What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Well anyone insisting on UN resolutions, and this particularly holds for the leadership of GoP or GoI, IMO is actually proving that they are NOT sincere with resolving the Kashmir issue. That they are just hypocrites who want to drag the problem.

Why is insisting on UN resolutions shows that they are insincere, among other reasons because:
(1) UN resolutions don't have the option of Independence and this option was removed on Pakistan's insistence. The majority of the separatists in India and Pakistan want Independence not joining Pakistan.
(2) Before the plebiscite can be implemented, there are clear pre-reqs which requires vacating Pakistani troops and those that are "not normally resident therein" to be removed from the J&K state including gilgit Baltistan. It would be foolish to expect the Pakistani army withdrawing from Pakistani Kashmir.
(3) If India wins the plebiscite, all J&K including Gilgit Baltistan will go to India, is realistic to expect Pakistan to handover this important land bridge to China over to India?

We need a resolution, but all heads have to be realistic and show that you are sincere. That was what Bhutto had agreed in the Shimla agreement.

Yes the plebiscite will be conducted once the millions of Hindu Pandits who were chased out of the valley by ur "freedom fighters" will return to their homes and the settlers in ur AJK from other parts of Pakistan are sent back to their original places.

what bullshit. if this was true what makes you think they want to live in a hostile environment where these hindus will be hated.

anyways you indians are just going to fill your side with hindus from all over india to distort the election result.

The United nations passed three resolutions calling for a plebiscite to be held but India ignored such calls. India refuses to hold a plebiscite for fear that the majority of Kashmiris would vote to join Pakistan.

Last edited:
if u not allow media in pak occupied kashmir and claim that ..they all happy so how some one gonna believe

who know what they do with those peoples

They are not getting raped, beaten or killed.

They are not forced to do anything they do not want to do, they have free travel rights.

Yes, there is poverty there, but what can Pakistan do? Pakistan is fighting terrorism, protecting threat from india.

Pakistan has no oil. There are other parts of Pakistan that are poor too.

Well anyone insisting on UN resolutions, and this particularly holds for the leadership of GoP or GoI, IMO is actually proving that they are NOT sincere with resolving the Kashmir issue. That they are just hypocrites who want to drag the problem.

Why is insisting on UN resolutions shows that they are insincere, among other reasons because:
(1) UN resolutions don't have the option of Independence and this option was removed on Pakistan's insistence. The majority of the separatists in India and Pakistan want Independence not joining Pakistan.
(2) Before the plebiscite can be implemented, there are clear pre-reqs which requires vacating Pakistani troops and those that are "not normally resident therein" to be removed from the J&K state including gilgit Baltistan. It would be foolish to expect the Pakistani army withdrawing from Pakistani Kashmir.
(3) If India wins the plebiscite, all J&K including Gilgit Baltistan will go to India, is realistic to expect Pakistan to handover this important land bridge to China over to India?

We need a resolution, but all heads have to be realistic and show that you are sincere. That was what Bhutto had agreed in the Shimla agreement.

your kidding right. you do not actually think india will win? :rofl::rofl:

@EjazR after searching through a bit i found that the Indian poll was done by the Cvoter foundation of Delhi while the Pakistan Poll was done by D3 systems, Virginia..The same company that is frequently scrutinized for its association with CIA (its located in virginia, very close to the CIA headquarters)

so excuse me for not believing those numbers you put up..they are nothing more than propaganda statistics created by an "Indian" agency since the polls in India were done by an "Indian" agency and not an independent agency.

Also i find this fact very ironic, it should have been the opposite case when selecting agencies because to really find out the public opionion in IoK a foreign agency should have been brought it but no, the polls were only "posted" on a foreign agency website..look at the report they posted on the website.In it tells that it was an Indian agency that conducted polls in India whereas in Pakistan where the situation is more stable a foreign agency and that too one that is known for its shady CIA association was brought in

what bullshit. if this was true what makes you think they want to live in a hostile environment where these hindus will be hated.

Now BS is wat u ve posted with utter disregard for facts.
they were living peacefully with their Kashmiri Muslim brethern until those Du**** terrorists chased them out of their homes.
They r more than willing to return to their homes and Indian govt should give them the security.

anyways you indians are just going to fill your side with hindus from all over india to distort the election result.

Again unadulterated BS.Article 370 of Indian constitution prohibits such a thing.But it is true of Pakistani Occupied Kashmir.Even them Jammu and Ladakh is fully Hindus and Buddhists and the fate of Jammu and Kashmir is sealed as a whole ,not in parts.

The United nations passed three resolutions calling for a plebiscite to be held but India ignored such calls. India refuses to hold a plebiscite for fear that the majority of Kashmiris would vote to join Pakistan.

We cant be holding plebiscites just because some nutcases go about shouting it..Anyways even if we conduct it it will be only after the UN specified conditions are met by Pakistan.Till then :wave:

@EjazR after searching through a bit i found that the Indian poll was done by the Cvoter foundation of Delhi while the Pakistan Poll was done by D3 systems, Virginia..The same company that is frequently scrutinized for its association with CIA (its located in virginia, very close to the CIA headquarters)

so excuse me for not believing those numbers you put up..they are nothing more than propaganda statistics created by an "Indian" agency since the polls in India were done by an "Indian" agency and not an independent agency.

Also i find this fact very ironic, it should have been the opposite case when selecting agencies because to really find out the public opionion in IoK a foreign agency should have been brought it but no, the polls were only "posted" on a foreign agency website..look at the report they posted on the website.In it tells that it was an Indian agency that conducted polls in India whereas in Pakistan where the situation is more stable a foreign agency and that too one that is known for its shady CIA association was brought in

CVoter was working under Dr. Irwin and employed local Kashmiris to do the polling and questioning. I came to know about this report through a friend (a local Kashmiri) who was employed by the group. If you actually go through the report you will see how involved the process was. It was not just a simple poll and involved many rounds of discussions and compilations. The methodology is also given in the report.

There are other opinion surveys which say the same. I can quote the EU report as well in this regard.

D3 is also a market research group. And it would have definitely had to employ local people as well.

Other similar surveys conducted resulted in similar outcomes and in the composite dialogue being formulated along these lines. The J&K govt. in India formed parliamentary panels to address the main concerns in detail.

It is your choice if you want to accept the polls or not. But from opinion surveys and my experience. I can say that this is more or less accurate.

If you don't see the reality that majority of the separatists elements in Indian Kashmir actually want independence and do not want to be part of Pakistan, then that is upto you.

CVoter was working under Dr. Irwin and employed local Kashmiris to do the polling and questioning. I came to know about this report through a friend (a local Kashmiri) who was employed by the group. If you actually go through the report you will see how involved the process was. It was not just a simple poll and involved many rounds of discussions and compilations. The methodology is also given in the report.

There are other opinion surveys which say the same. I can quote the EU report as well in this regard.

D3 is also a market research group. And it would have definitely had to employ local people as well.

Other similar surveys conducted resulted in similar outcomes and in the composite dialogue being formulated along these lines. The J&K govt. in India formed parliamentary panels to address the main concerns in detail.

It is your choice if you want to accept the polls or not. But from opinion surveys and my experience. I can say that this is more or less accurate.

If you don't see the reality that majority of the separatists elements in Indian Kashmir actually want independence and do not want to be part of Pakistan, then that is upto you.

then why not let them be independent? why continue to rape, beat and kill?

Well if the world calls 700,000 soldiers hanging over the head as free then we are sorry to be unable to provide that service to Kashmiris on our side.

They live in Pakistan.

they work here every one travels freely.

there are no killings of civilians by army or other security agencies.

People share same problems with other Pakistanis and that is price hike, poverty, energy crises and other daily life issues.

All the political parties have presence there, they have their own parties as well,
their own PM, their own Assembly then how come some one can score it 7???

Even I have been there many times and its even better than other parts of Pakistan if security is the concern.

Most of all they don't want separation from Pakistan and they donot protest just because they are not suppressed!!!

And that doesn't require much of logical calculations and common sense to understand that these signs show people are happy. But some super natural human species possessing average minds can't digest it.

your must be joking ...........they have their own government.......
for wht .. they have no power they cant do anything by their own

no the other hand people from J&K select their own government who has power of decision taking they are not dummy government

by pakistan not allow press in pak occupied kashmir ???????????
in j&K press is total free

in pak occupied kashmir their are lots of terrorist camps running
by tht way u educate their childrens and u want to say that peoples in pak occupied kashmir are happy

:argh::argh:

then why not let them be independent? why continue to rape, beat and kill?

Because, the GoP and majority of the people of J&K don't want that for one thing. When it comes to decide the future of J&K its not only the vocal sepratists but ALL the people of J&K including the pro-Indian muslims, the buddhists, the hindus and the pro-pakistani kashmiris of mirpur e.t.c. who will decide the future.

