank trying to run over that man.

38157_112478848803736_100001248654394_83885_6527504_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

35089_111227588928862_100001248654394_76642_1367176_n.jpg

It also confirms indian media is not free and is controlled by hindus.

We know now what indian media is made up of and how much can it be trusted when they write against Kashmiris.
Hindus also comprised of valley population that were driven out so that religious imbalance happens in your favour. So don't put blame on them all the time. Prior to 1989, there was no such thing.

Kashmir is still the most communal state in the country where Buddhists, Hindus and Sikhs are apprehensive to return. If you want to talk religion, let's talk it that way.

Indians deflecting topics to Balochistan, the moon and Mars are all a sign of wimps, and I have nothing to talk to them. Be a man, don't try to derail a thread :).

The problem I have is with the NY Times and Washington Posts of the world. For the past 10 years I've been hearing one big statement after the other against Pakistan. Sometimes we're ranked worse than Afghanistan, sometimes the world's most dangerous place, we're in cahoots with the Taliban, Osama is in Quetta, is in Karachi, is in FATA... I mean god dammit, we're the centre of the universe if the story was told by these news agencies.

What about India? All the BS about Kashmiris being a part of India has come shattering down, why is the western media thunder totally mum? The BBC, the CNN, they are all giving only passing remarks like "Oh btw, in other news, there's something happening in Kashmir too".

When that kid, Prince, fell in a manhole in India, that got more news coverage than the months long protests against the Indian state. What does that tell you about the credibility of these organizations?
There are two kinds of people in Kashmir today: one/) your stooges called the separatist brigade. The other) those who voted.

Don't be so desperate to take what's ours. :lol:

24240_1437809067597_1304122575_1204624_7642955_n.jpg

24240_1437807947569_1304122575_1204623_5640372_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

25967_1297400158496_1335129812_30844199_5406419_n.jpg

25967_1294294880866_1335129812_30837149_3838995_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

The leader of the freedom fighters fighting for the liberation of Kashmir from the tyranny of India

25967_1294926096646_1335129812_30838738_3480322_n.jpg

It also confirms indian media is not free and is controlled by hindus.

We know now what indian media is made up of and how much can it be trusted when they write against Kashmiris.

The Indian media is controlled by Indians !

People just cannot outgrow the Hindu - Muslim thing .

Then its good Pakistan loss Bangladesh, because clearly the people did not want Pakistani rule to govern them. Same with Kashmir the people don't want Indian rule...so give them independence...what is holding you back.......from my opinion its greed.....and your willing to keep land at the expense of knowing that thousands of people will die.......that to me is a shambolic and disgusting goverment who does such a thing.....whether its Pakistan or India.

Greed??What does Kashmir have?Oil,gold,Diamonds?You think we would spend billions of dollars building railways ,airport,universities in Kashmir if we are not serious .We hold Kashmir because we consider it an integral part of India.We hold Kashmir because th ruler of Kashmir gave it to us.We hold Kashmir because one of the holiest hindu shrine is present there.We hold Kashmir because around 200,000 Kashmiri Pandits (people who have lived in Kashmir for centuries)have to brought back to Kashmir.

We hold Kashmir because it was destined to be with India

why western media is not attacking India?

Because in their colleges of journalism their is no subject called controversy theories:wave:

These people are bigots, they will never talk about what Kasmiri's did to their fellow Hindus. That is called barbarity, these Kashmiri's have blood of hindus in their hand.

Rape and murder two womenes in shopain kashmir by indian army

HR Kashmir: Rape of Kashmiri women and the South Asia

The second link said that bewteen 1990 to 1996 the Indian Army had gang raped 882 women. Yes that was a long time ago....but still the great Democratic Indian army did commit this atrocity and has not been punished for its act.

The first link is the case of Aasiyan and Neelofar Jan because raped and killed by security forces. The fact that these rapes have occured signifys that your Army is not fit to be in Kashmir, and that you have no right to govern them.

Amnesty International | Working to Protect Human Rights

How do you not know that women from these villages were not raped and killied and buried in unmarked graves.......looks like the Indian establishment was trying to hide things.....how dispicable reminfds me of the Nazi's.

Indian Army To Fire Officer In Kashmir Rape Case

Kashmir rape and murder case takes a political turn!

