What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
You didn't kill Kasab, why did you kill everyone else? This argument is so stupid, you're defending the actions of violent criminals who attacked Mirwaiz. They were trying to kill him and use of lethal force was obviously justified against them.

Again why are you still clutching at the straws --- Prove me that the Pandit brother came with a gun to kill Mirwaiz.Dont just trump up claims for te sake of arguing.

Again you are sidestepping the argument that if the wanton violence of the Valley Muslim stone pelters are justified so too is the action of the Kashmiri Pandit brothers.You cant have two standards for the two people from the same 'disputed territory'

Now if they do a repeat of this in Kolkata and the Indian police allows it, then the Indian state should be held accountable for not using all means necessary to prevent a crime.

Now this is downright ludicurous ---- Why should Indian State be held accountable for the safety of a man who advocated breaking up of India (sedition) sitting squat in India itself. :blink:

Again, Kashmir is disputed territory and hence it is the right of Kashmiris to attack the Indian soldiers. Chandigarh is not, and neither was he there waging war against India, and neither were the mob an Indian security force.

And equally its the right of the Kashmiri Pandit brothers to protest in any way possible for the man who was responsible for their plight today ---- the tag of Kashmiri doesnt belong to the Valley Muslims alone

Actually India dropped the ball on that. J&K under India's forced rule allowed that to happen. Moreover its nothing new, religious based mass relocations happened all over India and Pakistan at times of strife.

India could've prevented it by providing better security to the Pandits, but I doubt they would've stayed since at times of strife people will relocate to places where they would feel more welcomed.

If it was a Kashmiri free nation then you could blame the Kashmiris for what happened to the Pandits, but it was your rule, your control - hence your fault.

We are not discussing faults here.

The point that caught my eye was the welcome being offered to Pandits .

Yes it is India's fault . The fault lies in going to the UN and accepting a cease fire in 48. The fault lies in not abrogating article 376 , the fault lies in molly cuddling those within who take advantage of the democratic system to suggest sedition.

But then, all these are our internal issues and shall be solved internally.

Indians have a stake in Kashmir: Mirwaiz - Hindustan Times

A day after being physically assaulted in Chandigarh, an undeterred All Parties Hurriyat Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq has moved on to his next destination to "tell India about the idea behind Kashmir's struggle." "I guess mainstream India is not aware of the ground reality of Kashmir,
and the whole thing there was being seen through Pakistani prism. That's not the case. Why Kashmir is angry, there is very little or no understanding of it," The Mirwaiz told Hindustan Times on phone from Delhi on Friday.

" From our point of view, the people of India are stake holders in Kashmir as well. The public opinion would matter a lot in taking any decision on the resolution of Kashmir," he said as he underlined that "being pro-Kashmir doesn't mean being anti-India."

"We are trying to tell what our ideas are. What Kashmir struggle is and why it is important for the people to know about it," the Mirwaiz told HT even as he described Thursday's disruption of his function in Chandigarh as some thing "being part of politics."

Mirwaiz, 37, who was the first to tell on the soil of Pakistan in 2007 that "Kashmir cannot afford to have more graveyards" and had sought dialogue as a way forward in his message to the militant outfits that the cult of violence no longer could deliver a solution to Kashmir crisis, said that his "idea is to tell what the idea of Kashmir is."

His observations about Kashmir were preceded by an attack on his house and followed by severe criticism by the militant outfits.

He would be interacting with the people in New Delhi and Kolkota and also in Jammu.

"We have always believed in dialogue and this is our way of holding dialogue," he said and added, "The people of India must know that we have a problem and that needs a resolution".

The Mirwaiz is the face of dialogue in Kashmir vis-à-vis New Delhi and Islamabad. He was the first one to lead delegation of the Hurriyat Conference for talks with the NDA government in 2004 and subsequently held talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in 2005 and 2006 and was also involved in a "quiet dialogue" with the Union Home Minister P Chidambaram in November-December 2009. He, however, said "no talks" with the Centre's three interlocutors.

On Thursday too he was optimistic that he would be able to have a "good interaction" with civil society in Chandigarh. And even after the incident, he did not blame any one for the disruption. "It happens, we got to take it in our stride as ours is a struggle that cannot be halted because of some incidents here and there."

---------------------------------------------------

Lets hope that Pakistanis realise that these so called Jihadi groups like LeT Hizb are unwelcome in India and they stop support of these outfits that have brought nothing but misery not only to the Kashmiris but to the Pakistanis themselves.

Again why are you still clutching at the straws --- Prove me that the Pandit brother came with a gun to kill Mirwaiz.Dont just trump up claims for te sake of arguing.
Fine if I go Punch the Indian PM I won't be shot at till I produce a gun?

