What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
I think J&K needs a Modi-like CM; in terms of development focus of course.

It is the responsibility of the state govt to incentivize private investment in the region. Unfortunately, the Abdullahs and the Muftis have yet to come out of the royal mindset, something like Vasundhra Raje Scindia.

Give the private investors tax incentives. Actively promote Public Private Participation. Promote the local industry. Make SEZs. (Hell, make an apple SEZ. If Assam can have a Banana Park, why can't J&K?). Promise them of no political interference.

If the Govt. does that, I don't see any reason why private industry will not come to J&K.

I think J&K needs a Modi-like CM; in terms of development focus of course.

It is the responsibility of the state govt to incentivize private investment in the region. Unfortunately, the Abdullahs and the Muftis have yet to come out of the royal mindset, something like Vasundhra Raje Scindia.

Give the private investors tax incentives. Actively promote Public Private Participation. Promote the local industry. Make SEZs. (Hell, make an apple SEZ. If Assam can have a Banana Park, why can't J&K?). Promise them of no political interference.

If the Govt. does that, I don't see any reason why private industry will not come to J&K.

another reason of lack of investment is connectivity...................railways taking taking too much time:hitwall:

Im repeating this..
REPEAL ARTICLE 370....nd Hey Presto....u ll have the insurgency on its death beds...

good Idea. let other Indians(Non kashmiri) buy immovable property or build settlements of people from other part of India like Pak did.

another reason of lack of investment is connectivity...................railways taking taking too much time:hitwall:

As someone who works in Indian Railways, I can tell you that the difficult terrain poses a very big technical challenge to construction of rail links to J&K. However, it is nothing that a little investment cannot fix.The problem is that IR is cash strapped.

Also the focus is not on rail connectivity to J&K. I assure you, if we have a Railway minister from J&K, not only will there be 3-4 new rail links to J&K announced every year, but 5-6 rail coach factories as well :D:D:D

Guyz stop dreaming about Indian Kashmir be content with what you have. We don't want any part of Pakistan.
You have tried every trick in the book from wars, infiltration, insurgency, terrorist activity in India to dialogue nothing has worked alas kashmir is still with India and will remain that way.

As someone who works in Indian Railways, I can tell you that the difficult terrain poses a very big technical challenge to construction of rail links to J&K. However, it is nothing that a little investment cannot fix.The problem is that IR is cash strapped.

Also the focus is not on rail connectivity to J&K. I assure you, if we have a Railway minister from J&K, not only will there be 3-4 new rail links to J&K announced every year, but 5-6 rail coach factories as well :D:D:D

well there was anoncement in budget about rail link to leh-ladakh.

about Rail link in valley................according to planning it should had been completed a decade ago.............work still going on.

IR is cash trapped???...............oh yaar isnt railways running in huge profit???:yahoo:

It has been discussed thread bare in discussions between Toxic and I, Pakistan did not violate the UNSC resolutions.

Please read through them and offer some new arguments supporting your POV or negating mine instead of just repeating your premise, which I believe has been shown to be false.

its easy to get on the guys back and prove him wrong, but what he said is quite right. Just like many other issues, the story being put out is very different than the reality. India's efforts to push peace and prosperity in the valley are amazing and the stark difference between Indian Kashmir and "Azad Kashmir " is a true testament to that. Like it or not the so called Kashmir movement is dying down and its quite apparent to see that. Unless and until another war is provoked to somehow charge up the so called movement again, the days of the so called " Freedom Fighters " are numbered.

We all know how IR is in profits. Our assets are 100 yrs old and we haven't tried to build sufficient new lines.

Back to J&K, I just thought of another practical reason to promote SEZs.

One of the reasons why private industry hesitates to invest in J&K is due to security issues. It would be logistically easier the state govt to provide security to all companies at the same place rather than scattered industries.

India must bump up its investments in Kashmir even more, the prosperity and well being of Indian Kashmiri's is of paramount importance. External influences can then be easily negated. Salute to the Indian armed Forces for allowing such initiatives to prosper in the valley.

India must bump up its investments in Kashmir even more, the prosperity and well being of Indian Kashmiri's is of paramount importance. External influences can then be easily negated. Salute to the Indian armed Forces for allowing such initiatives to prosper in the valley.

Everyone agrees that there are GOVERNMENT jobs available in J&K, not PRIVATE jobs. And the private sector does not respond to such sentiments. As long as projects will not be financially viable and secure from political/social risks, private investment will not come to J&K. So not only should the govt look to invest in J&K, but they should make it an attractive destination for private investments.

Sopore Tense, Shut Down Continues for 3rd Day
Srinagar, May 04 (KMS): In occupied Kashmir, over fifty thousand civilians have been detained under the draconian law, Public Safety Act, during the last twenty one years of the uprising against Indian occupation. This was revealed by the President of the Bar Association of the occupied territory, Mian Abdul Qayoom, while talking to Kashmir Media Service in Srinagar, today.

The draconian law authorizes the occupation authorities to detain a person for a period upto two years without producing him before a court of law.

Mian Abdul Qayoom said that presently 800 to 900 persons were behind the bars under the Public Safety Act and it was invoked against 250 Kashmiris only in the current year. He said during a period of one year, the draconian law was slapped seven times on APHC leader, Shabbir Ahmed Shah, eight times on Mussarat Alam Butt and four times each on Muhammad Yousaf Mir, Ghulam Nabi Sumji, Hafizullah and Bilal Siddiqi.

Later, Mian Abdul Qayoom and the vice president of the Bar, Aijaz Beidar visited Bandipore to express solidarity with the families of illegally detained civilians.

Meanwhile, Sopore remained tense for the third day, today, over the killing of a youth. The locals told mediamen that the killing was the handiwork of Indian troops. All markets and educational institutions remained closed and transport was off the road.

A bomb blast occurred, today, in the Hari Singh High Street area of Srinagar without causing any causality. An army trooper committed suicide by hanging himself on a ceiling fan at an army camp in Udhampur. This has brought the number of such deaths amongst the troops to 176 since January 2007.

In London, the Executive Director of Kashmir Centre, Professor Nazir Ahmed Shawl, in a statement, deplored the silence of the international community over the discovery of unnamed graves in the occupied territory.

50,000 Kashmiris detained under draconian law | Kashmir Media Service

The so called world's biggest democracy yet again proves it's credentials. :tdown:

Back
Top Bottom