What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Some body thought that her emotional essays from Sri Nagar will be lapped up by the whole world and BO will be spanking India's behind for solving the Kashmir issue,but now is terribily dis-appointed tht her name was not even mentioned in the whole 3 days.:lol:

So here comes another mix-match of anti-India,anti-Hindu essay to the new york times with some mirch-masala terms like "azadi","self-determination" added here and there to get the attention.

Another question is whom is she addressing by writing in the NYT ?? I thought it is the Indians ,rather than the hippies in New York who should be convinced about the supposed brutality of GoI in Kashmir.The fact that she is not writing in any Indian paper shows that even she knows she doesnt have much credibility among Indians.

Some body thought that her emotional essays from Sri Nagar will be lapped up by the whole world and BO will be spanking India's behind for solving the Kashmir issue,but now is terribily dis-appointed tht her name was not even mentioned in the whole 3 days.:lol:

So here comes another mix-match of anti-India,anti-Hindu essay to the new york times with some mirch-masala terms like "azadi","self-determination" added here and there to get the attention.

Another question is whom is she addressing by writing in the NYT ?? I thought it is the Indians ,rather than the hippies in New York who should be convinced about the supposed brutality of GoI in Kashmir.The fact that she is not writing in any Indian paper shows that even she knows she doesnt have much credibility among Indians.

ohh bechari :rofl:

I wasn’t arrested that night. Instead, in what is becoming a common political strategy, officials outsourced their displeasure to the mob. A few days after I returned home, the women’s wing of the Bharatiya Janata Party (the right-wing Hindu nationalist opposition) staged a demonstration outside my house, calling for my arrest. Television vans arrived in advance to broadcast the event live. The murderous Bajrang Dal, a militant Hindu group that, in 2002, spearheaded attacks against Muslims in Gujarat in which more than a thousand people were killed, have announced that they are going to “fix” me with all the means at their disposal, including by filing criminal charges against me in different courts across the country.

What does this hag think..? that the Freedom of speech is limited only to her...? She has completely lost herself.

On one hand she says pity the nation that controls freedom of speech,but when the same freedom of speech is used against her she cries and complains to New York times. Hypocritical ****.

Some of the comments from Obama and Singh's joint statement yesterday are the worse slap possible for delusionists who wanted USA to speak out against the mythical human rights violations by India in J&K (Ms Roy included). I will list those comments below

"We are the world's two largest democracies. We have both a set of values and principles that we share that I believe are universal: the belief in individual liberty, in freedom of the press, in freedom of political assembly, in human rights"

"And given that we have these values that we share, at a time when there are still too many conflicts, there are still too many misunderstandings between nations, when principles like democracy and human rights too often are not observed, for our two countries to be able to stand together to promote those principles -- in international forums, by the example that we set, by the bilateral ties that we form -- I think can be incredibly powerful and incredibly important.
"

Obama’s statement supports Pakistan’s Kashmir stance: Babar

LAHORE, Nov 8 (APP): Federal Minister for Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Dr Babar Awan has said that US President Barack Obama’s statement on Kashmir expressed international acceptance of Pakistan’s stand on the issue.Talking to the media on his arrival at the Allama Iqbal International Airport here on Monday, he said that now the Kashmir issue should be resolved according to the UN resolutions for peace in the subcontinent.Talking about an upcoming meeting of the Friends of Pakistan on flood affected areas, he said the support of the international community was a success of the nation.