INDIA: 63 Women Raped in Kashmir By Soldiers: Police - News Library - News & Events - PeaceWomen

HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS IN KASHMIR: Troops raped 51 Kashmiri women in 6 yrs: J&K Police

Kashmir: Shopian double murder and rape High Court directs arrest and blood-test of four top cops but protests still refuse to die down

But I have read no rape cases in 2010, which is good but the fact that 63 women have been raped since 2002 to 2008 by Indian security forces is alarming.

So basically its India's greed to maintain Kashmir.....as you yourself have said that the political party that gives Kashmir independence or allow a plebiscite will be thrown out by the Indian population. That notion just signifies that your willing to make Indians happy....but not the Kashmiri people who reside in that land. Karan can you please tell me....why is the Indian arm forces are always actively raping and killing Kashmiri's...there are so many cases.....does it give your goverement a right to do so.

Im not condoning rapes or murders...I condemning it...Im not sure I understand why Kashmiri's should be able to defy rest of India's will...In many states of India the ruling party is BJP...while the centre is controlled by Congress and its policies are not liked by its supporters..forget that...most govt's are elected with maybe 10% of overall voters voting for that party....thats the reality...

In Pakistan, even that formality has typically not happned due to the military...the point is that Im not sure 'what' democratic process they dont have that others in India have...infact J & K has a special status and enjoy more rights at state level than others...However, they continue to protest....

The army was sent their after the protests (in 90's)...if they are complaining about rigging...then they arent different from Bihar...if State govt is corrupt...well..so are the rest of state govts, central govts....Well..Canada might have provisions to separate..India doesnt....

I cannot fathom..what is their problem in the first place....Religion..well..there are more Muslims in other states....than in J & K...

The army hasnt treated any insurgency with any restraint...they are not trained to..and rightly so...

But when it comes to J & K..they are accused to have an agenda against Kashmiri's...Basically, they seem to display 'victim' mentality which Pakistan is suffering from and the main symptom is conspiracy theories...ofcourse you guys will not agree...but is sadly true...

Eventually...in the interest of world peace and livelihood of 100 cr Indians and 16 cr pakistani's the 8 lac kashmiri's should migrate and 80% of the people will be happy....thats much more than any other democratic system I know can deliver.

1. Any political party that gives away an integral part of our country, needs to be thrown out and tried for treason. Where have I seen this before. Oh Yes.. Didnt that happen to Bhutto??

Ah looser mentality is quite visible! when you cannot argue and justify killings of Kashmiris( i am refring to killing that are going on their from decades, killing in recent few days was only small clip of whole movie)
lets just divert the topic to other issues.

2. There is no difference between Indians and Kashmiri people. We will make all Indians including Kashmiris happy.. Just hiccupps on the way caused by ineffective politics and some garam masala from the neighbourhood

Their is a lot of difference between true Kashmiri ( here i am not refring to those people who are settling their as part of the effort by Indian establishment to tilt the whole balance in favor of hindus) and a Bharti (Indian). Kashmirs are killed but indians are not, Kashmiri are raped but indians are not Kashimirs are not allowed to have free media but Indians are.

And as far as you think that this garam masala is a Pakistani creation then think again. Let me give few neutral sources:::

Police fire on protest in Kashmir, two dead

India soldiers kill Kashmiri child in protests

Nine killed in anti-India protests in Kashmir

3. I believe, controlling miscreants who are rioting is prefered to letting them have free hand to cause violence and deaths of others who are not towing there line.

India soldiers kill Kashmiri child in protests

yea! children killed in Kashmir were terrorists!!!!

A good example is that with the action of sec forces, we have 45 deaths in Kashmir over a period of a month. Some regrettable, some not. On the other hand, due to inaction of police in Karachi, the rioters and criminals actually massacarred 85 people in 3 days flat. Both situations are bad, but given a choice, I will still go with the first.

Ah again a looser's mentality! Karachi is not far different from Mumbai in gang wars..... wana see

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/mumbai-gang-war-shoots-back/24287-3.html

Gang war breaks out Mumbai's high security Arthur Road prison

Even New York is not that behind in gang wars.

Fact of the matter is Army killing innocent Kashmiris children cannot be compared with gang wars.

Also look at the stats below.. I will listen to your lecture once you get your house in order, because unless you do, your advice has no credibility that it will make things better for India (including Kashmir).

Interesting trend developing over the years...

Stat???? give us a link from where you got that. Lets see whether these are stats or usual Hindustan Times bu*****.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom