What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Stop dreaming graphican. Anyone who knows the first thing about Middle-eastern politics knows that pan-Islamism is a virtual myth, the refrain of Al-Qaida type fringe groups to justify their violence.

The Iranians loath the Arabs, and the Arabs loath South Asians. Turkey is a secular country whose citizens put their country first every day.

The people of Indonesia and Malaysia do the same.

Only in countries like Pakistan, do these ideas acquire credibility in the mainstream. Divorced as they are from their own traditions and history, they look up to the middle-east for a sense of false identity.

There where pakistan flags flying in indian occupied kashmir on pakistans independence day and indian flags being burned on indians independence day.......yeah the kashmiris must really love india:rofl:

There where pakistan flags flying in indian occupied kashmir on pakistans independence day and indian flags being burned on indians independence day.......yeah the kashmiris must really love india:rofl:

And the Assamies too :D :pakistan:

It is so pathetic that no body until now has decided to comment, and that this very gruesome and horrific event that recently took place in Kashmir has not been given attention...Absolutely pathetic.

Today, early in the morning as I was reading the New York Times Online -World Section I came across this absolutely horrific, barbaric, and gruesome story. It is very overwhelming and disturbing. What is even more disgusting is there are still people in our country that wish to 'negotiate' or wish to meet the Indian's at the diplomatic round table, those people are most likely down right spineless jellyfish who fail to recognize the barbarity and all things below human decency that has flourished in Kashmir since Indian occupation 63 years ago.

I said this before I'll say it again, The War was declared a long time ago. The war has not ended, hostilities have not ceased. Pakistan ought to increase liberation activities in Kashmir and supply training and arms to Kashmiris. This weak, spineless, corrupt, pos government in Islamabad ought to be removed...The Pakistani military must remain concentrated on Kashmir, the war is not over I repeat the war is not over. InshAllah I myself and others will be given an opportunity to participate in this noble cause.

Crush Hindustan.

So the question, I posed was ..."how are you so sure that they will vote for Pakistan and not choose any other option"

Originally there were two options, one to go with Pakistan and the other to go with India ... now people are talking of a third option also which is an independent Kashmir.

Pakistan has no problem with any option as long as the people of Kashmir make that choice.

Kashmiris will either go for complete independence or Pakistan, going with India may be an option for some regions but most will be against India.

Contrary to the popular belief in Pakistan, it is actually Pakistan which reneged on UN resolution. India stands on a firm legal ground.

That firm legal ground is actually as weak as paper so don't count on it. Fact remains that majority of Kashmiris don't want anything to do with India.

The land belongs to Kashmir state, not India. India simply has the illegitimate occupation over the land of Kashmir. Why should we accept people of Kashmir? Why should they leave their state? Because India occupies their state? No.:tdown:

Kashmir wanted wanted to remain an independent principality and tried to avoid accession to either country. Then Pakistan invaded Kashmir in 1947 .Fearing that his forces would be unable to withstand the assault, the Maharaja Hari Singh asked for Indian military assistance. India set a condition that Kashmir must accede to India for it to receive assistance. Whereupon the Government of India recognized the accession of the erstwhile princely state to India, and was considered the new Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir, Indian troops were sent to the state to defend it against the Pakistani forces.

That way Pakistan simply has the illegitimate occupation over the land of Kashmir not India. :suicide:

Oh, please, now you want to talk about 16 century?

BTW, were India part of it? Guess not?

Will it be better to talk about 1962 China-Indo war?

Thanks for inviting China for a nice cake walk!! HAHAHA:smitten:

:pakistan::china:

Cut the crap and behave with more maturity king of rants:angry:

Interesting article

Kashmiris on a date with their virtual love — City of Joy

All through the 60 years of his life, Kolkata was quite different from many other places Sonawala Mir had seen on television. A resident of a remote village in Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir, the images on TV allured him, as he dreamt of a whistle-blowing train moving into the Howrah station.

Nearly a week ago, he lived his dream when he left home as a part of the Sadhbhavana XI, a motivational tour organised under the aegis of the 17 th Infantry Brigade of the Dagger Division by the 16th Battalion, the Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry.

His co-passenger, 55-year-old Ghulam Sheikh’s face glows with a child-like animation as he remembers how three days ago, when he first landed at the Howrah station. “I had seen pictures of the Howrah Bridge on TV. My heart lept when I saw it for real,” says Sheikh.