Again you are sidestepping the argument that if the wanton violence of the Valley Muslim stone pelters are justified so too is the action of the Kashmiri Pandit brothers.You cant have two standards for the two people from the same 'disputed territory'
Kashmiri Pandits are not part-taking the in dispute as officially recognized by the UN. They want to side with India go ahead, vote for India in the UN plebiscite.

The violence of stone pelters is against illegal occupation of Kashmir by Indian forces. An act of force, an act of violence. May I also remind you that it was the senseless killing of a young boy in cold blood that caused the protests in the first place.

Now this is downright ludicurous ---- Why should Indian State be held accountable for the safety of a man who advocated breaking up of India (sedition) sitting squat in India itself. :blink:
If you think its sedition take him to the courts, what in India there is no law? Lynch mob still decides the sentences to crimes?

Fine if I go Punch the Indian PM I won't be shot at till I produce a gun?

No you wont be ! IPC applies equally to all.
And please dont compare Mirwaiz to MMS --- its downright insulting to that Sardar.

Kashmiri Pandits are not part-taking the in dispute as officially recognized by the UN. They want to side with India go ahead, vote for India in the UN plebiscite.

Yes they are indeed siding with India and 'showing' it too. And please remind me when was the Kashmir issue last discussed in UN ?

The violence of stone pelters is against illegal occupation of Kashmir by Indian forces. An act of force, an act of violence. May I also remind you that it was the senseless killing of a young boy in cold blood that caused the protests in the first place.

The violence of the Kashmiri Pandit brothers was against the illegal ethinic cleansing from their home land that made them refugees in their own land. May I also remind you of the acts of religious intolerance and the pogrom that followed resulting in the deaths of thousands of Pandit brothers,sisters,children in the 90s and making lakhs of them flee for their lives, that caused this incident in the first place.

If you think its sedition take him to the courts, what in India there is no law? Lynch mob still decides the sentences to crimes?

This was a spontaneous provocation of Mirwaiz that resulted in this altercation --- It would be nice on his part to keep in mind Chandigarh or for that matter Kolkata is not Lal Chowk.

Last edited:
If caught in the act of violence, they should be shot at.

If the police is there for his protection how come it allowed people to attack him? He could've easily been killed, the police which had guns should have fired. In the entire world anyone caught trying to kill someone can be killed by security personnel to protect the would be victim. Obviously violence against Mirwaiz was allowed.

Sorry but we are not China .We don't go around killing people.Police are trained not to fire at public places as it may result in innocent deaths.

Delhi court to decide on sedition charge against Roy, Geelani

Once again India is trying to silence the voices of freedom.

Har ghar se mujahid niklay ga, tum kitne mujahid maaro ge

New Delhi, Nov.27: A Delhi metropolitan magistrate’s court is likely to decide Saturday whether criminal proceedings should initiated against hard line Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani and writer-activist Arundhati Roy on charges of sedition for their alleged anti-India statements.

Metropolitan Magistrate Navita Kumari Bagha, who pulled up the police for failing to submit proper status report on a complaint filed with them on October 28 by Sushil Pandit seeking registration of FIR against Roy and Geelani, reserved the order on the complaint filed with the court after hearing arguments of Pandit's counsel.

Besides Geelani and Roy, the complaint sought prosecution of five others, including Delhi University professor S A R Geelani, who was acquitted in Parliament attack case, and Sheikh Showkat Hussain, a professor of Jammu and Kashmir University.

According to the complaint, the accused made the comments at a convention in New Delhi in October on 'Azadi--The Only Way'. Hurriyat leader Geelani shared the dais with Roy and pro-Maoist leader Vara Vara Rao among others. The audience heckled Geelani

I sincerely hope the Delhi court doesnt convict Suzanne Arundathi Roy !

No more free publicities please.

Let him say whatever the hell he wants to say. People (pakistanis) criticize India for not being democratic and secular.. when in fact this jackass roams around the country chanting anti India speeches. AND STILL the government provides him with security and the right to state whatever he wants. That to me is democratic enough

Asim, do you recommend the same(to be shot) for the person who threw a shoe on Zardari? after all thats also violence.

All the persons who threw a shoe @ Bush, Zardai and Chidambaram were only arrested and let go.

It can be argued that the shoes could have contained explosives and hence the guys must have been shot on site.

But that's not how mature people respond you know! It's very fancy to talk like this on an internet forum but in actual life, maturity matters!

It is an absurd question, since its none of your business and not your right to ask how someone believes in God and wishes to remember their lost ones.

What in India you have to justify your personal beliefs?

Yes its not my business

But it shows intention of Geelani ........what he want :tdown:

What about the intentions of all the people coming to the graveyard?

If everyone intends one and the same thing, then its only India's intentions that are malafide.

Back
Top Bottom