Commenting on the political situation in the country, he said that “Charter of Pakistan” envisaged by PML-N Quaid Mian Nawaz Sharif was incomprehensible in the presence of the 1973 constitution which was formed by a consensus of all parties at that time.
He said the PML-N should focus on governance in Punjab where prices of chicken had reached up to Rs 300 per kg, adding that some elements had established a “poultry foundry” in the province.
On the price of sugar, he said crushing could not start in Punjab purposefully even though the federal government had released stocks on time.
He questioned governance in Punjab and asked why the provincial government was not following the directions of the Supreme Court on the sugar price which should be Rs 45 per kg.
He said the chief minister should focus on governance in the province by implementing court observations on sugar and eliminating anti-people elements.
To a question, the minister said chicken would be sold at Rs 1000 per kg and an egg for Rs 100 if governance was not improved.
To a question on the Judicial Council and the 19th amendment, he said that not a single word could be changed in the constitution without an amendment and the government would assist the ruling of the Supreme Court through parliament.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Obama’s statement supports Pakistan’s Kashmir stance: Babar

Kashmir separatists say Obama backs their position

Posted: Tue Nov 09 2010, 04:38 hrs
Srinagar:

Separatists on Monday tried to put their own spin on President Barack Obama’s comments on Jammu and Kashmir, saying the US had backed their position by terming Kashmir a “long-standing dispute”.

Hawk Syed Ali Shah Geelani was prompt to praise Obama’s statement, projecting it as an achievement for his five-month-long protest campaign in the state.

“We are happy that President Obama admitted that Kashmir is a long-standing dispute and needs to be solved. This is what we have also been saying for long. We want the US to play a role in the resolution of Kashmir,” Geelani said in a video statement posted on Youtube.

Moderate Hurriyat chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq said the Hurriyat wanted the US to play a covert facilitatory role if mediation was not acceptable to India. “We are also happy that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has talked about engaging Pakistan and said that India was not afraid of K-word,” he said.

Kashmir separatists say Obama backs their position

All I could make out of this post is price of Chicken and Eggs :rofl:

How did he conclude the international acceptance of Kashmir? :undecided:

Why not!?
Babar the great has said it and we should believe it!
no one else in the world has that opinion though.
:sniper:

arundhati_roy2.jpg

:smitten:

"Bade Bade Deshon mein, choti choti baatein hoti rehti hain".....

Geelani and his apparent "interpretion" of tacit US support for the Kashmir struggle is no different....

Geelani Sahib...ab Dilli duur nahin....LOL!

Delhi police harass Kashmiri students for attending seminar

Posted Mon, 11/08/2010 - 14:13
Share Indian troops martyr two more 'Protest in Bandipora
Srinagar, November 08 (KGN):Indian police has started harassing the Kashmiri students who attended a seminar on Kashmir held in New Delhi, last month.

A student at Jamia Millia Islamia talking to media men via telephone from New Delhi on the condition of anonymity said, “An unknown caller asked me to come to Jamia police station as they wanted to question me in connection with the seminar. They have done it earlier too.” He said that some Indian intelligence officials had also visited his home in Srinagar for seeking details about him.

Another Delhi University student who was at the seminar, said that the task of harassment had been assigned to the hooligans of Hindu extremist student unions who harassed the students in myriad ways. In occupied Kashmir, Indian troops, in their fresh act of state terrorism, martyred two innocent Kashmiri youth in Kupwara district, today.

On the other hand,The troops killed the youth in Tangdhar area of the district during a siege and search operation, which continued till last reports came in.
Bandipora: people took to streets in Bandipora and staged protests to press for the release of six youth arrested by Indian police during a nocturnal raid. The police had detained six youth including three brothers from various localities of Bandipora during the intervening night of Saturday and Sunday.

People in Hajin held protests against the arrest of three youth, a week ago. Residents of Sonawari told media men that the CRPF troops barged into residential houses during night time and harassed the youth, who were preparing for their exams.

Delhi police harass Kashmiri students for attending seminar|Kashmir Global -Kashmir News Research Monitoring Analyzing different Stories,Videos,Articles, Pictures on Kashmir Conflict

what is that kahawat about "saawan ka andhe ko hara- hara (pun intended) hi dikhta hai " .. lol

What are your comments regarding this incident. Why open a thread if you have no comments?

Back
Top Bottom