For the 15 elderly people from Naugam region in Kupwara, Kolkata has more to it than just the magnificent Howrah Bridge — the ‘best fish in India’, steamer ride in Hooghly, just to name a few. “We have always had a close links with Kolkata. Several of our relatives used to come here to sell shawls,” says Mir.

And stories about the city, its warmth and cultural milieu, were among the ones that lighted up evenings for Mir and his friends in their villages. “There were several contract labourers from Bengal in our area. We have fond memories of our interaction with them,” says sexagenarian Mir Mohammad Tanchi.

The Kashmiri visitors remember Bengali tourists also. “Bengali tourists used to throng Kashmir, though there aren’t many from Bengal who come visiting now. Over the years, the number dwindled due to terrorism. But now there’s no reason why they should fear visiting Kashmir,” says Mir.

Kashmir, assert the visitors, is as safe, as hassle-free, as other Indian states are. The past still haunts, though. Something that still echoes among the repeated assurances of peace.

“We want to live in peace. We want peace in the Valley,” says Ghulam Hasan Mir, a schoolteacher. The terror, they say, went away with the ‘90s. “Those were the bad days. We wouldn’t leave home, lived on little food,” recounts Tanchi.

Children too, were not sent to schools under the shadow of insurgency. Before the conversation turns grim, however, an effusive Mir breaks in. “Whatever attacks and problems are reported in Kashmir are a handiwork of the people of enemy countries. Kashmiris carry their loyalty only for India,” he asserts.

Kolkata, apart from the Victoria Memorial and its ‘British swords’, is a model city for several of them. “We want our children to grow up like children in Kolkata do. Disciplined, smart and self-assured,” says Tanchi, referring to the Army School students they observed during their stay. “Schools are more organised here. Education, sport, cultural activities —everything is encouraged by the school. We just hope things turn out to be the same in our villages,” says Mir.

The organisers are hopeful too. “We want people from the once strife-torn and shunned Kashmir to identify with the rest of the country and vice-versa,” says Major Vipul Yadav, 16 J&K Light Infantry, who accompanied the fifteen on the tour, which also had Jammu and Lucknow in its itinerary.

Fits right in to the spirit of the tour.

please google 'Shabir Ahmad Malik' and you will see the colour of the flag!!!!!!!

This is what Zakir Niak Said. I accept that. So every Muslim in India should identify himself a Muslim and Indian and so they should associate themselves with Ummah as much as they do with India. Right?

Yes, as any other nation should and extend co-operation to other nations. In today's terminology we call it humanitarian principles, in Islam its called ummatpan and was a bedorck for Islamic civilization much before western nations applied it to their own societies. But conceptually it is exactly the same. Unfotunately we have forgotten this.

I quote the last two paras from my previous post

Ofcourse as a muslim I care about muslims around the world for their well being. Infact I care for all the humans around the world, including non-muslims.

In case you didnt know, the word ummah by definition means ALL people from the time of prophet muhammad (SAW) till the last person till judgement day. And that includes muslims and non-muslims. So when we make dua for ummat-e-muhammad, that includes non-muslims as well

china's territory is still 3 times bigger than india's........i don't know much about the history ,china probably took the whole tibet from india thousands years ago:rofl::rofl:what real matter is where you are and what you are capable now

when it comes to tibet, or Xinding, (I am sorry if i spell wrong, since chines names are hard to say or read), you guys always back up, because you know, THAT IS NOT YOUR LAND.

:devil::):coffee:

As a matter of principle? What the Indian constitution stands for breaking contracts and treaties?

The plebiscite would involve the general people not just separatists. It's India that's not showing guts because no one would vote for them. Contesting elections? What validity does armed hostage takers, rapists and murderers have to organize elections?

1. As per agreement, Pakistan was supposed to begin withdrawing from occupied areas, with the vacated areas to be handed over to local authorities under supervision of UN.

2. Pakistan did not begin withdrawing from Kashmir, as required by the agreement.

3. Consequently, the UN did not inform India about Pakistan's withdrawal.

4. Nor did Pakistan ever protest to the UN asking it to inform India about Pakistan's withdrawal, for the simple reason that the withdrawal never began.

5. Finally, Pakistan threw the whole agreement into the garbage bin by sponsoring terrorism in J&K from 1965 onwards.

6. For all these reasons, the agreement is dead.

Last edited:
please google 'Shabir Ahmad Malik' and you will see the colour of the flag!!!!!!!

7ee725f3c367834623b6c27b93086633.jpg

74b636e759d22e66d97f7f6d96056884.jpg

9f463f925f1c873f94015bfd7d0f8719.jpg

Back
Top Bottom