The first step is to understand the diverse opinions and then move ahead on the resolution.

if u not allow media in pak occupied kashmir and claim that ..they all happy so how some one gonna believe

who know what they do with those peoples

firstly this article was on an another thread as well few weeks back..
secondly... why is this that all these kinds of articles are from indian media or indian trying to highlight this kind of crap...
well i have seen kashmiris as same citizen of pakistan as anyone else is...
they are facing the same problems as other pakistanis are facing..
and also it is one of the most peaceful areas and now a days best for tourism... so i don't know how one can find this kind of nonsense...

i have seen kashmiris in all parts of pakistan working freely and not only that they have a great population that is working abroad specially UK...
they have been member of parliaments in many EU countries...
and they are a realy strong community in UK
Now i don't know why those millions of kashmiris living in EU and other foreign countries come up with this kind of crap??
... if there is situation like what the article suggest then why those AJK people living in foreign countries and some of them even MP's don't raise these issues?? suprizing realy ... i suggest that these kinds of nonsense should not be allowed here...

your must be joking ...........they have their own government.......
for wht .. they have no power they cant do anything by their own

no the other hand people from J&K select their own government who has power of decision taking they are not dummy government

by pakistan not allow press in pak occupied kashmir ???????????
in j&K press is total free

in pak occupied kashmir their are lots of terrorist camps running
by tht way u educate their childrens and u want to say that peoples in pak occupied kashmir are happy

:argh::argh:

totally nonsense and based on hatred...
u know dear AJK has more literacy rate than rest of pakistan... any knowledge??? im sure even if you have any you sidelined just because you hate pakistan...
you know they have better road infratructure than rest of pakistan...
they have higher HDI than rest of pakistan....

and last i don't know why what is wrong with india but you are making fun of your self... just to hide what india is doing with kashmiris across the LOC....

please i know you hate pakistan but please try to be abit realistic

firstly this article was on an another thread as well few weeks back..
secondly... why is this that all these kinds of articles are from indian media or indian trying to highlight this kind of crap...
well i have seen kashmiris as same citizen of pakistan as anyone else is...
they are facing the same problems as other pakistanis are facing..
and also it is one of the most peaceful areas and now a days best for tourism... so i don't know how one can find this kind of nonsense...

i have seen kashmiris in all parts of pakistan working freely and not only that they have a great population that is working abroad specially UK...
they have been member of parliaments in many EU countries...
and they are a realy strong community in UK
Now i don't know why those millions of kashmiris living in EU and other foreign countries come up with this kind of crap??
... if there is situation like what the article suggest then why those AJK people living in foreign countries and some of them even MP's don't raise these issues?? suprizing realy ... i suggest that these kinds of nonsense should not be allowed here...

if you talk nonsense BS (rape, kill ) so its ok and claim that people in j&k are not happy so its ok

if as u claim they are that much happy so why press is not free in p0k ??? and why their elected government have no right of making decision ???? why pakistan show dummy government ???
why terrorist camps running in p0k ???

totally nonsense and based on hatred...
u know dear AJK has more literacy rate than rest of pakistan... any knowledge??? im sure even if you have any you sidelined just because you hate pakistan...
you know they have better road infratructure than rest of pakistan...
they have higher HDI than rest of pakistan....

and last i don't know why what is wrong with india but you are making fun of your self... just to hide what india is doing with kashmiris across the LOC....

please i know you hate pakistan but please try to be abit realistic

Thanx for the information. Now please learn about the Indian side of J&K as well.

In 1947, J&K was at the bottom of the economic ladder in India. In 1960-61 it ranked 11th among 16 states of India in per capita income; in 1971-72, 14th among 24 states. But with generous Central assistance it had improved its position by 1981-82 to number 7, surpassing industrial West Bengal, A.P., Karnataka and Tamil Nadu!

What happened after that? Insurgency. It is not a coincidence that the per capita income of J&K has been stagnant for the past 20 years, since the insurgency started.

Everyone knows that the problem in J&K is NOT economic/developmental. It is political in nature.

Kashmiris on the Indian side are allowed to air their greivances in public with a free and fair media presence. The same cannot be said about the so called Azad J&K.

Mir Jafar from Bengal and Shiekh Abdullah from Kashmir.
:agree:

Back
Top Bottom